Goff showed me alot against Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He did. It was nullified due to a penalty on Arizona. It might not count on a stat book, but it was a pick.

My mistake. I watched the play over again. It certainly was not a "chuck and duck" play. Goff stepped into the throw knowing there was an unblocked blitzer coming straight at him. It looked to me like he and Kendricks weren't on the same page. Looked like he threw a curl while Kendricks ran an out. But it's possible it was just an inaccurate pass. Hard to tell with rookie QBs.

But if we're counting plays like that as having happened (which I'm fine with), we better also count all the plays where WRs dropped passes (like the long TD Thomas dropped) or big plays called back on silly penalties (like the long TD to Quick negated by the bogus OPI call).

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
My mistake. I watched the play over again. It certainly was not a "chuck and duck" play. Goff stepped into the throw knowing there was an unblocked blitzer coming straight at him. It looked to me like he and Kendricks weren't on the same page. Looked like he threw a curl while Kendricks ran an out. But it's possible it was just an inaccurate pass. Hard to tell with rookie QBs.

But if we're counting plays like that as having happened (which I'm fine with), we better also count all the plays where WRs dropped passes (like the long TD Thomas dropped) or big plays called back on silly penalties (like the long TD to Quick negated by the bogus OPI call).
Yeah, possibly.

I feel like most fans do, then they forget, much like that pick. Our receiving corps, TE's included, are always being called out for their mistakes, and sometimes even if it wasn't their mistake. Besides GRob, the receiving corps is the most harshly criticized group. It's like after Cook left, fans decided that the entire unit would be the new Cook. Other players on other teams make mistakes too. The Rams aren't the only team whose WR's drop passes.

I don't think Goff is a bad QB, one its way too early, and two the entire offense is bad right now. I am cautious though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, possibly.

I feel like most fans do, then they forget, much like that pick. Our receiving corps, TE's included, are always being called out for their mistakes, and sometimes even if it wasn't their mistake. Besides GRob, the receiving corps is the most harshly criticized group. It's like after Cook left, fans decided that the entire unit would be the new Cook. Other players on other teams make mistakes too. The Rams aren't the only team whose WR's drop passes.

I don't think Goff is a bad QB, one its way too early, and two the entire offense is bad right now. I am cautious though.

Our receivers have earned the criticism. They were 8th worst in the NFL this year in drop percentage. And the amount of bad, lazy, and incorrect routes were staggering. I am certainly willing to lay some blame on the scheme. But the WRs deserve plenty of it too.

The entire offense was bad this year. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. Everybody got drug down into suckitude, except Britt.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Our receivers have earned the criticism. They were 8th worst in the NFL this year in drop percentage. And the amount of bad, lazy, and incorrect routes were staggering. I am certainly willing to lay some blame on the scheme. But the WRs deserve plenty of it too.

The entire offense was bad this year. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. Everybody got drug down into suckitude, except Britt.
I'm not arguing that our receivers are bad, I know they're bad, everyone knows that they are bad. That's why I'm concerned about Britt leaving, I don't think we should spend big on him, but there is nothing after him in terms of production on the team. And there's no guarantee that we get a solid replacement or what we should look for, and upgrade.

I saw that stat earlier on dropped passes and %, and sadly despite being 8th in % and 11th for drops we're 31st in passing yards. I guess other teams make due with drops and we don't. But hey, we're better at passing than last year by 9 ypg, yes. We also avg. 95 ypg through the last 3 games of the season. Scheme, and WR yes, but no QB?

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But people do though all throughout the season I heard about the throw to Cooper that was dropped to show off how NFL ready he is. Basically everything negative that Goff does it comes with an asterisk which is cool but right now what could have been are all we have from Goff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not arguing that our receivers are bad, I know they're bad, everyone knows that they are bad. That's why I'm concerned about Britt leaving, I don't think we should spend big on him, but there is nothing after him in terms of production on the team. And there's no guarantee that we get a solid replacement or what we should look for, and upgrade.

I saw that stat earlier on dropped passes and %, and sadly despite being 8th in % and 11th for drops we're 31st in passing yards. I guess other teams make due with drops and we don't. But hey, we're better at passing than last year by 9 ypg, yes. We also avg. 95 ypg through the last 3 games of the season. Scheme, and WR yes, but no QB?

Other teams have more margin for error.

I'm not interested in spending my off-season defending Goff. People know where I stand. I'll just sit back and keep an eye on the coaching search. Nothing is going to change regarding Goff between now and next September.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Other teams have more margin for error.

I'm not interested in spending my off-season defending Goff. People know where I stand. I'll just sit back and keep an eye on the coaching search. Nothing is going to change regarding Goff between now and next September.
Agreed

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff didn't throw an interception against Arizona

He did. It was nullified due to a penalty on Arizona. It might not count on a stat book, but it was a pick.
Glad we have this settled out...

It goes to my chuck and duck analogy...Looked like he just threw it out there, regardless of the outcome. Too early in the game to be doing that too. IMO, of course...LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

And we weren't talking about drops...we were talking about pressure...there was none...it was perceived..in fact, he wasn't even hit....

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Glad we have this settled out...

It goes to my chuck and duck analogy...Looked like he just threw it out there, regardless of the outcome. Too early in the game to be doing that too. IMO, of course...LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

And we weren't talking about drops...we were talking about pressure...there was none...it was perceived..in fact, he wasn't even hit....
He was hit. I don't think he was under a lot of pressure. But Goff got blasted, helmet right into the chest. That's what caused the penalty.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
15875265_10208849733583467_7438497322339713050_o.jpg