Greg Robinson playing Right Tackle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wonder if Big Rob-ensteins injury is an issue...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well it probably helps develop him as a Tackle, but what about Havenstein? Why not try to trade him?

Or maybe Robbie is more injured than we knew?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
:wow:that's a lot of beef.

Whitworth - Saffold - Wichmann (rookie?) - Havenstein - Robinson

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of Robinson at any tackle spot. I bet havenstein will be a nice guard though

jjab360

Legend
...I hope this isn't set in stone. Robinson on an island is going to struggle regardless, whereas a healthy Havenstein has proven he can be succesful at that position. I also think Havenstein can be succesful at G but hopefully GRob isn't just being handed the job, he'll have have to compete and be evaluated accordingly.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
:wow:that's a lot of beef.

Whitworth - Saffold - Wichmann (rookie?) - Havenstein - Robinson

And we just acquired a 6' tall QB thru free agency who will need a bench to see over them. :LOL:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
This is a surprising development. Don't ya'll think that Mr. Havenstein might be too tall to play inside at guard? Usually guards are a bit shorter so D Tackles can't get under them and get a leverage advantage.

What are your thoughts on this change?

~ArkyRamsFan~

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think GRob should be a guard, I've said that for a long time now. I was never a fan of taking him #2 overall, and I'm still not a big fan, but he could be a very powerful run blocking guard.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Havenstein at guard? I dunno about that.

Why not? I like it! He's big and can get one heck of a push, huge upgrade over the others IMHO. Not sure how he would do pulling, but I need to see it.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Why not? I like it! He's big and can get one heck of a push, huge upgrade over the others IMHO. Not sure how he would do pulling, but I need to see it.

Because Greg is a shit tackle and decent guard. Rob was a fantastic tackle his rookie year and then he got hurt. Seems like a bigger risk changing his position considering you're still expecting GRob to play tackle well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Seems like a bigger risk changing his position considering you're still expecting GRob to play tackle well.

Well, I think the goal is to give GROB less to think about and maybe they feel Havenstein can make the adjustment easier than GROB. Not a big deal because if that fails then they can easily slide Havenstein back outside.