Frank Cignetti just got fired.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Yeah Fisher's about done. Count me out of any significant involvement in 2016 if he's still on the Rams' payroll.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Twelve.

That's the combined touches of Gurley and Austin against the Cards. I would fire him for that alone.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Twelve.

That's the combined touches of Gurley and Austin against the Cards. I would fire him for that alone.
Well to be fair to Cigs, Fisher told him to get Foles the reps so you gotta listen to the boss. :sneaky:

But seriously, I doubt Boras will do any better, just another yesman to do everything Fisher asks.

MountainRam

Rookie
I always thought Fisher was classy. The last 2 weeks made me wake up and see how classless Fisher is. Here are the reasons why:

1. He fired his fourth coordinator in 4 years.
2. He couldn't even wait to get to press conference to announce Keenum is starting (way to throw your starting QB under the bus. A players coach).
3. Declining any and all responsibility for leaving Keenum in game while concussed
4. In 4 years, a reporter asks a tough question and he says "Kiss my ****"

Attaboy Fisher!

Athos

Legend
giphy.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't have a huge problem with this, or firing underperforming coordinators in general. I certainly had no problem with him getting rid of Walton a couple of years ago. And while Cigs was dealt a tough hand with the injuries and such, his playcalling wasn't that great and he wasn't getting our two biggest offensive threats the ball in situations where they could do something.

I have no idea what Kroenke is thinking regarding Fisher's future, but if he does stay, I hope this is the first sign indicating the JF needs to rethink his whole approach to offense.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have an idea, let's wait until we are eliminated from any possibility of a winning season and then blame the underqualified newby who was the last girl invited to the dance.

I have a formula for Boras. Gurley and Austin, all day, with a smattering of Britt, Mason, Kendricks, Cunningham and Welker who are playing better than anyone wants to credit them. 40 touches minimum for the first two and the rest for the group.

And if you ever start Foles, you should be fired on the spot.

Athos

Legend
We've turned into the Browns.

The descent is complete. Outside of a Kurt Warner savior, we are exactly like the Turds. Can't draft a QB for shit. But at least we have GSOT...

But those days move farther and farther away with each passing season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pat Kirwan nailed it on Sirius this morning: "coaches don't learn on the job in the NFL."

It's Fisher's fault for rolling the dice on the guy. But accountability had to be there and Cigs had to go. Good move, now let's see if Boras can get everyone on the same page over the remainder of the schedule.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have an idea, let's wait until we are eliminated from any possibility of a winning season and then blame the underqualified newby who was the last girl invited to the dance.

I have a formula for Boras. Gurley and Austin, all day, with a smattering of Britt, Mason, Kendricks, Cunningham and Welker who are playing better than anyone wants to credit them. 40 touches minimum for the first two and the rest for the group.

And if you ever start Foles, you should be fired on the spot.
You're giving the OC a lot more pull than I ultimately think he has.

I doubt Cigs was like, man we really need to go back to Foles.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
So who fired him? Was it Fisher alone that made the call? If it was its a kind of a punk ass move, I think he should fire himself instead.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
While I feel bad for Cignetti, I'm not at all surprised by this development.

No, I don't believe this is the "solution" but things, lots of things, need to change.

I doubt Boras will be the OC in 2016. Fisher, if he's still around in 2016, needs to cede control of the offense to a new assistant HC/OC with whom will reside the sole responsibility of the offense.

Cignetti is taking the first fall. I believe there will be others to follow. Did he deserve to get whacked? That's definitely up for argument. He was dealt a stiff blackjack hand with the dealer showing a ten. Pretty tough to win with that...

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
We even have an OC? We don't have any offence, what the he'll do we need a coordinator for?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LMAO. that's all I got
"Rams promoted Rob Boras. He is also not qualified to be an OC. He's been a TE coach since 2004. Has never called plays. A ridiculous replacement".
This was on Facebook by a Rams fan, thought I would share it.

Athos

Legend
Well....

You don't try and fix one of the shittiest offenses in the NFL for years straight by bringing in a GREEN OC with no experience in the NFL or College Ranks (Right?).

That's on Fisher. It's also on Fisher if no one worth his salt as an OC wants to work with him. Stubborn old man with too much control. This is a lateral move at best.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You're giving the OC a lot more pull than I ultimately think he has.

I doubt Cigs was like, man we really need to go back to Foles.

I'm not onboard with the whole Fisher is running the offense idea. It doesn't compute. 18 carries for Gurley in two blowout losses? That's not a Fisher offense.