Great, LeBron to Lakers and No Rams Coverage on ESPNLA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You do realize that the Rams have 5 primetime games don't you? Think baby steps. Remember, it's all about Bob.o_O
I am talking about the Rams flagship sports station on radio, ESPNLA, who have been basically talking the same NBA jibber-jabber since they became the Rams home station. The first training camp in LA they ignored camp WHILE THERE in person, and talked the Lakers. The Lakers still sucked last year, but they seemed to get on the Rams bandwagon when it appeared the team was headed for the playoffs. With King LeBron in town, we won’t hear much Rams talk until the NFC Championship Game.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I really am trying to feel sorry for all of you while I'm here in Podunk Idaho in amongst all these potatoes and potato heads where we don't have any sports radio what so ever. Yep I'm so broken hearted over this.

All kidding aside, maybe it will take a little more time to establish themselves like the Lakers who are very well established. Keep the faith my Ram brethren.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really am trying to feel sorry for all of you while I'm here in Podunk Idaho in amongst all these potatoes and potato heads where we don't have any sports radio what so ever. Yep I'm so broken hearted over this.

All kidding aside, maybe it will take a little more time to establish themselves like the Lakers who are very well established. Keep the faith my Ram brethren.
TuneIn is your friend (radio app). I live in a town with 588 people counting chickens and dogs in Kansas..and the Rams were in LA 10 years or so before the Lakers left Minneapolis as far as who established what, first.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
It's a great time to be a Ram/Laker Fan! In 99 we won the Super Bowl and NBA Chip. Lookin forward to a repeat of that...Glad we dodged the Boogie Bullet, dude will never be the same after blowin an achilles. Kobe couldn't come back from it, and he was 100 times the worker that fatass Boogie will ever be...Hope GS enjoys wasting $5mil to watch him "rehab", lmao

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
TuneIn is your friend (radio app). I live in a town with 588 people counting chickens and dogs in Kansas..and the Rams were in LA 10 years or so before the Lakers left Minneapolis as far as who established what, first.

Probably closer to 20 years I think without looking.......but the Lakers have been NBA royalty and the Rams have been mostly down other than a couple of good runs.

Winning is what makes a team part of the cities fabric.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably closer to 20 years I think without looking.......but the Lakers have been NBA royalty and the Rams have been mostly down other than a couple of good runs.

Winning is what makes a team part of the cities fabric.

First Pro team in LA to win a Championship in LA? Too bad DaveFan51 is gone, he'd know this..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams in 1951
train
Yep....the fabric of the city to the Rams was knit in 1951, Les Baker....The Dons, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings lagged behind the Rams. The team was a good one for much more than just that year in the 1950's. Now those teams ended up winning more Championships, but the Rams were the first..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I love the guy, trust me the Showtime Lakers were the best basketball team I have ever seen and they were great to a fan like me watching from the other side of the country.

Good point about Shaw and JZ for sure.

I hope Magic can fix the Lakers..........IMO they, not the Celtics, are the most storied franchise in the NBA. Maybe the most successful in all of sports as far as post seasons.

I watch zero baseball, sometimes less than that. So I can't answer.

My point was ownership. Jeanie is taking over for her dad. Her dad really was one of the best owners ever.

Magic put a group together to beat out Silent Stan to bynthe Dodgers. Things would have looked a lot different in LA’s future.

LeBron was at the first Rams home game!!
The Hit ChillinPeppers were playing on The Grass. Just cool that he is a Rams fan &’now A Laker.

Was never a Big James fan , but right now he is King !! Inthink it’s pretty cool. A Hollywood ending. Rams are back with a great future. Things are good & how it should be imo.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As much as I hate that the rams moved to LA, I’ve learned to live with it. BUT, I’ve been a lakers fan since I was a small child. Not sure why, but then they got Kobe and it became love! Now, I’ve hated Lebron just because of all his hype, but damn I’m happy to see the Lakers get some life. Pretty damn excited!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yep....the fabric of the city to the Rams was knit in 1951, Les Baker....The Dons, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings lagged behind the Rams. The team was a good one for much more than just that year in the 1950's. Now those teams ended up winning more Championships, but the Rams were the first..

I'm agreeing with you that they were first..........but the Lakers are first in the market now, meaning most liked. They have provided that town with playoffs, titles, hall of famers and loads of great entertainment.

The Rams can get there and join the party, but they will have to have success in order to do it.

My point was ownership. Jeanie is taking over for her dad. Her dad really was one of the best owners ever.

He was one of the top in any sport I would say, and was loved and respected by pretty much everyone involved with him. If there was ever a lead dog in NBA ownership it was him.

I know Magic always speaks highly of people and rarely ever has a bad word but when you listen to him talk about Dr. Buss that says all you need to know.

