GDT: Jets at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
The same way he explains everything. With the same bullshit response. He should be embarrassed.
This is like the Biggest upset all season,hopefully we redeem are self and beat the living Shit out of the Hags.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just don't think McVay or Goff are the answers. You do not lose to one of the worst teams in years. This team is the most inconsistent I've ever seen. That's all on coaching and up and down QB play. Sick of it.
And winner of biggest overreaction post of the day goes to....

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm still sitting here befuddled to have not won that in the end or at least tied it up. Ball on the 40 and near FG range and we somehow got nothing out of it? Seriously, 2 runs up the middle probably gets you the first down. 2 screens gets it. A quick slant gets it. And you know the benefit of actually getting the first down on a a short pass (outside of the obvious first down), you get to run the clock.

I will never understand the long ball called on back to back plays on 3rd and 4th down in the most crucial moments of the game. Have to start to question the genius status McVay is given. Us nerds on a computer talking in a Rams forum knew that was an awful idea, no matter what.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is all on McVay:. How many times have we seen him throw the bubble screen on third and long but throw the bomb on third and short? Stupid. Why not run it twice there if you know you're going to go for it on fourth down?

I had that same thought. But Kupp is always money in those situations too and we targeted Akers out of the backfield - with a safety over top. Either a throw away or the dumbest decision Goff's ever made - and the our second TE deep - so fucking stupid

Montanaramfan

Rookie
This one is 100% on McVay
Yep. And you know what he'll say in the press conference. "We came out flat. This one's on me. I have to do a better job of getting the guys up for these type of games." Yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. Life goes on until he has to say it again in three weeks because we can't win three games in a row. Then our season will be done. Will he ever learn to run a trips rub route combo on third and short?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mcvay is probably not calling those long throws on 3 and 4 th and 4. Goff is again not taking what the defense is giving. Just mind boggling that he keeps doing this

McVay 100% called the HB wheel route on 3rd down. That was the designed play. On 4th down, we can chastise Goff for throwing it, but that was what McVay wanted, a one on one to Everett. I have no fucking clue what he was thinking. Design a play to get a quick throw to Kupp or Woods. He called a fucking terrible game, our OL blocked like shit, Goff played like shit, and the defense sucked ass. What a pathetic display on all fronts.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
When's the draft? I'll spare myself the heartache of watching the playoffs, if they would make it in. Later guys. See you all next year

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Dont care what anyone says this is another game lost by stupid stupid decisions by goof.

Replying to chill...So those were good decisions that didnt lose this game....thanks for the reality check

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay had a good year and made the playoffs where he lost at home to the Falcons. Then had a really good year and went to the SB where he crapped the bed. Last year 9-7 and no playoffs. This year losing to an 0-13 team at home. His offense isn't consistent. And neither is Goff.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
3rd and 4
Throw a low % pass to your RB 20 yards down the sideline

4th and 4
Throw a low % pass to your TE 30 yards downfield
If you're going to go that way at least target your two best receivers.

Mindboggling playcalling in that situation. Just get the 4 yards. Get the first down. Fucks sake, I'd rather see Goff tuck, run and fuck it up than throwing to a couple guys deep downfield who weren't even open when all ya needed was 4 yards. Four yards.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s wasn’t one Goff. The play call was moronic and that’s on McVay.

Cmon man. Don’t tell me that 2 plays in a row were designed to throw a deep ball on 3rd and 4.
Goff made a terrible decision, not once but twice. I can’t get behind him anymore. He’s not very good.
One careless flip int and there should’ve been another. Good QB’s don’t do it.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Man I never ever like getting negative on game day but this Sucked Big Time.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
McVay 100% called the HB wheel route on 3rd down. That was the designed play. On 4th down, we can chastise Goff for throwing it, but that was what McVay wanted, a one on one to Everett. I have no fucking clue what he was thinking. Design a play to get a quick throw to Kupp or Woods. He called a fucking terrible game, our OL blocked like shit, Goff played like shit, and the defense sucked ass. What a pathetic display on all fronts.

How about simple rub route combo out of tight bunch on third and short instead of going up over the top? He does that all the damn time.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And yet he's not too far off the mark. Under Goff/McVay, we always seem to struggle with two minute, come from behind, or game clinching drives. We've had some, obviously - the Jets just had one on us - but more often than not, we settle for a FG late (Bucs game), don't get there at all (today and Niners game), or can't get a first down to run out the clock (Vikings and Chiefs and second Seahawks games from 2018 come to mind, but there are others - Cowboys this year).

Obviously McVays good outweighs the bad, but it's been a flaw this far.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Be good to each other guys, not a one of us is happy and the players gonna take their beemers home to an uber eats delivery of maestro's