Free agent signing thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Max Unger and a 1st is pretty steep but damn - what is Graham's contract looking like? hopefully this fucks their cap up

He stands to make base salaries of $2.9 million (2015), $8.9 million (2016), and $7.9 million (2017) over the remaining three years of the agreement.

According to OverTheCap.com, trading Graham would free up $2 million in available cap space while creating $9 million in dead money.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
NBD, Jimmy Graham is a (insert woman's body part here). Shove him around and he folds.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
the Rams were able to shut him down but still he is a damn good player and has a cap friendly contract

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rams tried to do a deal with Sam, he refused, what are you gonna do? I will miss Sam's unrealized talent. I welcome Foles, and hope he thrives here.

What is weird for me, is that I wanted Sam, with Sanchez backing him up, and now, Chip has that. Just weird. Gonna take me a moment. I also would have been happy with Foles competing with Sam.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers have agreed to terms with WR Torrey Smith on a five-year contract.

• Pro Football Talk reports that Smith will receive $40 million over the course of five years with $22 million guaranteed.
Smith, 25, caught 49 passes for 767 yards and a career best 11 touchdowns. His yardage totals are done from last year when posted 65 receptions for 1,128 yards receiving. Pro Football Focus has Smith rated as the No. 37 receiver out of 110 qualifying players.

We had him listed as the No. 37 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers have agreed to terms with WR Torrey Smith on a five-year contract.

• Pro Football Talk reports that Smith will receive $40 million over the course of five years with $22 million guaranteed.
Smith, 25, caught 49 passes for 767 yards and a career best 11 touchdowns. His yardage totals are done from last year when posted 65 receptions for 1,128 yards receiving. Pro Football Focus has Smith rated as the No. 37 receiver out of 110 qualifying players.

We had him listed as the No. 37 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.

Old news.. but thank you :cool:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@nwagoner: In other news, from @caplannfl and I: Rams re-signing TE Lance Kendricks on a four year deal worth in neighborhood of $18.5 million.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Now that we've got the cap space they need to re-sign Barksdale, sign Wisniewski and Blalock. You'd have your bases covered for offensive line starters and would be able to take the best player regardless of position at number 10.