First Take: Seattle Michael Robinson Talks Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Wow! Did I bookmark the wrong page? All of this disdain for our QB and love for all the others. Need to check my settings...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The "Winner" argument is a terrible one for a QB. Teams win games. Bradford was drafted by a team that won 6 games total the previous three years before he was drafted. That's brutally bad, and outside of Steven Jackson there was absolutely nothing on the offense. Nothing. And Jackson was on a downward trend after his great year in 2009.

SJ 39 was(is) over rated !!

I think at this point,Bradford has no more excuses. What was his excuse last season ? Injury ?
RG111 was injured last year,& coming of an injury.I'll take Bradford over him,except for his contract.$$$$ for $$$ RG111 is better.Dame with all other QB's.
---Bradford has not wanted to restructure his contract.I don't blame him,but after 2014 season as a Ram fan I'll know who Sam Bradford is as a QB & player.Team first ??

Rams have a great structure.I don't take anything away from Kap.He just got paid,so will see.Your wrong for that.The 49ers showed there support that any QB can handle that franchise.I'd live to see Blane Gabbert starting at some point against The Rams.I think Sam could hold that lead.

I think at this point,Bradford has no more excuses. What was his excuse last season ? Injury ?
RG111 was injured last year,& coming of an injury.I'll take Bradford over him,except for his contract.$$$$ for $$$ RG111 is better.Dame with all other QB's.
---Bradford has not wanted to restructure his contract.I don't blame him,but after 2014 season as a Ram fan I'll know who Sam Bradford is as a QB & player.Team first ??

Rams have a great structure.I don't take anything away from Kap.He just got paid,so will see.Your wrong for that.The 49ers showed there support that any QB can handle that franchise.I'd live to see Blane Gabbert starting at some point against The Rams.I think Sam could hold that lead.

After watching RGIII last season I'm not sure I can make a case for him being better than Kirk Cousins.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

"Excuse" implies the reason is not valid. Last year, Sam was starting to look really good when a freak injury struck. Nature of the beast.

And the contract situation is both not Bradford's fault, and in line with what QBs are getting in extensions anyway.

EDIT: I missed the restructure comment. As FRO said, he already restructured once to ease the team's salary cap. Unfortunately, when people say "restructure" in regards to Bradford, what they really mean is "take a pay cut for no reason". And that's not happening with a player unless they're obviously going to be cut and not get paid elsewhere if they don't.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend

Bradford already restructured his contract once. The only other way he can restructure is to add years to his contract.

I don't think excuses need to be made for 14 TDs to 4 INTs over 7 games in 2013 or 28 TDs to 11 INTs in his last 16.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After watching RGIII last season I'm not sure I can make a case for him being better than Kirk Cousins.
Exactly--His body type & style of football is 100% different than Sam.
RG111 has a different style of play.He also never fully recovered from his knee injury.
RG111 never fully recovered from his knee injury.I think you'll see a different QB.
Cousins had his shot,and had a couple real bad games.Great back up QB.
Bradford will be 100%,but his was like week 6 vs 2nd week in playoffs.He had Seattle beat BTW.
Never wish injury on a player ,but like Washington's record last season

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
"Excuse" implies the reason is not valid. Last year, Sam was starting to look really good when a freak injury struck. Nature of the beast.

And the contract situation is both not Bradford's fault, and in line with what QBs are getting in extensions anyway.

EDIT: I missed the restructure comment. As FRO said, he already restructured once to ease the team's salary cap. Unfortunately, when people say "restructure" in regards to Bradford, what they really mean is "take a pay cut for no reason". And that's not happening with a player unless they're obviously going to be cut and not get paid elsewhere if they don't.
2-3 start ?? I'm not trying to dis/Bradford.He is a good QB.

Pound for Pound A.Luck is a lot better QB & God Willing,wish I could go back in time & have Luck as The Rams QB at his level of play when he came out.He might have been all messed up if he came out after his Sophomore year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly--His body type & style of football is 100% different than Sam.

RG111 has a different style of play.He also never fully recovered from his knee injury.

RG111 never fully recovered from his knee injury.I think you'll see a different QB.

I agree with this... I've read where it takes one full season to fully recover from ACL/MCL surgery. Granted, the player plays that first year, but usually their production goes down, especially if they use their wheels to make plays (like RGIII).

Bradford doesn't use his legs a lot, but I'm hoping his head is totally committed that his knee is 100%.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bradford already restructured his contract once. The only other way he can restructure is to add years to his contract.

I don't think excuses need to be made for 14 TDs to 4 INTs over 7 games in 2013 or 28 TDs to 11 INTs in his last 16.

As Al Davis use to say Just Win Baby !!!

