Free Agent FITS for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And it's unfair to compare him to rookie Kupp because that dood was a man among boys with respect to football IQ and simply being a professional.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i want nothing to do with ex seahawks .... .the end

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defensive players I could see some of them but I don't want a single one of those offensive players. Sorry guess it's just a difference of opinion.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Defensive players I could see some of them but I don't want a single one of those offensive players. Sorry guess it's just a difference of opinion.

I agree. Maybe we resign Watkins but our focus has to be defense this offseason. We need players at all three levels of the D while offense just needs some depth.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't see us adding a TE. Everett has shown a lot of flashes. I see him being a big part of the offense next year. Davante Adams re-signed with the Packers. I'd add WR Paul Richardson in his place. Robinson would be a nice addition. A few others on offense:
C Weston Richburg
C Ryan Jensen
C Spencer Long
HB Rex Burkhead

On defense, a few of the guys I like are:
ILB Todd Davis
OLB Aaron Lynch
ILB Nigel Bradham
ILB Preston Brown
NT Bennie Logan
NT Star Lotulelei
CB Malcolm Butler
CB Bashaud Breeland

Obviously, if we want to retain our guys, money will be tightish, so we likely won't be able to grab a top FA.
Good group! My top four favorites are:

Center- Spencer Long- would be a long term solution to our center post for Goff.Plus he can start @ both OG posts.
ER- Aaron Lynch -would offset the loss of Conner Barwin & the cut of Rob Quinn.
ILB -Todd Davis- Is a better fit with Ogletree & fills the vacancy of the cut of Mark Barron
NT- Star Lotulelei - would move to the top of the rotation with other NT's Qmarius Bryant & Ethan Westbrooks.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Graham would be unstoppable if we signed him. So many throws Goff could make that Wilson never could, would have Graham back to like he was with the Saints. Problem is money. I don't see him being in our budget.

I'd like to see Burton from the Eagles come aboard. Future star. Excellent possession TEWR that would put Goff over the top.

I am willing to give our young TE's some time, but man are they frustrating with the constant drops. One week it's Everett stinking up the joint vs the Niners, the next week Higbee drops a critical TD.

We must sign a center unless we resign Sullivan!!

I too love Burton but I wonder how much money he will get? Higbee has been pretty disappointing as a receiver, he drops too many passes. Hopefully everything will click for Higbee and Everett next season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I just can't see us spending any money on offensive skill players next year except resigning our own (see Malcolm Brown and yes, even Watkins - if the contract is right). Perhaps there's a good backup tackle that we could bring in for cheap for offensive line depth but that's about it.

I have to assume we'll try hard to resign our own defensive guys and when we're unable to sign them, pick up some other guys from FA.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Kyle Williams from the bills ? Good run stopper in the middle

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Good group! My top four favorites are:

Center- Spencer Long- would be a long term solution to our center post for Goff.Plus he can start @ both OG posts.
ILB -Todd Davis- Is a better fit with Ogletree & fills the vacancy of the cut of Mark Barron
NT- Star Lotulelei - would move to the top of the rotation with other NT's Qmarius Bryant & Ethan Westbrooks.

We'll see about the OL. I think Blythe might be the guy.

I wouldn't let Lynch visit the building let alone play for the Rams. We don't need that kind of crazy. And not funny crazy.

Todd Davis would be a possible home run and much cheaper than Barron. As much as I like Barron, I don't see how we afford him. We're spending way too much on LBs, but it's a bridge year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With Hemingway returning from IR, ... just can't see the Rams investing in another TE with so much young talent in play for 2018. I wait at least a year at this position with what's already on the roster.

Todd Davis was with Wade Phillips in Denver, is brutal as a run defender, and isn't that what a lot of us are seeking ? His coverage skills are lacking, but that is also true for Littleton, so look for better rotation management with someone more adept in coverage, like Hager. I'd also pay close attention to the Colts free agent ILB'er Jon Bostic, and whether he is re-signed quickly. For 2018, I try flipping Ogletree over to Barron's spot with Littleton as back-up and have Bostic/Davis work in rotation with Hager.

While I use our top draft pick at CB, I also bring back free agent EJ Gaines to now compete with Webster for that #2 role. The added benefit is that it improves our Watkins trade value with Buffalo. jmo.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm very much intrigued by Richburg, and - especially - Star Lotulelei. I want Lotulelei on this team. He'd be a perfect nose tackle in Wade's scheme, and it wouldn't force us to look for a lesser nose tackle after Vea and Payne are inevitably off the board.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We'll see about the OL. I think Blythe might be the guy.

I wouldn't let Lynch visit the building let alone play for the Rams. We don't need that kind of crazy. And not funny crazy.

Todd Davis would be a possible home run and much cheaper than Barron. As much as I like Barron, I don't see how we afford him. We're spending way too much on LBs, but it's a bridge year.
I think Austin Blythe is a excellent find by Snead & Kromer.

If the Rams were absent of Rob Quinn, Mark Barron & Conner Barwin is LB'ers Davis or a Lynch to much on LB'ers? In truth I would prefer draft selections to be utilized to secure future starting Edge Rushers & run stuffing interior LB'ers. I prefer using a good chuck of the available cap funds 2018/2019 on securing well seasoned OL'ers.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm very much intrigued by Richburg

I'm avoiding this guy as he was IR'd following 3 weeks of concussion protocol. Something seems a bit scary about this and the Giants aren't saying much. jmo.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm avoiding this guy as he was IR'd following 3 weeks of concussion protocol. Something seems a bit scary about this and the Giants aren't saying much. jmo.

But when he plays? Man, he's a hell of a center. Hell, his injury history is less than Saffold's and Sullivan's, and nobody's complaining about them.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
But when he plays? Man, he's a hell of a center. Hell, his injury history is less than Saffold's and Sullivan's, and nobody's complaining about them.
Sure, I liked his play as well, but missing almost 12 weeks from a concussion raises some red flags with me. I'll happily stick with Sullivan/Blythe for 2018. jmo

Memento

Name
Jemma
Sure, I liked his play as well, but missing almost 12 weeks from a concussion raises some red flags with me. I'll happily stick with Sullivan/Blythe for 2018. jmo

I'm concerned about Sullivan's injury history. He was banged up in some games as well, so I'm not counting on him to remain fully healthy next year.

Spencer Long also has an injury history, and I personally believe that Richburg is better than Long, so that's my reasoning. Twelve games missed with a concussion is a concern, but if he checks out healthy? Man, I'm telling you, our offensive line is going to be brilliant. And not only that, we'll likely get Richburg at a cheaper cost for a longer term than any other center on the market because of that.

It's all about risk and reward. We risked playing Saffold during the year, and he rewarded us with an All-Pro caliber year. We took a risk on Sullivan, and he performed well. I personally believe that Richburg and Lotulelei provide enough talent that I'd be willing to risk it as a GM.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't see any of those guys as anything but depth. Throwin good money after bad IMO there Boni.

Star is probably the best player of the bunch, but even before his injury the dude played like garbage. He's all name IMO. Buyer beware.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm concerned about Sullivan's injury history. He was banged up in some games as well, so I'm not counting on him to remain fully healthy next year.

Yeah it is a risk. And what sucks is he's the best center in FA and it's not close. Think the Rams will need to sign him and also draft a C mid to late rounds and hope they hit.