GRob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Come on man. Vernon is good but "a monster"? He has zero pro bowls, didn't start a single game as a rookie, and has had a couple good seasons. It's not like GRob just went up against the best in the league last night. Even with last year being Vernon's second best year of his career, he was 21st in sacks. That doesn't say monster. That says very good if he keeps it up. He has one sack in two games. Looks like he's on track for another less than monster year.
You are correct....I was being a lil....I don't know...just pumping him up.....Giants supposedly have this great defense...he signed a HUGE contract....
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7544/olivier-vernon

But you are correct....he's just an average player, with a great agent
Giants signed RE Olivier Vernon, formerly of the Dolphins, to a five-year, $85 million contract.
The deal includes $40 million fully guaranteed and is a record-setting contract. The Giants came into the offseason needing to do something about their woeful pass rush. And they've done just that by first re-signing LE Jason Pierre-Paul and now going out and landing probably the biggest fish on the board in Vernon. Vernon was Pro Football Focus' No. 1 overall 4-3 end last season, recording 81 combined sacks, hits, and hurries, while also playing elite run defense. By adding Vernon and DT Damon Harrison on Wednesday, the Giants greatly boosted their defense. Wed, Mar 9, 2016 04:58:00 PM

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just wanting to clarify for you that fact that he didn't merely have a False Start penalty as you said in your post.

He had 2 Holding penalties and a False Start long before the end of the 1st half.
Oh, we're clear....He had a false start...a hold....the other was declined....But still a hold...

And

Nothing else the ENTIRE GAME

Curious about what Whitworth had now.....?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
oh WOW ,,, you're going the age route you of all people ?? .... what extremely young rams player have you been highly cirticial of ???? name escapes me right now ... the dude thats 22 .. plays the hardest position .....itll come to me
I'll debate line play is tougher than QB play in another thread....but yeah...the guy that ended the game with a pick....never won the big one...sunsetsinwest.....I been a lil critical of his play. Oh, and he's 22....but I still got hope....Thursday's in 2 days....

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Oh, we're clear....He had a false start...a hold....the other was declined....But still a hold...

And

Are you GRob's dad?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He had 2 Holding penalties and a False Start long before halftime.

That's when the lions realized they needed to put a blocking TE next to him for the rest of the game.
And Olivier Vernon didn't have a tackle until late in the 3rd quarter....funny how stats work huh?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are you GRob's dad?
I wish...

Oh, you don't like what you find when you start looking down a rabbit hole huh?

As opposed to FAKE NEWS.....I'm a Rams fan....been one for some time....Watched Dickerson....Saw Wendel (how's that) Tyler....John Cappaletti....Cullen Bryant....Saw those lines...Nutten with his towel...Dennis Harrah.....Jackie...Saul...Mack....I know what a Rams lineman looks like...It's NOT Havenstein...Not Brown....and I'm thinking...the more we run left...I aint Whitworth and all that seal blocking shit.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
RAMS please don't draft anymore offensive linemen in the first round!
Let's just stick to finding proven ones in free agency or trades

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How about we move on from former Rams for a bit. Not that this subject isn't titillating but.... yawn. Fact is that he is no longer a Ram and no amount of second guessing, bashing each other, or hindsight will make him one.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Keep it about the subject or points made in a post - not about the poster.

Carry on....

It was a joke. I think I got told to fuck off last week and nothing happened to that post, so I figured the former was a bit more appropriate.

I wish...

Oh, you don't like what you find when you start looking down a rabbit hole huh?

As opposed to FAKE NEWS.....I'm a Rams fan....been one for some time....Watched Dickerson....Saw Wendel (how's that) Tyler....John Cappaletti....Cullen Bryant....Saw those lines...Nutten with his towel...Dennis Harrah.....Jackie...Saul...Mack....I know what a Rams lineman looks like...It's NOT Havenstein...Not Brown....and I'm thinking...the more we run left...I aint Whitworth and all that seal blocking crap.

I honestly don't care. GRob was a bust-- decent in run blocking, terrible in pass pro and a penalty machine. That hasn't changed. That's why our FO let him go for peanuts. Whitworth, Havenstein and Brown are Rams. GRob isn't. That's a fact of life.

