Free agent signing thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Get on that Wisniewski signing Rams. He will be off the market quickly. Don't let all this Bradford trade stuff get in the way.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Question... Are the Rams going after DeMarco Murray?

Just heard NFL Live say a new team is in the mix and the Rams just cleared a boatload of room...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would think that Philly has to acquire a good player at some point during this offseason.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Update:

Free agent CB Darrelle Revis‘ representatives have told teams that they have a three-year, $48 million offer on the table now, including $40 million guaranteed, per Jason La Canfora.

• La Canfora adds that “his sense” is that the offer is from the Jets.
  • La Canfora also reports that New England offered guaranteed money in “the mid-30s” and that the Chiefs are in the bidding as well.
This report does not mention the Packers, Steelers or Bills, who were mentioned as teams in the running by Jason Cole.

There does seem to be a growing sense that Revis will sign with the Jets, but there is a long way to go in this one.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers have agreed to terms with WR Torrey Smith on a five-year contract.

• Pro Football Talk reports that Smith will receive $40 million over the course of five years with $22 million guaranteed.
Smith, 25, caught 49 passes for 767 yards and a career best 11 touchdowns. His yardage totals are done from last year when posted 65 receptions for 1,128 yards receiving. Pro Football Focus has Smith rated as the No. 37 receiver out of 110 qualifying players.

We had him listed as the No. 37 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.

Niners really overpaid for Smith. No way he's worth $8M per. He's pretty much a one trick pony

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Reported Raiders making move for Murray which is dumb because they have a younger just as good version in Latavius Murray (LaDanian Tomlinson agrees with this sentiment) LM IS A BEAST.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I LOVE Suh going to Miami.

I want that first Suh sack of Brady to be so violent it registers on the Richter Scale...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Indy v Rams in the SB.

The Rosenbloom Bowl!

I'd love it!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Reported Raiders making move for Murray which is dumb because they have a younger just as good version in Latavius Murray (LaDanian Tomlinson agrees with this sentiment) LM IS A BEAST.

By the way that's an absolutely CLASSIC Raider's move aint it? Ignore young potential in favour of older, high mileage, injury prone Vet who eats up about 10 times the cap room?? So funny to see them never learn.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
image.jpg
How I feel about free agency and all of the trades so far.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
who's left of quality on the Dline. the whole point of the Rams potent Dline was depth. now what depth? what if Donald of Quinn goes down? the cap space got freed up too late. that money should've gone earlier to the tope linemen on both sides of the line

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@nwagoner: One name to keep an eye on for Rams: LB Akeem Ayers.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Akeem Ayers would be a nice addition, he turned it around with the Patriots last season.