For those worried that Goff will bust...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
Newton Winston and Luck all threw for 4k yards their rookie years, the only ones to do so -- and also because their coaches allowed them to play and make mistakes and learn. Unfortunately I dont think Goff will ever get that chance with Fisher -- cant coddle the kid.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Newton Winston and Luck all threw for 4k yards their rookie years, the only ones to do so -- and also because their coaches allowed them to play and make mistakes and learn. Unfortunately I dont think Goff will ever get that chance with Fisher -- cant coddle the kid.
Why not? The teams you mentioned totally sucked, but we are on the verge of being a playoff team. It's a different dynamic. We could, sacrifice this year, or we could throw egos out the window, and try to win every game we can.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
With just these games to go on.... I think you start him. He'll face some tough situations, but show him you're confident in him, and he'll reward you. Try to shelter him, and that's where you create a complex. Worried this staff will over-protect him.

It is well known that Faith can move mountains my friend.

"Austin you are a man of unyielding faith"
GTfFm1e.gif

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
View attachment 15952
I see Goff flashing both ways in preseason. Makes a WOW throw, then makes a WOW mistake. Overall i believe he's just uncomfortable trying to manage everything in a pro style offense. There's no "instinctual" actions available to him right now if that makes sense. It's like a great self taught guitar player suddenly having to go to guitar class and learn theory, and how to read music.
aiqokEr4T.gif

f0b7db8e10f6be51992df5e07d456109.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*** MIc(rophone)

I don't see what your point is. We could have Aaron Rodgers at QB. When your best WR is a gadget player that has to rely on gimmick plays to make anything happen on offense, you're not playing winning football. Defenses are gonna load up on Gurley and dare the QB to make a play. 2 yard passes aren't gonna cut it. I want Goff to succeed. But he's hamstrung by this inept and outdated system being run

Defenses have been loading up on ap his whole career to no avail. Gurley will do the same.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not panicking. We got the best QB and the best RB in this draft, and we didn't give up any picks.
:mrburnsevil:

We'll see if you're still laughing after jpp and Vernon start rushing your qb for real.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I knew we were going to have to wait for Goff, now I'm wondering if it's going to be years and not months. Fisher, perpetually comfortable in his own skin, continues to coach like he knows he'll be around for a while.

I'm more worried about the future of this kid playing under a HC that doesn't view the passing game as more than complementary.

I'm worried about the ability of the Rams to foster an environment for QBs and WRs to succeed. Only two WRs have ever cracked 1000 yards under Fisher. How did Derrick Mason do it?

And I'm worried about Fisher and Snead's current and future judgement trading up in the draft. Quick, Austin, Joyner, now Goff. Little too much "projecting" for my taste.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I'll give Goff some time before I panic.

One thing is certain--Fisher will be here awhile. The last thing they will want to do is start flipping coaches and run Goff through system after system. That worked out so well with Bradford. So love him or hate him--I see Fisher being here for quite some time.

Before the draft I was against trading for any of the QBs. I wanted to go with Keenum and draft a wide receiver. Looking back--I'm not sure who that wide receiver would have been anyway. There wasn't any sure-thing guy in this draft. Sooner or later you go get a guy. They got Goff. Now the important thing is not to ruin him.

Just let the kid sit and absorb things for awhile. I don't care if he plays at all this year as long as the Rams are winning.

If the Rams find themselves at 5-3 or better at the mid-season mark no one will be screaming for Goff.

I want to see where his head is next year. Does he know the plays at that time? Does he know who should be where?

Has he gotten better under center?

He can throw a football--I think most would agree. Arm talent is not one of his problems.

Game speed is a problem. What happens next year when he doesn't have to think about things so much? And perhaps when the Rams have improved the receiving corps more?

I have no problem with him sitting this year.

I think the offense will be better this year--even without Goff. I think we'll see improvement. That may be all it takes to slip into the playoffs. So, for me, pre-season is over. Case is the guy. I like Case. I believe he can bring a solid enough game to help this team improve. For now--I'll take it.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The biggest thing Goff needs to learn is he can't turn the ball over so wrecklessly. This team doesn't win even if we don't protect the football. We don't need Brett Farve at QB, we need an Alex Smith.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Where Fisher has failed, and where historically he has always failed is drafting WR and overall offensive philosophy.

The best receiver he ever drafted was taken in the 4th round and ended up with 943 lifetime receptions. Hopefully, he's done it again in the 4th round this year. If so, I could care less about the 99 misses at WR. Some coaches, for whatever reason have a position that's failed almost every time they've drafted there. Belichick hasn't had luck with RBs.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
He'll be sitting on the bench next to Quick

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct.
They just picked him over Alshon Jeffrey
Let's move along, nothing to see here....

Actually they picked him over Cordy Glenn. It was the perfect scenario of bpa meeting greatest need and they blew it reaching for quick. Perhaps their worst draft moment.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Both Newton and Luck were big physical guys who could make plays with their feet if they ever got into a jam. That's not Goff's game, though Wentz could probably get away with it.:whistle:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Too soon to panic but I don't have much doubt that Fisher is making the right call starting Case w Mannion as the 2.