Former Denver TE Jeb Putzier No Fan of Schotty: "He's Horrible"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You will never win a Pulitzer writing about the ineffectiveness of Brian Schottenheimer's offense.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
IDK what the answer is. Keep him or not, he was dealt a tough hand this year with Sam going down and all the adversity. I go with whatever Fisher wants to do. I never beleived Schotty wanted Davis to start over Hill. He has him back with several games to go.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I was half-way listening to this live today and his comment to Schotty woke me up. I've never really heard anyone publicly come out on the radio and say what a lot of fans have been thinking about Schotty. I personally go back and forth when it comes to my opinion of him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
IDK what the answer is. Keep him or not, he was dealt a tough hand this year with Sam going down and all the adversity. I go with whatever Fisher wants to do. I never beleived Schotty wanted Davis to start over Hill. He has him back with several games to go.
Yeah, I've beat that drum for Schotty enough in the past. At some point you've got to show that as a playcaller you can adapt to the talent even with injuries. If Mark Sanchez has a few more outings like he did the other night you have to start really questioning what it is with Schotty's offense.

iced

Yeah, I've beat that drum for Schotty enough in the past. At some point you've got to show that as a playcaller you can adapt to the talent even with injuries. If Mark Sanchez has a few more outings like he did the other night you have to start really questioning what it is with Schotty's offense.

not like sanchez was lighting it up - majority of his throws were screens or behind the LOS

Sum1

Hall of Fame
not like sanchez was lighting it up - majority of his throws were screens or behind the LOS
He produced though...and really looked better than what Foles did for most of the year.

It's one game though...that's why I want to see what he does from here out. BTW...I'm not a Sanchez fan in any way at all. I don't want him on the Rams and I can't stand him.

iced

He produced though...and really looked better than what Foles did for most of the year.

It's one game though...that's why I want to see what he does from here out. BTW...I'm not a Sanchez fan in any way at all. I don't want him on the Rams and I can't stand him.

I severely disagree with that on so many levels. I watched a lot of the eagles games or parts of them (had foles in fantasy) - he has had his ups and downs this year, but in no way is sanchez looking better than foles.

Chip Kelly's system is what looks really good - and the offense is tailored down considerably for sanchez. They'll push the ball down the field more often with Foles, especially to Maclin, and connect on a lot of them...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Stay classy Jeb
th

Alan

Legend
iced failing to see the connection:
So you're saying their OC called plays that Sanchez could excel in? :eek: :LOL:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I severely disagree with that on so many levels. I watched a lot of the eagles games or parts of them (had foles in fantasy) - he has had his ups and downs this year, but in no way is sanchez looking better than foles.

Chip Kelly's system is what looks really good - and the offense is tailored down considerably for sanchez. They'll push the ball down the field more often with Foles, especially to Maclin, and connect on a lot of them...
I had Foles in fantasy too...kind of irrelevant.

I'm not going to debate how good Mark Sanchez is vs Foles over one game. That wasn't even the point.

But I think it's dismissive to say a QB didn't play well when he had a 102 passer rating because he threw short screens. He still had over 300 yards and 2 TDs. That's a good day anyway you get it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's my issue with Schotty...he is absolutely brilliant at times and then completely undoes that by outsmarting himself. His scripts are great on an almost weekly basis. And then it comes time to adjust and he goes away from what was working or refuses to adjust. I don't know what it is. He just doesn't seem to think well on his feet.

But he has been dealt a bad hand with the QB situation.

Except Sanchez looked 10x worse outside of Schotty's offense in New York. He actually looked half-way decent with Schotty.

MrMotes

Starter
Except Sanchez looked 10x worse outside of Schotty's offense in New York. He actually looked half-way decent with Schotty.

The Jets replaced Schotty with Tony Sparano who isn't even an offensive coordinator. Now i'm no Schottenheimer fan, but i'd take him every day over Tony Sparano.

The Jets fired Sparano after his one and only season as an OC and Sanchez got hurt the following preseason.

Now with the Eagles, his career is on an upswing...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Here's my issue with Schotty...he is absolutely brilliant at times and then completely undoes that by outsmarting himself. His scripts are great on an almost weekly basis. And then it comes time to adjust and he goes away from what was working or refuses to adjust. I don't know what it is. He just doesn't seem to think well on his feet.

But he has been dealt a bad hand with the QB situation.

Nailed it. His playcalls can look great for a while, and then something happens and suddenly they become terrible. I've said he doesn't get into the flow of the game, but saying he doesn't think well on his feet is another way of putting it. The dichotomy in the quote above is why I always say he's just good enough to not get fired, but not good enough to take the offense to a high level. And that's even with acknowledging the bad hand he's been dealt at QB

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Totally agree, get shot of schotty

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go." Nice little WW2 quote

I was listening to move the sticks podcast and he was saying that chip Kelly had a "QB friendly system"..
Chip told him that if your system isn't QB friendly then your in the wrong job..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Jets replaced Schotty with Tony Sparano who isn't even an offensive coordinator. Now i'm no Schottenheimer fan, but i'd take him every day over Tony Sparano.

The Jets fired Sparano after his one and only season as an OC and Sanchez got hurt the following preseason.

Now with the Eagles, his career is on an upswing...

We'll see about that. I don't buy it. Sanchez is Sanchez. The system inflates stats but as Austin Davis and countless other QBs prove, guys come back down to earth. Foles looked amazing last year and not so much this year. And he's a better QB than Sanchez.