Frank Cignetti just got fired.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Hmm, wasn't Boras in charge of run plays? Or was that something else I was thinking about?

Seems Jeff is scrambling to keep his job.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I was wondering when the shoe would drop. Now does upper management consider this move 'enough' (which it isn't) or do they follow through in January and filet the Fish too?

RAMBUSH

Starter
Grab yourself a second favorite team ! You guys all worry too much . The Hawks and steelers are on a roll...

Moostache

Rookie
That is like sending a guy out to whack Paulie AFTER the old man got shot!
Leave the gun, Take the Cignetti...

A little Godfather inspired gallows humor...

This is just the first shoe to drop. If Enos Stanley gives 1/10th of a damn about the play of his NFL team, this won't be the last.
Given the way the bloom is coming off the rose in Atlanta too, I would not be surprised to see Les Snead bail on this sinking ship and return to Hotlanta to try to clean up THAT mess and leave THIS one behind for the new GM to clean up next year. Fisher is officially "Dead Man Coaching". He looked defeated all last week and that game was an embarrassment Sunday.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The word scapegoat springs to mind.

A55VA6

Legend
Idk if firing Cigs will be the answer, but Tavon was still under-used, didnt use screens or texas routes with Gurley.. but not sure if Boras will be any better. We'll see I guess.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
This should fix all the problems! An in house replacement! EXTEND FISHER!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Now, all we need to do is extend Fisher and bring in Brian Hoyer to compete with Keenum for the starting job next year and the dumpster fire will be complete.

I'm too depressed to post a gif of a dumpster fire so crackle crackle...

Psycho_X

Legend
Only positive I see in doing this now with only a quarter of the season left is that we can put in a third OC this year, yes we've already fired two in 2015 technically, and see if he performs as badly. I mean, if a third OC looks as bad as the last two and the offense still stinks shouldn't the owner finally start looking at the top? How do you trust your team to a head coach who has taken three shots at OC in one year and failed at every one? At the very least if Boras sucks it send s a strong message to whoever the hell is in charge in the offseason that the status quo is NOT working. Hopefully that causes serious change to happen.

One can only hope.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If Jesus came back after 2000 years of studying football, I don't think he could even succeed with Nick Fucking Foles at QB. What a joke. I hope Fisher is next.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok.

Will Boras be any better?
I'd bet a considerable amount of money the answer is "no".

Until Jeff Fisher is relieved of his duties, the offense will continue to suffer.

Do we honestly think this conversation took place at Rams Park today?:

Fisher: "OK Rob, I had to let Frank go. The offense is all yours now. I won't get involved at all."

Rob: "Er, uh, OK coach" (looks scared)

Just my take: Cignetti is just a scapegoat... they're putting a band-aid on a gushing wound that Fisher continues to drive a knife into.