Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo: I’m not a magician

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Then what does that make Romo?

Ah, that's cute. Romo is #4 of ALL TIME in touchdown/interception ratio. You know where Eli is? #43. Romo was #2 last season, along the the BEST QBR and yards per attempt. Good try though. ;)
Screenshot_2015-05-12-18-32-40-1.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I don't get all the animosity for Spags, he was a pretty bad coach yeah, but definitely not the worst we've had. Hell he's not even the worst of that decade.

Why he gets so much play around here is beyond me really.
Who was worse?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ah, that's cute. Romo is #4 of ALL TIME in touchdown/interception ratio. You know where Eli is? #43. Romo was #2 last season, along the the BEST QBR and yards per attempt. Good try though. ;)View attachment 6308

And, uh...how many rings again? With loaded Dallas teams? With loaded Dallas teams that everyone was saying are going to win the Super Bowl?

Sorry, dude. Until Romo can win a ring, I'm not buying what you're selling. :p

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Who was worse?
Linehan, hands down. At least Spags was semi respected.

Linehan was getting into nationally televised spats with Holt, Bruce and Jackson on the sidelines while the rest of the team looked on in disinterest. I've yet to see a man lose a team as completely as Linehan lost the Rams.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
And, uh...how many rings again? With loaded Dallas teams? With loaded Dallas teams that everyone was saying are going to win the Super Bowl?

Sorry, dude. Until Romo can win a ring, I'm not buying what you're selling. :p
Oh, my bad. I forgot that QB is the only position on the team. My mistake.

MrMotes

Starter
Who was worse?

I suppose it's the age old debate between Linehan and Spags. They both were horrible losers who failed to build the roster.

But in the end, Spags had a worse record and disrespected Rams' tradition in the process which makes him clearly the worst in my book...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
If Romo is so good, then why isn't he giving me 10000 dollars right now.

Checkmate bro.
He said that pussy ain't worth $10,000. You better start doing kegel exercises.:mustache::mustache::effemine:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Oh, my bad. I forgot that QB is the only position on the team. My mistake.

No, it isn't, but it's a very important position. Remember what happened when you put the ball in Romo's hands when you needed a playoff berth? Remember how he threw picks at the most inopportune times?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I suppose it's the age old debate between Linehan and Spags. They both were horrible losers who failed to build the roster.

But in the end, Spags had a worse record and disrespected Rams' tradition in the process which makes him clearly the worst in my book...
I think you have to give it to Linehan.

He lost his team, disrespected future hall of famers and the leaders of our team, shat all over everything and left the horrible team that helped Spags go on to have a worse record.

A lot worse in my mind than being bad and being mean to an equipment manager.

Alan

Legend
Everybody was saying the same thing about Peyton until he won the big one. Romo is a very good QB.

The Cowgirls still suck though. Just sayin'.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
No, it isn't, but it's a very important position. Remember what happened when you put the ball in Romo's hands when you needed a playoff berth? Remember how he threw picks at the most inopportune times?
Yeah, Romo's a choker. I heard Stephen A. Smith say it, so it must be true.:jerkoff:

Memento

Name
Jemma
For every 1 example you could come up with, I could give you 10 examples of when Romo led a 4th quarter comeback, or came through in the clutch. But that doesn't fit your agenda, so let's just forget about all that. Romo's a choker, blah blah blah.

You're a Dallas fan. Aren't rings the bottom line for you guys? Romo has none. He's gotten nowhere with really, really good teams surrounding him.

And I do so hate the word "agenda." It makes it seem like politics. This is football. Leave the politics to the senators; we'll be talking smack here and seeing if our teams can back it up. ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you have to give it to Linehan.

He lost his team, disrespected future hall of famers and the leaders of our team, shat all over everything and left the horrible team that helped Spags go on to have a worse record.

A lot worse in my mind than being bad and being mean to an equipment manager.
Are we really debating who was worse... Linehan or Spagnuolo?

Man, I can't wait for TC!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Linehan, hands down. At least Spags was semi respected.

Linehan was getting into nationally televised spats with Holt, Bruce and Jackson on the sidelines while the rest of the team looked on in disinterest. I've yet to see a man lose a team as completely as Linehan lost the Rams.
I dont know about that. I think the Rams quit on Spags after he quit on the team vs the Giants. I didnt feel they played hard to save their coach.
Linehan was terrible, but his worst season (3 wins) equalled Spags worst 2 seasons combined (1 win +2 win) and in his first season Bulger and SJax had their best seasons of their careers.
And post Rams career, Linehan has certainly proved credible while we'll see on Spags, his disaster in New Orleans doesnt help the cause

MrMotes

Starter
I dont know about that. I think the Rams quit on Spags after he quit on the team vs the Giants. I didnt feel they played hard to save their coach.
Linehan was terrible, but his worst season (3 wins) equalled Spags worst 2 seasons combined (1 win +2 win) and in his first season Bulger and SJax had their best seasons of their careers.
And post Rams career, Linehan has certainly proved credible while we'll see on Spags, his disaster in New Orleans doesnt help the cause

All good points, and i really think you can make a case either way, kind of a Coke or Pepsi situation. BTW, i think Linehan went 8 wins, 3 wins, 2 wins, in his 3 years, though he didn't finish out his last year.

It wasn't just Todd Hewitt, Spags fired several long time employees, took down pictures, didn't welcome former players into the process, disrespecting Rams history. He was the losingest coach in Rams history. And there was that punt. So for me he was the worst, truly despicable (not a s a person of course) as a HC...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All good points, and i really think you can make a case either way, kind of a Coke or Pepsi situation. BTW, i think Linehan went 8 wins, 3 wins, 2 wins, in his 3 years, though he didn't finish out his last year.

It wasn't just Todd Hewitt, Spags fired several long time employees, took down pictures, didn't welcome former players into the process, disrespecting Rams history. He was the losingest coach in Rams history. And there was that punt. So for me he was the worst, truly despicable (not a s a person of course) as a HC...
I think we get how you feel.
:sneaky:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't think it's really fair to compare wins in that situation, because look at what they were left.

Linehan was left remnants from the GSOT, Spags was left Linehan's team. So that speaks worse on the shit show he left for Spags. It's no coincidence that after those great seasons everything started falling apart for Bulger and SJax under the guy.