I hope he has success as the GM, and I hope Jeanie lets him do his job and doesn't meddle. So far she seems to understand that he should be left to his own devices without her overseeing much. I'm sure she has a "check with me" rule for some things but Magic is a brialliant dude he can handle that shit.

Did you know she posed for Playboy sometime in the 90's.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Which made them the best team in the East and the East champion.

?

Did you see how they played in November - early January? They had lost a ton of games , the team was falling apart, and there was a chance they could've been a .500 team at one point. And that was WITH LeOverrated. They made a bunch of trades and moves to fix their ship.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did you see how they played in November - early January? They had lost a ton of games , the team was falling apart, and there was a chance they could've been a .500 team at one point. And that was WITH LeOverrated. They made a bunch of trades and moves to fix their ship.

LOL @overrated........he's in the conversation for greatest ever you know. It's fine that you don't like him, just say that.

That trade didn't do much to fix the team IMO. My friends back home that follow the Cavs were underwhelmed by the deals they made for the most part.

The record was 31-22 before and 18-10 after. Those are winning %'s of about 64% and 59% so fairly close..........and the Pacers and Celtics took them to 7 games and the Celtics did it without 2 starters.......and it took 2 amazing performances by James to win those last two versus Boston.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL @overrated........he's in the conversation for greatest ever you know. It's fine that you don't like him, just say that.

That trade didn't do much to fix the team IMO. My friends back home that follow the Cavs were underwhelmed by the deals they made for the most part.

The record was 31-22 before and 18-10 after. Those are winning %'s of about 64% and 59% so fairly close..........and the Pacers and Celtics took them to 7 games and the Celtics did it without 2 starters.......and it took 2 amazing performances by James to win those last two versus Boston.
lol...I don't envy you, bro....Cleveland LeBron fans have now shed the responsibility of defending King LeBron's greatness, vs the reality of Michael Jordan.....(couldn't resist,lol!)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I don't like/dislike him as a person. My main issue is I don't need people telling me he's good. I know he's good. But greatest ever? Nah. Not even close. No one will ever surpass His Royal Airness. Or Kobe for that matter. Or Tim Duncan. Or Kareem. I'm not even going to argue stats or whatever. LeOverrated doesn't hold a candle to these guys.

My other issue is LeOverrated gets passes of not winning titles, because his team is the one holding him back, and is all puppy dogs when he signs with the Heat with other superstars. But Kevin Durant (and others) gets berated in OKC for not winning with a young team going against Kobe's final hurrah, and berated for going to the Warriors. It's a complete double standard.
The Cavaliers were struggling last winter. If they weren't, why did they make a slew of moves to "fix" the issues? Whether the internet was "impressed" or not is irrelevant to me. Whatever the team did seemed to right the ship.

I mean look at the games. They lost to teams like freaking Orlando and Detroit..

upload_2018-7-4_14-0-24.png

After Feb 7 is when they got really good and to the finals. I don't like the aura that's been created around him, to me he's always LeOverrated. Always will be. And if I'm the only one, so be it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Cavaliers were struggling last winter. If they weren't, why did they make a slew of moves to "fix" the issues? Whether the internet was "impressed" or not is irrelevant to me. Whatever the team did seemed to right the ship.

I didn't say that they weren't trying to fix things and get more competitive.........I'm saying they really didn't improve it very much at all and the before and after record supports that.

No one will ever surpass His Royal Airness. Or Kobe for that matter. Or Tim Duncan. Or Kareem. I'm not even going to argue stats or whatever. LeOverrated doesn't hold a candle to these guys.

I think your bias is showing LOL..........that's a ridiculous statement to make.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm agreeing with you that they were first..........but the Lakers are first in the market now, meaning most liked. They have provided that town with playoffs, titles, hall of famers and loads of great entertainment.

The Rams can get there and join the party, but they will have to have success in order to do it.

He was one of the top in any sport I would say, and was loved and respected by pretty much everyone involved with him. If there was ever a lead dog in NBA ownership it was him.

I know Magic always speaks highly of people and rarely ever has a bad word but when you listen to him talk about Dr. Buss that says all you need to know.

I hope he has success as the GM, and I hope Jeanie lets him do his job and doesn't meddle. So far she seems to understand that he should be left to his own devices without her overseeing much. I'm sure she has a "check with me" rule for some things but Magic is a brialliant dude he can handle that crap.

Did you know she posed for Playboy sometime in the 90's.

Yes U did know she was in Playboy. I’m sure had a little of that Magic box. Phil Jackson sure grew on her.

The Rams are set to win back LA like never before. The New Stadium is State of The Art.

Ed D” for the 9ers sure F’d up The Rams, especially once Charlie drowned in knee deep water as a world class swimmer.