GDT: Jets at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Absolutely clueless, brainless playcalling on our last 2 downs(3rd and 4th). Stupifying really. Was everyone running 15 to 20 yard routes when we needed 4 yards? Two calls in a row?

I feel like putting my head thru a wall.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Replying to chill...So those were good decisions that didnt lose this game....thanks for the reality check

You can bash Goff all you want. He deserves some bashing right now. But at the end of the day, McVay is the one who wanted him to throw those two passes on 3rd and 4th down. It's easier to blame Goff than McVay. That INT in the first half was on Goff. 3rd and 4th down were on McVay.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Replying to chill...So those were good decisions that didnt lose this game....thanks for the reality check

No, they were bad decisions but to put this loss entirely on Goff is ludicrous. And Goff didn't call those plays McVay did so he is more to blame than anyone for this display. It seems that some people can't wait to lay all the blame for a poor display at Goff's feet.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Cmon man. Don’t tell me that 2 plays in a row were designed to throw a deep ball on 3rd and 4.
Goff made a terrible decision, not once but twice. I can’t get behind him anymore. He’s not very good.
One careless flip int and there should’ve been another. Good QB’s don’t do it.
Couldn't agree more. We have two of the best short/mid yard possession receivers in the NFL and that's what McVay draws up. Just doesn't make sense. I thought the block in the back call was pretty weak too given he was already engaged. That was a huge call

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
You can bash Goff all you want. He deserves some bashing right now. But at the end of the day, McVay is the one who wanted him to throw those two passes on 3rd and 4th down. It's easier to blame Goff than McVay. That INT in the first half was on Goff. 3rd and 4th down were on McVay.

Been saying in the other thread. Hope people realize this.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
No, they were bad decisions but to put this loss entirely on Goff is ludicrous. And Goff didn't call those plays McVay did so he is more to blame than anyone for this display. It seems that some people can't wait to lay all the blame for a poor display at Goff's feet.
This is a Team loss,jmho.

Marc Spector

Rookie
in my mind only Robert Woods, Cam Akers and Matt gay showed up today. Nobody else played above their station and it showed.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd and 4
Throw a low % pass to your RB 20 yards down the sideline

4th and 4
Throw a low % pass to your TE 30 yards downfield
If you're going to go that way at least target your two best receivers.

Mindboggling playcalling in that situation. Just get the 4 yards. Get the first down. Fucks sake, I'd rather see Goff tuck, run and fuck it up than throwing to a couple guys deep downfield who weren't even open when all ya needed was 4 yards. Four yards.

That’s on Goff. No way McVay called that as a primary receiver. There were other options
Neither guy was open
Goff tried to be a hero and hasn’t completed a pass over 20 yards in forever. The fuckin Jets for gods sake. Hags 40-3 in NY tells you the Rams weren’t serious today

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mcvay is probably not calling those long throws on 3 and 4 th and 4. Goff is again not taking what the defense is giving. Just mind boggling that he keeps doing this
Well that can’t be true .... because when goff had a great game it’s because of mcvay but when we lose it’s goff .... I mean you goff sucks guys have really gotta get your agenda sorted

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Absolutely clueless, brainless playcalling on our last 2 downs(3rd and 4th). Stupifying really. Was everyone running 15 to 20 yard routes when we needed 4 yards? Two calls in a row?

I feel like putting my head thru a wall.
Yeah, what he just said! Absolutely horrible play calling when we were in FG position and had two downs to get four yards.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet he's not too far off the mark. Under Goff/McVay, we always seem to struggle with two minute, come from behind, or game clinching drives. We've had some, obviously - the Jets just had one on us - but more often than not, we settle for a FG late (Bucs game), don't get there at all (today and Niners game), or can't get a first down to run out the clock (Vikings and Chiefs and second Seahawks games from 2018 come to mind, but there are others - Cowboys this year).

Obviously McVays good outweighs the bad, but it's been a flaw this far.
And yet under goffs and mcvay we haven’t had a losing season and made a super bowl ... yea we lay some eggs ... but fuck me I’ll take a winning season every year with some eggs .. than the joys of spags linehan fisher years

MachS

Hall of Fame

So both of those plays had 1 receiving option? Fuck outa here. It was a bad decision or he didnt go through his progression and take an underneath route. People are acting like on both of those plays he only had 1 place to throw the ball LMFAO

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

I dont think mcvay told him to go long because hes smarter than goff but if he did TWICE on 3rd and 4th and 4 while being in long range FG range then mcvay has the blame.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Well that can’t be true .... because when goff had a great game it’s because of mcvay but when we lose it’s goff .... I mean you goff sucks guys have really gotta get your agenda sorted

If mcvay told him to go long, TWICE, which i doubt then its on mcvay even thought goff made two bad throws, but im guessing goff made the BAD decisions to go where he did and thats on him. Like many im not a goff sucks guy. Im a goff needs to get his shit together guy.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
f

If mcvay told him to go long, TWICE, which i doubt then its on mcvay even thought goff made two bad throws, but im guessing goff made the BAD decisions to go where he did and thats on him. Like many im not a goff sucks guy. Im a goff needs to get his shit together guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think mcvay told him to go long because hes smarter than goff but if he did TWICE on 3rd and 4th and 4 while being in long range FG range then mcvay has the blame.

Yes, he did. The 3rd and 4 was a HB wheel rub design. That was quite literally play that McVay drew up. Watch Reynolds. He's setting a pick, not running a route. The 4th down play is impossible to know, but something tells me that Goff immediately looking to Everett on a one on one matchup was the design of that play. It looked identical to the play that won us the Chiefs game. Goff isn't the type to go rogue. And it wasn't like the coverage fooled him. It was exactly the matchup the play wanted.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Yes, he did. The 3rd and 4 was a HB wheel rub design. That was quite literally play that McVay drew up. Watch Reynolds. He's setting a pick, not running a route. The 4th down play is impossible to know, but something tells me that Goff immediately looking to Everett on a one on one matchup was the design of that play. It looked identical to the play that won us the Chiefs game. Goff isn't the type to go rogue. And it wasn't like the coverage fooled him. It was exactly the matchup the play wanted.

^^^^
This!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Couldn't agree more. We have two of the best short/mid yard possession receivers in the NFL and that's what McVay draws up. Just doesn't make sense. I thought the block in the back call was pretty weak too given he was already engaged. That was a huge call
This quoted the wrong thing. I was agreeing with Mojo about the play calling, not bashing Goff.