Fisher Expects Bradford to be Under Center for Rams in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

reggae

They should only do it if they can renegotiate his contract so that it includes many playing time incentives so they are protected against another injury. They also need a totally viable alternative to Bradford. They should proceed as if Bradford isn't going to be here, even if he is able to play.....they must get another starting quality QB either through trade/draft/free agency. Let them battle it out. If Bradford is healthy, great....if not, they're covered.
How can they do that? Typically a deal like this means remaining salary is converted to bonus. Cheaper to cut him now. Me thinks he plays out the final year of his contract. Any extension will be contingent on that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It looks like it's already being run through a translator.

True. But what type of translator?? At this point, I think I could make more sense of hieroglyphics.....

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
True. But what type of translator?? At this point, I think I could make more sense of hieroglyphics.....
I'm guessing just plain old Google translator. As a comparison, here is your above post translated into Korean and back...

True. However, the type of translator ?? At this point, I think that makes more sense ..... hieroglyphics

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think it opened a lot of people's eye's to what we had in Bradford.
OK, let's do it this way, my comment might have been a little over the top...
I don't know of anybody with more than 6 living brain cells that questions Bradford's ability...That he doesn't seem to be able to stay on the field is the only real concern, IMO...I would think that one more serious injury would force the Rams' hand...If he can stay healthy somehow, I can of like the Rams' chances to contend for at least a wild card next year...Big if, I guess, but I've always liked Sam as the Rams' QB...

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't know of anybody with more than 6 living brain cells that questions Bradford's ability...That he doesn't seem to be able to stay on the field is the only real concern, IMO...I would think that one more serious injury would force the Rams' hand...If he can stay healthy somehow, I can of like the Rams' chances to contend for at least a wild card next year...Big if, I guess, but I've always liked Sam as the Rams' QB...
You don't know enough people, or read enough then, and I say this with no offense, at all. I am in your group though, BTW. Don't exclude the other groups though, there are a few....groups, I mean.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
'With the team' doesn't mean 'starting quarterback' though. He could be brought in and cut in camp for all we know. And frankly, between the "Shaun Hill's our guy" and the "Davis for the rest of the season" talk, I think it's pretty much been established that we can't trust a word Fisher says on the QB situation.

He said he expects Sam to be under center next year, I'm not sure what's cofusing or controversial about that comment...Seems pretty straight forward to me...Could things change ??? That's always possible, but unless something unforeseen happens, it seems that Sam is the guy as far as Fisher is concerned...I see this as much different than the which back-up should we play...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
mwwb3s.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need a Plan B...but Bradford starting in 2015 is probably the best case scenario for us.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Shoot I don't know why he wouldn't be, I'd be extremely happy if we have Bradford, Hill, Hundley, and Davis back there next year. I have no doubt in my mind Bradford has the ability to be a top 10 QB in this league, he just has awful luck. In case his string of bad luck continues...a rookie like Hundley or Bo Wallace will be waiting in the wings and we go from there. I think we can all agree that there's no excuse for the Rams not to take a QB in the top 3 rounds this next draft though....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just wish he would have said that he expects Sam to be under a new Center, next season.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm all for it, I wouldn't mind getting a backup in the draft to develop, but I don't want to force it. I like Bradford, I think he deserves another shot. He'll either set the world on fire or we'll get a new guy the next year. At this point I just want something.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm all for it, I wouldn't mind getting a backup in the draft to develop, but I don't want to force it. I like Bradford, I think he deserves another shot. He'll either set the world on fire or we'll get a new guy the next year. At this point I just want something.
You know...Black Friday is real close, maybe we can get a deal.

I want it all....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Lets go. Im all for it. One more year on the Bradford Bus.

Way I look at it is this.

If healthy, Sam Bradford gives us the best chance to win.

If not healthy we're likely to lose more than we win anyway with a rookie QB under center and he'll have a chance to develop under Sam that way regardless.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I sort of expected this. We see him on the sidelines every game even after 2 torn acls. The dude clearly still has passion for the team/the game, and I'm sure Fisher would've told him ahead of time if he was to let him go after the season. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the year and hopefully he's been building more arm strength. I like it, but I would like it even more if they restructured (so would everyone else at this point) and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. I say draft only because I cannot see a viable qb in free agency, unless Aaron Rodgers is a FA next season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I would be pissed if he wasn't back. This team needs him really bad. We would have made the playoffs the last two years with him. His arm strength and accuracy is unmatched by many. Just gotta stay healthy. For the love of god, stay healthy Sam. We miss you.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fish is pretty crafty. He didn't really say anything tbh. I expect Bradford to be in the mix, which is fine. But nothing changes: Rams will draft a QB high.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm OK with this, as long as we pick a QB early in the draft. I'm going to be furious if we put all of our eggs into the Sam Bradford basket again.

Chances are a QB selected early next year won't do much for this team in 2015 anyway. Not one that can be obtained in this draft class.

IMO, the team's best option for 2015 is to find a better backup QB.