Goff showed me alot against Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
That Arizona game might been our worst of the year. The o line didn't show up to play AGAIN ! I don't think I have ever seen a qb get hit like goff did but he kept getting up and he kept fighting . He needs alot of work this off-season and the right coaching staff to show him how to succeed but he is a tough sob and that's what this team needs .

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I've seen him make a couple throws here and there, but I'm not impressed by the kid. I really think this team is screwed as long as we're tied to him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen him make a couple throws here and there, but I'm not impressed by the kid. I really think this team is screwed as long as we're tied to him.

I haven't been either but I don't think we are doomed though

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Don't think we're screwed but it will take some time that many won't have the patience for

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Coaching is critical dudes. This team had absolutely terrible offensive preparation and it showed in every phase of what they tried to do, be it running or passing. They need players, sure, there are holes. But to be that bad is more than just the guys on the field. Teams are WAITING on plays like reverses ffs, with two guys sitting there the previous week when the Rams ran one.

With offense in particular so much of it is whether the gameplan accurately attacks tendencies based on the defense's rules. Rams have that problem PLUS some players that need to go. They are predictable and in this league the only way you can get away with that is if you have way more talent than the other team all over your offense, which is very hard to do.

If the Rams get this hire right with a coach who knows wtf he is doing we'll suddenly find out we have some good players on offense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not speaking for the OP here... but I agree about Goff being a tough SOB, and I think that was his point. He may be a skinny 22 yr old right now, but I've watched him take some big hits in meaningless games and then watch him bounce up of the turf and march right back to the huddle as if unfazed. That is the stuff that earns respect from teammates.

Count me as someone who is impressed with Goff. Just imagine him with a quality NFL offense now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe we can cut Keenum some slack now. Played behind the same O-line, with the same receivers, led by the same offensive coordinator, against the same level of competition, with roughly the same amount of sacks. Maybe he doesn't suck as hard as people think, because if we're going to give Goff a blanket pass for his production due to his playing with shit and behind shit, then we can easily afford to do the same for Keenum.

14506f80aca044bf89a99d50d0721c8c.jpeg

Zero

Pro Bowler
Don't think we're screwed but it will take some time that many won't have the patience for
No doubt on the patience.Hence my Avatar.
IMHO.You give this kid a good offensive mind to
help him develop,some freakin blocking and
Goff will take care of the rest.Or he will die trying
Not only is he a tough SOB,he is a very very determined young man.
You combine that with his obvious talent and we will have ourselves
a winner..In time.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
He's played only seven games and some are calling him a bust? None of us really know what kind of environment this kid was subjected to each day under this dysfunctional organization. I would suggest to some of you to hold judgement whether he has what it takes to play in the NFL until you see what a good OC and QB coach can do with him. Add to it a improved O-Line and then if he still under-performs you can make those statements. He was doomed with Weinke as his QB coach, and Boras as the OC. We all know the issues with the bad O-Line and poor receiver performance with dropped balls, but to say a 22-year old is a bust, all I can say is WOW. Those thinking he is a bust are arm-chair QBs to say the least.

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Maybe we can cut Keenum some slack now. Played behind the same O-line, with the same receivers, led by the same offensive coordinator, against the same level of competition, with roughly the same amount of sacks. Maybe he doesn't suck as hard as people think, because if we're going to give Goff a blanket pass for his production due to his playing with crap and behind crap, then we can easily afford to do the same for Keenum.

Agreed. It really didn't matter who was our QB this year, they were doomed b/c of poor O-Line play, lack of running game, dropped balls by receivers, poor play calling, etc., etc. I'd be hard pressed to see Dak or Carson have any success if they played in this system. A new coaching regime and time will tell.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Goff a blanket pass for his production due to his playing with crap and behind crap, then we can easily afford to do the same for Keenum.
I think the Reason Goff gets more patience from Most of the fan
base has more to do with the fact that he is our future more so
than "Keenum being bad".
Keenum is not viewed in the same way and shouldn't be.
I also do not think it is fair to compare them at this point in
Goff's career.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think the Reason Goff gets more patience from Most of the fan
base has more to do with the fact that he is our future more so
than "Keenum being bad".
Keenum is not viewed in the same way and shouldn't be.
I also do not think it is fair to compare them at this point in
Goff's career.
Well, sure. I get that. I'm talking about the excuses Goff is afforded now. They weren't afforded to Keenum. I mean, shit, he got blasted for hitting Britt on a sideline pass in one game because - although complete - he didn't give Britt enough room to keep running because Britt ended up going out of bounds. Meanwhile Goff sails shit over receivers' heads by a quarter mile, and you don't hear a peep. Keenum gets sacked, and it's all "He has no pocket presence!" Goff gets sacked, and it's because the O-line is garbage. I'm not suggesting we compare the two either, and for all the reasons you gave. But I am suggesting that maybe a little acknowledgement be given to the idea that Keenum didn't have a world-class offense around *him* either.

