Fisher on Goff's progress (from the Mason & Ireland Show)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PainTrain

UDFA
Name
Raffi
With just a little modification, the analogy works just fine. I learned to fly a Cessna 152, but that wouldn't have qualified me to fly a twin engine Cessna w/o add'l classroom time....let alone anything resembling a commercial airliner. Goff came out of an entirely different system in college than what any team in the pros run. There's plenty of classroom learning he can do prior to getting thrown to the wolves.

Has he reached the saturation point for such learning....none of us know. But as much as I am not a particularly strong Fisher fan, he's forgotten more about football than 98% of the hyperventilating fans combined ever knew, and I'll accept his assessment over the latter any day.

Your second paragraph re: Fisher is why so many bad coaches, scouts etc continue to get jobs. Fisher is not and never will be a championship coach. He lacks the ability.

People often confuse experience with ability whereas one's natural ability dictates the range of success possible and experience acts as a modifier.

Jeff Fisher may know more about football but it does not mean he "gets" it.