Former Denver TE Jeb Putzier No Fan of Schotty: "He's Horrible"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's a complete package thing, I think. You're probably right that he is very knowledgeable about concepts and schemes but being book smart isn't translating to everything else you need to be a successful OC. All the things being mentioned like adjustments, timing, etc., are part of it too and IMO(among others), Schottenheimer is lacking overall.

Well you apparently aren't alone in that opinion, but the guy who stakes his job on Shotty seems for now to disagree and even though I'm less a fan of Fish today than I was a week ago, I still defer to his judgement and figure that the failings are less a matter of those things than of execution, HOWEVER if we could coax Martz out of retirement ,I'd pack Shotty's bags for him.

MrMotes

Starter
It's a complete package thing, I think. You're probably right that he is very knowledgeable about concepts and schemes but being book smart isn't translating to everything else you need to be a successful OC. All the things being mentioned like adjustments, timing, etc., are part of it too and IMO(among others), Schottenheimer is lacking overall.

No doubt Schotty knows a lot more about football than your or i do. But he's not competing against us. He's competing against other people who know a lot about football. And he comes up short on a regular basis...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I find it fascinating how many people, on this forum specifically, defend Schottenheimer so passionately.

It is almost impossible to find anyone that has a good thing to say about Schotty outside of Rams park and some ROD contributors.

I can see defending Fisher, or Williams, or Walton once upon a time, or Boudreau, but I can't wrap my mind around Schottenheimer.

Why? Because I chose to go against the grain and stop taking the lazy route and blame the OC after a loss?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Why? Because I chose to go against the grain and stop taking the lazy route and blame the OC after a loss?

Hmmm, maybe your right. My opinion is that Shotty has a lot to do with the O's problems and as it turns out I am incredibly lazy. My wife can verify.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I think that is rather insulting to say if someone criticizes Shott after a lose they are to stupid to actually have good reasons why they put the blame on the OC.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
After what Sanchez looked like Sun. I'm not sold on him as the solution to the iggles qb scenario! Not that I care about it, just not thinking Schott was his problem. Our qb issue makes it hard to say he's the crappy coordinator some think he is!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think that is rather insulting to say if someone criticizes Shott after a lose they are to stupid to actually have good reasons why they put the blame on the OC.

Yeah, except I never said that.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The Rams won Sunday and had some good things going on offense...but I'd hardly say that a 22 point effort in todays NFL would make me change my mind about Schottenheimer.

I was actually excited when they hired him...I thought his style would fit in to what the Rams personnel offered. I think they've added some pieces that I thought he'd be able to expand his offense with, but I just don't see that. With Hill at QB I think there is a good chance you DO see some of that over Davis, but I'm still very disappointed in a lot of areas.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I gotta believe Tavon is quicker than most LBs...how often has Shotty created schemes that match him 1 v 1 with a LB?
I think that's simply because teams do prefer to cover Tavon with a corner back.

Irish

Starter
The Rams won Sunday and had some good things going on offense...but I'd hardly say that a 22 point effort in todays NFL would make me change my mind about Schottenheimer.

I was actually excited when they hired him...I thought his style would fit in to what the Rams personnel offered. I think they've added some pieces that I thought he'd be able to expand his offense with, but I just don't see that. With Hill at QB I think there is a good chance you DO see some of that over Davis, but I'm still very disappointed in a lot of areas.
Red zone efficiency needs to improve, that is for certain. 15 of those 22 points came off of Greg's right foot. You score just one touchdown on one of those field goal drives and you are talking about a bona fide rout on Monday as opposed to just talking about the defensive dominance.