Goff a long way from playing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's hope this is just click bait fluff - but here it is ....

View: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2671794-insider-buzz-jared-goff-is-a-long-way-from-playing-development-moving-slowly

With Case Keenum throwing four interceptions in the Los Angeles Rams17-10 loss to the New York Giants in London on Sunday, many are calling for #1 overall pick Jared Goff to finally make his long awaited debut as starting Quarterback.

Will we see Goff start anytime soon? What is keeping him on the bench at this point? When can we expect to see the California product make his debut?

Watch in the video above as Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Cole discusses.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't watch videos on my computer at work. What's being said?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't watch videos on my computer at work. What's being said?

That he is having trouble changing things up at the LOS and picking up blitz calls - that until he gets that down, he is staying on the bench.

My question is - if this is true - why make him the #2?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That he is having trouble changing things up at the LOS and picking up blitz calls - that until he gets that down, he is staying on the bench.

My question is - if this is true - why make him the #2?
If that is truly the case, then what little faith I have left in this coaching staff is gone.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also makes me wonder how and why this leaked now ....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta take these reports with a grain of salt...

The only thing we know as fact is that he is not playing.

Why? Only a few guys know... and they don't work for BR.

The mere fact is isn't playing is concerning, though.

MountainRam

Rookie
Another leak in the series of "You think I am going to start Goff now and get fired this season?" show. Original Fisher Production.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
When has BR had the scope on anything? I don't believe this guy knows as much about it as most of the ROD community.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
If true, its a colossal failure throughout the organization; talent evaluation, scouting, coaching all must go!! Thats how big of a decision this is. Especially with other rookies flourishing.

KayJay

Starter
I'm hearing mixed things all over the place. I don't know what to believe anymore. Furthermore the blitz shit, so that means 5 other rookies have mastered it? Sounds like a bunch of horse sh*t to me. Start the man.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
And the only reason articles like this exist is because some of you eat this garbage up. Please stop.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think this is all speculation, however, there may be some truth to it. If Goff really had it down to the point of it being 2nd nature, Keenum would be sitting. If all things equal as far as understanding the offense goes, Keenum couldn't hold a candle to Goff's arm talent.

The point of Fisher being on the hotseat is probably speculation as well. If Fisher was worried, he'd probably start Goff to buy himself some time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Drivel. Those guys don't know any more than any of us do.

Fisher IMO is trying, in his mind, to ensure Goff doesn't get killed while he transitions to this league. It's about the protections. By now the kid has to have a good handle on that or relatively close, so they're going to use the bye week to test him in practice and see how he does.