Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's his opinion. I also think they are entertaining trade discussions. And who do you think they'd be getting more interest in. Sam or Westbrooks?
Westbrooks would be better trade bait, because he's better.....Hope we get a good LBer for him, if so.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's his opinion. I also think they are entertaining trade discussions. And who do you think they'd be getting more interest in. Sam or Westbrooks?

I would guess Hayes or Sims, plus it would be a chance to save some money

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Westbrooks is too good to trade and is needed on the DL.
Sorry JackDRams. I totally disagree Davis has not been very solid. The difference is the receivers are making catches this year and that's the only reason he looks "somewhat ok" He is inconsistent as can be. When he misses its way bad and he takes to many sacks. I do not think Davis would win anymore games then Gilbert would and at least we would see if Gilbert progresses.
But I do agree he probably will clear waivers.
I really hate seeing Reid cut. I thought he was doing well. Hope he clears waivers cause I think he will be playing before the end of the year on the Rams.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Cutting Bayer would be a huge mistake. More in another thread.
I cannot believe the Rams keep Davis over Gilbert. Unreal. The Rams will never win with Davis. I would have kept Gilbert and give him a year to see what he can do. We already know what Davis can do ____________________. Not being mean just stating a fact.

Okay.... I'll bite....can you name a 3rd string QB you can "win" with regularly? (Davis was at best the 3rd string starting out camp. And if you get that far into the depth chart....are you really still "expecting" wins?...)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Okay.... I'll bite....can you name a 3rd string QB you can "win" with regularly? (Davis was at best the 3rd string starting out camp. And if you get that far into the depth chart....are you really still "expecting" wins?...)

Isn't Vick gonna be the Eagles 3rd string?

Edit - nevermind got my green teams mixed up / realized its Barkely and nobody will with with that guy

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
How was this draft not deep on offense too? Crazy deep at WR, crazy deep at RB, deep at QB though not very talented at the top, and OL was really deep as well. What am I missing here? Just compare this draft to 2013, it's not even close. The players that went in the top 10 last year are probably all mid-late first round picks in the 2014 draft. The best OT in that draft was probably the the 4th best OT in this draft, if that. I love Tavon, but he probably goes around the same area Brandin Cooks went in this past draft. I could go on and on, because there's not even much of a gray area in this discussion, you're just way off base, imo.
Look at last years WRs, QBs, RBs...it dwarfs 2014

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
From the twitter machine and Jim Thomas @jthom1 and Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Blake, Emory
Bond, Travis
Brown, Kourtnei
Cunningham, Avery
Franklin, Austin
Gilbert, Garrett
Harlan, Deantre
Hill, Aaron
Hooey, Sean
Reid, Greg
Sabino, Etienne
Smelley, Brad
Steward, Phillip
Van Dyk, Mitchell
Veltung, Justin
Wilson, Lawrence
Woodard, Darren

jjab360

Legend
Look at last years WRs, QBs, RBs...it dwarfs 2014
Haha what??? Are we even looking at the same drafts?

2013's best WR prospects were Tavon Austin and Cordaralle Patterson. This year, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, OBJ, Cooks, Benjamin, Lee, and Matthews were all first round caliber players and two of them even went in the second because this draft was so ridiculously deep. Allen Robinson and Cody Latimer got overlooked a lot, but those guys were really good too. All of those guys were probably better prospects than 2013's 3rd best receiver prospect imo, Deandre Hopkins. 2013's best QBs were E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith LOL, need I say more?

Athos

Legend
Westbrooks would likely net more, but I'd only trade him for a quality LB, where we're probably weakest at defensively after DB.

I want them both though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Why would they cut Reid? He's got so much potential over all the other back ups.

RamWoodie

Legend
Haha what??? Are we even looking at the same drafts?

2013's best WR prospects were Tavon Austin and Cordaralle Patterson. This year, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, OBJ, Cooks, Benjamin, Lee, and Matthews were all first round caliber players and two of them even went in the second because this draft was so ridiculously deep. Allen Robinson and Cody Latimer got overlooked a lot, but those guys were really good too. All of those guys were probably better prospects than 2013's 3rd best receiver prospect imo, Deandre Hopkins. 2013's best QBs were E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith LOL, need I say more?
No, you don't need to say more because there's a point that hasn't been made...the guys you are naming...haven't done anything. 3 guys were drafted as 1st WRs in 2013 and 3 in 2014...

NEED I SAY MORE?

A55VA6

Legend
Updated list of cuts. I believe this puts the Rams at 56.

QB Garrett Gilbert
TE Brad Smelley
OL Sean Hooey
OL Mitchell Van Dyk
LB Etienne Sabino
DE Kourtnei Brown
DT Deantre Harlan
S Avery Cunningham
WR Emory Blake
OL Travis Bond
CB Darren Woodard
WR Austin Franklin
LB Phillip Steward
LB Aaron Hill
WR Justin Veltung
CB Greg Reid
LB Lawrence Wilson
OL Brandon Washington

jjab360

Legend
No, you don't need to say more because there's a point that hasn't been made...the guys you are naming...haven't done anything. 3 guys were drafted as 1st WRs in 2013 and 3 in 2014...

NEED I SAY MORE?
First of all, I'm comparing them as prospects and not what they've done in the NFL. Obviously. Second, there were 5 1st round WRs in 2014. Are you done embarrassing yourself yet?