fearsomefour

Legend
That Arizona game might been our worst of the year. The o line didn't show up to play AGAIN ! I don't think I have ever seen a qb get hit like goff did but he kept getting up and he kept fighting . He needs alot of work this off-season and the right coaching staff to show him how to succeed but he is a tough sob and that's what this team needs .
Tough yes, he is tough.
But at least half of the sacks on Sunday were on Goff. He just holds the ball forever. A prime example was the sack he took when they showed the all 22 view. Quick ran the pit and up and had his man beaten. Had a couple of steps coming out of his break.....Goff is looking at him starts his motion and doesn't let it go. Starts looking around, lost and takes a sack. That ball has to be gone when the receiver is coming out of his break. Holden the ball for 4 seconds is not going to work with almost any line, but, this one in particular.
If this is a 250 mile journey for Goff he has about 50 in and has a long way to go.
This offseason and next camp are crucial to his development.
The QB coach and OC hires/philosophy are critical. This is why a guy like Harbaugh would be of no interest to me.
Rams cannot mess this up or Goff will suffer greatly.
I like Goff a lot but the failing on Sunday were a two way street.

Todd59

Rookie
The thing is, we really don't know what this offense truly can be. We drafted a bunch of players that played in a Air Raid-style or spread option-style offenses and asked them to play in a power run west coast system. Tavon Austin was never going to be a fit for this system. But if you bring in someone like Chip Kelly (just as an example, I'm not banging the table for him or anything) you could have a 100% better offense with the same personnel because you are more likely to use the players skill sets that got him to the NFL in the first place. The offensive coaches had no imagination when it came to allowing players to do what they did best.

Ram65

Legend
Maybe we can cut Keenum some slack now. Played behind the same O-line, with the same receivers, led by the same offensive coordinator, against the same level of competition, with roughly the same amount of sacks. Maybe he doesn't suck as hard as people think, because if we're going to give Goff a blanket pass for his production due to his playing with crap and behind crap, then we can easily afford to do the same for Keenum.

Yup, Keenum was better than I thought. If he could have eliminated some of those pick 6's who know what could have happened with the Rams season. . Keenum offered the Rams the best chance to win. Jeff Fisher would have to get some credit for waiting on putting Goff in games. Keenum seemed to disappear inside the pocket because he is not tall. if he had more height and a little better arm he would be a starter in the NFL.

FRO

Legend
The thing is, we really don't know what this offense truly can be. We drafted a bunch of players that played in a Air Raid-style or spread option-style offenses and asked them to play in a power run west coast system. Tavon Austin was never going to be a fit for this system. But if you bring in someone like Chip Kelly (just as an example, I'm not banging the table for him or anything) you could have a 100% better offense with the same personnel because you are more likely to use the players skill sets that got him to the NFL in the first place. The offensive coaches had no imagination when it came to allowing players to do what they did best.
I believe you have nailed why the Rams have struggled drafting offensive talent. It's just a hodge podge of players that don't fit one particular scheme together.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My only issue was case was supposed to the steady hand and not lose us games ... and he was the vet presence to manage the game and not then the ball over The D bailed him out on a couple of the wins

Anyways the year is done mercifully onward and upwards my kool aid order is in ;)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I get the point you keep trying to make :deadhorse:

But i'm not sure you are taking into account the fact Goff played with thr second team in training camp and throughout the season while Keenum rolled with the ones. Where does that fit into the evaluation of thise stats? Or is your desire to rectify the dislike for Keenum and keep beating it down our necks that won't take that into account?

When Goff was inserted as starter - the season was officially over -- remember? Fisher said as much. "We won't insert Goff until we are out of the playoffs." Remember? So when he was put in it was with less than half the season left with a Coach who officially declared the season over to try and build chemistry with guys for the first time. it's apples and apples but not really when you consider the situations each player was given under this regime.

I'm sure when Keenum ends up on another roster next year, possibly the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and Goff is leading our team to the playoffs you will be revisiting the KEENUM FILES, but until then

In the meantime Keenum is a cool dude, we wish him luck in his future endeavors and thank him for his contributions to the Rams in 2016