But props to you for sticking by your opinion even if it's in the minority.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

And

The Holding penalty was declined because the player GRob was holding made the sack anyway.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It was a joke. I think I got told to freak off last week and nothing happened to that post, so I figured the former was a bit more appropriate.
If you or anyone gets told to fuck off, and a mod doesn't see it, I still want to know about it. I realize we are all big boys but that kind of crap is simply not going to be allowed here. Simple point here though is not that CHAMP couldn't have defended himself or that your post was a huge violation but the rule is basic and at the forefront of what this site is and always has been about. Keep it about the post - not the poster. Enough said?

JRobinson

MiLB
Yeah...that's why you gotta watch the game...Some guys take notes like....well, not good. Vernon, Olivier...my bad for spelling it Olivia....cause that's what it sounds like they call him had 2 tackles & 3 assists...not sure about pressures....and generally a below average game...esp. if you consider he went against one of the WORST ( ole schools notes, not mine) Left tackles in the game....
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709180nyg.htm

No pass knock downs....

oh, and from the STATS it appears Abdulla ran LEFT more than right....Why? Not sure....they did have more yards around right end...in less carries. Probably one of those late game bursts.

Check out the play by play...a written narrative of the game....I see a false start for 5 yards...and a hold...in the first half....that other hold was declined due to the pass being incomplete on 3rd down. Vernon didn't make a tackle until the 3rd quarter. Basically wasn't in the game....I don't really know about Vernon...I just saw he signed a nice contract and he gets a lot of pub....that's publicity....He seems undersized to me....

It's obvious that some just wanna be right to be right....I like proof....like in the pudding....
My man, you don't have to watch the game or the play-by-play to know if someone is bad when their track record, like I said, is your 'proof in the pudding'. We watched his atrocious play for 3 seasons. I'm not wanting to be right to be right; the dude freaking sucks. Period.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Can you imagine what it would be like if we had Khalil Mack AND Aaron Donald from the same draft?!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll debate line play is tougher than QB play in another thread....but yeah...the guy that ended the game with a pick....never won the big one...sunsetsinwest.....I been a lil critical of his play. Oh, and he's 22....but I still got hope....Thursday's in 2 days....
A little critical ??? Understatement of the year

Only you would debate with pretty much every pundit HC owner football fan and say o line is more difficult that QB ...

To even suggest grob is half the player whitworth is laughable ... gflop
Couldn't carry his jockstrap ... whit gave up a sack but so did your boy ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Can you imagine what it would be like if we had Khalil Mack AND Aaron Donald from the same draft?!
Impossible to make the assumption both would have been available. If we take Mack at 2 it's likely the Raiders take AD. It would be nice to have them both but unrealistic to think we could have.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Between him and Quick, and at least with regards to drafting offensive players ... please, no more raw athletes with a "high upside". Athletic ability doesn't mean crap if a guy can't learn to play his position properly.

Ram65

Legend
Maybe....

We were out rushed 229 to 90+ yards a couple days ago....I'm looking for solutions....you guys appear happy with the status quo....

Greg is a powerful drive blocker...probably better than anyone on the team now...yet we just dumped him for a 6th rounder...and we still struggle running the ball...Washington had 2 runners look BETTER than Todd Gurley.....I believe it's because they have drive blockers like Greg...while everyone on here is happy to have the nice guy Whit...and stone man Havenstein....and that clueless Brown trying to move the pile.

Flowers is a RT at this moment....and like a few have noted, these young guys need more training ...coaching...more work....and possibly they can be as if not more effective than guys we have that can't move the pile.

Oh yeah, Greg had the occasional negative play too last night...overall he was serviceable...against a BETTER player.

He looked the same. Good thing Stafford got rid of the ball fast and can run. I Saw GRob blocking his own guard on a pass play. Sorry, Champ he is still doing the same mistskes. thought the Rams should hold on to him.

I thoght they should have kept him at least for a later trade. May be he could

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Now you make me want to trade Mack to the Rams in Madden. I can dream, you know!