I think Kenny Britt will be his go to guy on 3rd downs.Throwing to the short Danny Amendola in passing lanes were tough.-Bradford did break the record with Givens of 5 games straight with a 50 pass play or more(not sure).

I don't doubt Sam Bradford.He is the first one in & last one out.When he is in a flow your not going to stop him late in a game.He is great in 2 minute drills.
The point I gathered from it all is that he can get raddled when under pressure.I remember a couple pick 6's for about 90 plus yards.He has had chances to win games which other QB's have.
It's like SJ39.You can show me stats,but are you winning.
Chrissy Everett took The Rams to playoff games & was one of the best passers stat wise than in Ram history.He still got boo'd, the final straw was when he went down for no reason.
You ask Diggtty about the worst play in Ram playoff history,& he might tell you the Ronnie Lott int.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree with this... I've read where it takes one full season to fully recover from ACL/MCL surgery. Granted, the player plays that first year, but usually their production goes down, especially if they use their wheels to make plays (like RGIII).

Bradford doesn't use his legs a lot, but I'm hoping his head is totally committed that his knee is 100%.
Thanks for reply...I think The Rams in a whole are better,there for his game should excel.Sitting on the sideline on helps players wanting to be great.Bradfords work ethic can not be questioned .
He has had enough time to recover .That Dr Anderson is amazing. Drew Bree's was one of the first with his shoulder.Long list of awesome comebacks.Broadway Joe would have loved him.
This will also be Sam's 3 year in a row with Schotty.I'm sure he has had a lot of input with the plays.
The QB coach is solid with the addition of S Hill will make for a positive surrounding.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
WOW this thread is getting heated :)

In my opinion - Sam is a great QB especially for such a young team like the Rams, he shows composure under tremendous pressure, when we're getting our a$$e$ whooped, the dude stays calm, you don't want a guy thats going to get riled up and throw 3 interceptions in the final quarter.

The man TAKES the hit. The man GETS UP. The man PLAYS HARD. He doesn't jib out of a ballgame if we're behind with a tweaked muscle, or after taking a heavy knock. He stays in there

I for one love seeing him take the game by the scruff of the neck when we're down in the 4th, his no huddle quick offense is a beautiful thing and I loved watching it last season, I think thats when his leadership shows. That 15 minutes against Atlanta last season was a thing of beauty...

BUT - I know Fisher isn't a big fan of the no-huddle, which is a damn shame because I for one think it suits our offense a lot, especially with guys like Austin on board...
hopefully we wont have to deal with too many 4th quarter comebacks if the D is monstrous and we can simply score a decent amount of points

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Wow! Did I bookmark the wrong page? All of this disdain for our QB and love for all the others. Need to check my settings...
there was lots of love for bradford early on defending him. if anything it turned into members thrashing each other more than anything lol. i figured this post would get ppl fired up lol

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
hopefully we wont have to deal with too many 4th quarter comebacks if the D is monstrous and we can simply score a decent amount of points

Yes totally agree, I'd just love to see that fast paced no-huddle game a few more times, like the Atlanta (?) game last year, didn't we score 3 touchdowns in something like 15 mins? it would be nice to see that happen in the start of Q3, just to take the game to the house, because as you say if our D lives up to their potential we should be able to keep opposing O's in control...

Roll on the start of the season....

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If it comes down to a battle to see who is the most overrated QB, Wilson or RGIII beat Luck hands down.

It's funny how no one in the media remembers that there were points last year where Wilson and the rest of the passing game were areas of concern for the seachickens.

RGIII is great at reading reporters, the defense not so much.

Bradford needs only to prove he can stay on the field, imo.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The "Winner" argument is a terrible one for a QB. Teams win games. Bradford was drafted by a team that won 6 games total the previous three years before he was drafted. That's brutally bad, and outside of Steven Jackson there was absolutely nothing on the offense. Nothing. And Jackson was on a downward trend after his great year in 2009.

I hate when people assign wins and losses to a QB as if they were a starting pitcher in MLB.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The same day that MR was on the NFL channel with this, I heard a caller on Sirius NFL come on and basically say the same things. Although the caller admitted he was going with his homies for the top NFCW seed, his praise and thoughts on the Rams were that they would overtake SF for the #2 spot and be quite a handful.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I hate when people assign wins and losses to a QB as if they were a starting pitcher in MLB.
By their logic, Trent Dilfer was the best QB in football during the 2000 season. ;)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

idk how the hell any real Rams fan could call Steven Jackson overrated...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
idk how the hell any real Rams fan could call Steven Jackson overrated...
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if their opinion is demonstrably profoundly stupid, and brings shame and disgrace upon the family name of the poster for generations to come.