Goff a long way from playing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if the rams offense plays the same way with goff under center i may neck myself.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's going to be really fun to see Goff audible to Quick....LOL...I guarantee it'll work!!!

wmc540

Pro Bowler
It's going to be really fun to see Goff audible to Quick....LOL...I guarantee it'll work!!!

Actually, this is further proof Goff would have won the game. Goff and Quick would have both accidentally been on the same page ha.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Probably not, at least not at first. I really do believe that the three inch height difference, and Goff's quicker decision making/release would make the existing play calling look good - don't think that's the issue, these endless speculative discussions notwithstanding.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably not, at least not at first. I really do believe that the three inch height difference, and Goff's quicker decision making/release would make the existing play calling look good - don't think that's the issue, these endless speculative discussions notwithstanding.

Exactly. The approach might not be different, but I bet you that we'd make much more use of the intermediate passing game and the middle of the field with Goff at QB.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
So the bulk of pundits are willing to support the QB that throws a jump ball to the shortest player on the field between a double team? SMH

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Gotta take these reports with a grain of salt...

The only thing we know as fact is that he is not playing.

Why? Only a few guys know... and they don't work for BR.

The mere fact is isn't playing is concerning, though.

Nah, relax. Goff not playing isn't anything one way or the other.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think they definitely would.
In what way? I would think a defensive coordinator would do everything in his power to generate pressure and rattle his cage.
I seriously doubt they plan against getting torched by him in his first game.
They all still have the book on our receivers and much of our offensive plays, after all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In what way? I would think a defensive coordinator would do everything in his power to generate pressure and rattle his cage.
I seriously doubt they plan against getting torched by him in his first game.
They all still have the book on our receivers and much of our offensive plays, after all.

That's where they'd differ. They'll look to overload Goff's mind with a lot of pre-snap movement, disguised coverage, and blitzes. Case is 28 or so years old and has been in the NFL for five years. They'll come after Case with blitzes. They'll use disguised coverages. But he's seen enough of it that they're not going to try and do it for the sake of doing it. They'll do that to Goff to try and confuse him. And I bet they'll blitz more often. Frankly, they should blitz Case more often because he doesn't handle it well.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Goff's pocket awareness and quick feet will help him with pressure. He was pressured a lot in college and still made plays. He should be solid from the get go if he's been working hard, learning from the sideline. Can't wait to see him play.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Jason Cole? That guy makes up basically the dumbest stuff ever just to get clicks. Not once have I seen one of his "buzz rumors" to actually be true. In fact it's usually the opposite.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't get the sense Fisher caves under pressure. Do you?

I can't go with Fisher starting a game with an unprepared rookie and a punter as his backups when CK could be one hit away from a game or season ending injury. Not when he has Mannion ready to play. And then what the next week? Start Mannion or double down on his lie and humiliate the kid, Rams, and himself?

I'm going with Fisher's proclamation that Goff is ready to start while actually suiting him up over an anonymous "leak." Not because I believe anything Fisher says, but because if Goff went in and was destroyed and humiliated, Fisher would have had no cover.

If Goff doesn't start, I expect CK to be on a very very short leash. JMHO.

I don't think Mannion is any further ahead of Goff.. Goff is by a wide margin the most talented QB we have.. I think that Keenum knows the offense enough, plus has enough physical talent to keep him at #1, but I don't think that Mannion has the physical talent or the playbook understanding to justify playing him over Goff. Even if he knows the playbook and NFL defenses better, he doesn't have the talent.. So Goff would start over him with a reduced offense.

Which is why I can't figure out if it's pressure or not or what's going on. If the idea is that Goff is one snap away, then play him with a reduced/simplified offense until he figures it out. A simplified playbook may help, because right now our playbook is apparently 30 seconds of calling the play which happens to be a run up the gut. It's overly complex for no reason. Just play the damn kid.