Goff a long way from playing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KayJay

Starter
If Goff doesn't start a single game this season, and we end up 7-9 or worse, there is no way we extend Fisher. I don't see it, I can't. That means we will have thrown a season away for nothing. The good news for Fisher is, the NFL is terrible right now so we could still end up making the playoffs at 8-8, I believe Fisher would get extended if that were to happen. I don't think any of us want that, but it could happen. All and all, Fisher is on borrowed time. To appeal to the public you have to give LA fans an excuse to lose, Keenum doesn't offer that; Goff does. I still feel that Goff will start in Carolina. Fisher will feel his seat get hot and make a snap decision to save his job.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't know what's more sad. The fact that these media people with 'inside info' are speculating and getting these reports thrown as facts or that our fans are starting to believe them.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't know what's more sad. The fact that these media people with 'inside info' are speculating and getting these reports thrown as facts or that our fans are starting to believe them.

Goes back to what I was saying. It's the chicken little complex. One person screams the sky is falling and all of the uninformed idiots follow suit. No offense guys.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Goes back to what I was saying. It's the chicken little complex. One person screams the sky is falling and all of the uninformed idiots follow suit. No offense guys.
I agree. The narrative has been 'fire fisher!'
Anything to fuel that fire.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Oh please. I know when a blitz is coming from my TV. What a load of bologna.

Just leave Goff on the bench. I'm enjoying watching Fisher come up with excuses every week on why Keenum is still starting. It's become a comedy show to me now.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I think it's Misdirection. If they say that Goff is doing amazing and is very close to starting following the bye, opposing teams will begin to game plan against Goff and see what they can do to take advantage of him. Saying he's a long way away from playing will surprise a lot of teams especially Carolina if he does indeed become the starter next Sunday.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
What if I told you that Fisher is liking what Goff is doing in practice and is thinking about making him the starter against Carolina but we all know Fisher is known to say one thing but do the exact opposite. I'm thinking he told Goff that he's going to tell the media that he's far from ready to play to catch opposing teams off guard when in reality he's getting first team reps to prepare to start against the panthers following the bye.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not buying any of it. Either way it goes when Goff finally sees the field, either lighting it up or stinking it up, Fisher is going to get blasted for waiting to long to start him or failing in his evaluation. Either way, Fisher is in a "no win" situation.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm not buying any of it. Either way it goes when Goff finally sees the field, either lighting it up or stinking it up, Fisher is going to get blasted for waiting to long to start him or failing in his evaluation. Either way, Fisher is in a "no win" situation.

... of his own making.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Gotta take these reports with a grain of salt...

The only thing we know as fact is that he is not playing.

Why? Only a few guys know... and they don't work for BR.

The mere fact is isn't playing is concerning, though.

They don't work for BR

+++1

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I'm hearing mixed things all over the place. I don't know what to believe anymore. Furthermore the blitz crap, so that means 5 other rookies have mastered it? Sounds like a bunch of horse sh*t to me. Start the man.

He came from a system where he stood at the line of scrimmage and looked to the sideline for the play call....it's not that hard to understand

This is what you get with Air Raid QB's

He played in a High School offense

Doesn't mean he can't learn the offense but he hasn't yet.

I believe that he can get there. He has physical tools and I think the kid is intelligent.

Takes time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He came from a system where he stood at the line of scrimmage and looked to the sideline for the play call....it's not that hard to understand

This is what you get with Air Raid QB's

He played in a High School offense

Doesn't mean he can't learn the offense but he hasn't yet.

I believe that he can get there. He has physical tools and I think the kid is intelligent.

Takes time.

That's a bit of an oversimplification.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Curious, did Manning or Aikman have the blitz calls down pat before they started? Think Manning threw 20+ pics and Aikman won only 1 game his first season. We all know it wont be perfect. BTW-hows Case performing knowing all the calls-last in the league!!

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Fisher keeps stressing how far Goff is from playing, yet dresses him, making him 1 injury away from playing? Dont get it.