Fisher on Goff's progress (from the Mason & Ireland Show)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not sure if everyone will be able to play this file, but it's worth a shot. I trimmed out the part of the interview where Fisher (again) talks about Goff's progression. Sounds like he's the #2 for good and within a snap of becoming the starter. This probably means that Case is on a short leash.

Anyway.

See if you can play it.

View: http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/QlUFuUcJ/file.html

A55VA6

Legend
Glad to hear Goff is making significant improvements. Just a matter of time before or franchise QB starts slinging it on Sundays!

jap

Legend
Not sure if everyone will be able to play this file, but it's worth a shot. I trimmed out the part of the interview where Fisher (again) talks about Goff's progression. Sounds like he's the #2 for good and within a snap of becoming the starter. This probably means that Case is on a short leash.

Anyway.

See if you can play it.

View: http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/QlUFuUcJ/file.html

i don't consider Fish to be the fool some members seem to think of him. He actually consulted with at least one trusted coaching associate concerning Sam Bradford's viability as a franchise QB and used the assurance he received that Sam could very well be the Man in St. Louis as a major reason for electing to coach the Rams in 2012. After all the Bradford ACL drama and the disappointing merry go round of starting QB pretenders, he bit the bullet and went after what he felt was the best QB available in the 2016 draft. He knew Jared was going to be a project coming from a spread offense and having to acclimate himself to mastering an NFL level playbook, leading older, savvy veterans in huddles, and mastering the under-the-center exchanges . . . to say nothing of reading NFL defenses, getting accustomed to the smaller & more rapidly closing NFL passing windows, and increasing his pocket awareness with NFL DC's sending everything & the kitchen sink after him. I wish he had a rapport with better OC's so he could have had one to guide his young signal caller as efficiently as possible.

I believe Fish is well aware of Case's limitations and is seeing how those limitations are affecting the running game. What's the point of having the Gurley Express! if your QB isn't scaring the defense into playing honest? Case has to be merely holding down the fort until the Man with the Golden Arm is ready to take his first tentative steps as an NFL starter.

I am hoping the Tampa game will be an easy win. Young Winston did himself no favors by talking smack against our stud DT. Mark Barron already fired himself up into proving something. The Mighty One is set to re-emerge as the premier NFL DE. If EJ comes in ready and primed to shut down Evans, the TB offense may be in for a long day. I just want to see Case hit enough intermediate to long tosses to allow Todd to ramble like no one else can. Those slants to Tavon might generate some major YAC if the TB secondary isn't prepared for Tavon's electric speed & quickness. An comfortable early lead will allow our defensive front seven to pin their ears back and crash the TB backfield regularly.

The Arizona game in Week Four is another major divisional opponent. However, if The Mighty One gets fully untracked against TB, I seriously fear for Card's QB Palmer's health. The guy has little mobility and will be facing a Horn's D that knows they are the best chance for the team's success while Case is handling signal calling duties. Let's give Arians more reasons to hate us! :sneaky:

Last edited:

tahoe

Pro Bowler
And yet another rookie qb leads his team to victory while Goff sits...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Not by choice, they did not want to start him and as of right now I truly believe that I could Quarterback the Patriots to victory.
fb3e9ad531e97e89b805d7a939819e1b.jpg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So what, if the first two guys weren't hurt he's be holding a clipboard. It has nothing to do with the Rams or this thread.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Patience is difficult in these situations - but is necessary. If the Rams offense doesn't move this weekend though - it will be exhausted.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Works Just fine -X-!(y)(y) I think Fisher is just saying, pretty much, the same thing he's been saying since the beginning of the Season!:cool:

tahoe

Pro Bowler
So what, if the first two guys weren't hurt he's be holding a clipboard. It has nothing to do with the Rams or this thread.
Its just amazing that other rookie qbs can play and win while Goff can't sniff the field. Just play him already!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Its just amazing that other rookie qbs can play and win while Goff can't sniff the field. Just play him already!
Its not amazing their circumstance put them there.

Goff is not the team he's only 1 piece and the rest of the players, coaches, office employees and locker room guys deserve the players who give the team the best chance to win every game.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not like he's taking over for Peyton Manning or something. I have no idea what will happen but it's time to find out .
Maybe the thought of playing a kid that doesn't know where the sun rises and sets scares them .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
mastering an NFL level playbook,
Who does that? Do you believe you need to "master" the playbook in order to compete? I'd say it takes 3-4 years to master an NFL playbook...probably more....

mastering the under-the-center exchanges
C'mon...master the center snap? Really Jap? What's this take, maybe an afternoon?

How many months has Goff had with the team? How long would it take to learn 50-60 plays? Hell, learn 15 plays, with variations, and you should be able to finish a game...

The question isn't why the other guys are playing...Injuries and the like...It's why can't the overall #1 pick replace the lowest QB in the league? And we all knew Keenum was a below average player coming into the season. What the hell is Keenum doing getting ANY #1 QB reps while Goff is trying to "master" the offense..."master" center exchanges...It's about getting your best option for success ready to play...to compete...That's the question...Not why Dak was gonna ride the bench behind Romo...Why Brissett was gonna be 3rd string until Brady was suspeneded & Grappolo was injured...Why Kessler is going into the weekend as the 4th rookie QB to start....Or why Wentz has had such success after Pederson traded away Bradford...It's why wasn't every resource used to get this guy ready for week 1...or week 2, and now week 3....Why? Stop telling me Keenum gives us the best chance to win...He doesn't....I'd argue that Mannion would give us a better chance to win....