Greg Robinson not even second string

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
Who cares at this point?

I still do- If he is wearing horns, I care. If he was lazy, or a malcontent- I might not- but I still hope this guy is salvageable. He may not be- but still possible.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still do- If he is wearing horns, I care. If he was lazy, or a malcontent- I might not- but I still hope this guy is salvageable. He may not be- but still possible.

He'll be what he'll be. There's no need for day-by-day updates on G-Rob's practicing. We'll see come Week 1 where he is. He's just not that important to this team anymore.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Finally some sense.

This whole thread is just a reason to bash the player from the comfort of the keyboard.
Nope.
Hated the pick from the minute I heard it and knew that there was a highly increased chance of disaster.

Number one - you don't pick a project at number 2.

Number two - not enough experience at the position.

Number three - unlike Matthews and Lewan, Robinson was totally off the radar at the beginning of the year.

Number four - you have to be conscience of national championship hype vs reality.

Number five - left tackle is too important to experiment with.

Common sense should tell you these things.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
What real Rams fan would want Robinson to fail?

I bash him because he sucks - PERIOD.

I don't really blame him at all.

I blame Fisher and Snead.

Greg Robinson is the luckiest dude ever to back into being a multi-millionaire - ever.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I get the feeling that G-Rob is going to be traded for another team's underachiever. I don't think he's going to work out here, and it's a shame.
close....6th round pick

I doubt there are many on here, if ANY who watch college games and concentrate on Olinemen.. So essentially most are going by what others say for the most part unless that player plays for a team they see a lot- again though, that is VERY rare. So when someone tells me they liked this or that linemen from college, I am skeptical of their opinion, because as a football fan, I NEVER watch an olineman specifically and don't know anyone who does.
I do....I watch the line on replay....after seeing a play to see what happened to defenders...like who effed up...not all the time. But often when the Rams are looking to draft some linemen. I look at the draftbreakdown videos too...of top rated linemen.
And I looked at Lewan...and Matthews....I looked very little at Greg, but liked his athleticism. My final analysis is the combine...I guy that plays well then test well, is usually a solid pick. However, spread players, don't always....perform in the structure of the pros...not sure why...but I believe it has to do with the play calls...sounding like spanish.

Tano

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snead must visit this site.

He read my post and said let's get rid of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I watch the O line every second the television camera is on them.

Especially on the replays.

90% of the time it will show you what went right or what went wrong.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just think, we could have had any one of the following instead of Robinson:

Khalil Mack (can you imagine him and AD on the same defense...)
OBJ
Mike Evans
Derek Carr (instant franchise QB, but this pick has a lot of hindsight involved)
Zack Martin
Jake Matthews
C.J. Mosley (would've been NASTY next to Ogletree)

The ONLY problem with that is that with Martin or Mack, (Carr is a reach because a EVERY team could've had him which isn't the case for many of the first rounders where some or only a few couldn't have taken them) is that the improvement they brought might have been enough to stave off Fisher's firing for another year and, honestly, that's the best thing to happen to this franchise since Spag's firing.

As many stated (I didn't want to be there at that time, but they were right), Fisher got the team to mediocre and then... stayed there. Last year, they were just bad. What's more upsetting is that the team wasn't bad because of bad players or just horrible execution...on defense anyway.

If I had to choose between even Khalil Mack or McVay? I'd choose McVay because we're going to win multiple Super Bowls with McVay whereas if we had both Mack and Donald, we'd end up letting one go via FA because no team can support paying two defenders within the top 5 in the league.

But yeah, draft mistakes hurt and how they didn't realize G-Rob either doesn't love football or doesn't have any football IQ... I dunno. It's a lot easier to understand how a team could miss on Barrett Jones from Alabama who had every credential on the books and played some of his best ball against the biggest NTs in the SEC.

That miss I understand. But G-Rob? As a fan, all I could do is believe in his potential and hope the coaches could coach him up. But they are professionals whose job it is to evaluate a player's desire. Those misses are much more an indictment of a failure to evaluate.

Tano

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At the time of the draft in 2013, I was hoping against hope that we would trade down from the #2 spot because other than Watkins, I didn't think much of the top 5 players (Boy I was wrong on Mack - Matthews is decent but not a top 5 pick IMHO). And I was only so so on Watkins.

When Buffalo traded down, I was devastated that the Rams didn't take that trade. I was hoping that I was wrong about Robinson but I really wanted the trade down.

I think if we would have traded down, we would have taken Donald at 9 (or OBJ) and Martin at 13.

My dream on that draft would have been to get OBJ at 9 and trade up to 10 to get Donald. And still have an extra first round pick the next year. One can only dream lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nope.
Hated the pick from the minute I heard it and knew that there was a highly increased chance of disaster.

Number one - you don't pick a project at number 2.

Number two - not enough experience at the position.

Number three - unlike Matthews and Lewan, Robinson was totally off the radar at the beginning of the year.

Number four - you have to be conscience of national championship hype vs reality.

Number five - left tackle is too important to experiment with.

Common sense should tell you these things.

Cool story.

It's still created to rag on the player.

We get it, you didn't like the pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cool story.

It's still created to rag on the player.

We get it, you didn't like the pick.

Raggin on players is the dark side of rooting for a team. Not saying it's right, but it's part of the deal so why not let folks get it out of their system without the "holier than thou" act.

I get it, you're a better fan. Congrats.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Raggin on players is the dark side of rooting for a team. Not saying it's right, but it's part of the deal so why not let folks get it out of their system without the "holier than thou" act.

I get it, you're a better fan. Congrats.

Not really. I've moved on from bashing players. Saying how Greg (or anyone for that matter) isn't playing well is one thing, creating threads to bash the guy and saying "he sucks" is another. I used to do that when I was in high school.

Then I realized how stupid and pointless it was.

If that makes me "holier than thou", so be it. Better than being a smug internet ragger.