Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rams Announce Roster Moves
Posted 3 minutes ago

By StLouisRams.com

In order to reach the 53-man roster limit mandated by the NFL, the St. Louis Rams announced the following roster moves.

The team waived WR Emory Blake, G Travis Bond, DE Kourtnei Brown, S Christian Bryant, DTMatt Conrath, S Avery Cunningham, WR Austin Franklin, QB Garrett Gilbert, DTDeantre Harlan, LB Aaron Hill, T Sean Hooey, DB Greg Reid, LB Etienne Sabino, DEMichael Sam, TE Brad Smelley, LB Phillip Steward, T Mitchell Van Dyk, WR Justin Veltung, OLBrandon Washington, LB Lawrence Wilson and CB Darren Woodard.

The Rams also placed WR Stedman Bailey on Reserve/Suspended.

A55VA6

Legend
Rams final roster move is releasing S Christian Bryant.

Here is the full list of cuts for convenience

QB Garrett Gilbert
TE Brad Smelley
OL Sean Hooey
OL Mitchell Van Dyk
LB Etienne Sabino
DE Kourtnei Brown
DT Deantre Harlan
S Avery Cunningham
WR Emory Blake
OL Travis Bond
CB Darren Woodard
WR Austin Franklin
LB Phillip Steward
LB Aaron Hill
WR Justin Veltung
CB Greg Reid
LB Lawrence Wilson
OL Brandon Washington
DT Matt Conrath
DE Michael Sam
S Christian Bryant

Athos

Legend
Watts and Reynolds? Not sure I get that.

Sure Watts was good, don't think he was that good though. Plenty of released RBs that are better.

Remember, rosters aren't finalized for another day or two.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
There we go, so glad they didn't keep him simply from a negative PR standpoint, Westbrooks clearly outplayed him and who knows since he went the whole draft being passed on he just might make it to the PS.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The question I have...does Justice Cunningham make the Rams a better team than Michael Sam? Really?

Memphis Ram

Legend
The question I have...does Justice Cunningham make the Rams a better team than Michael Sam? Really?

He plays special teams. But, they are probably just working out an injury settlement for him given the high ankle sprain he suffered in the final preseason game.

A55VA6

Legend
Current St. Louis Rams 53 man roster

Quarterbacks
Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Offensive linemen
Defensive linemen

Linebackers
Defensive backs

Special teams

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He plays special teams. But, they are probably just working out an injury settlement for him given the high ankle sprain he suffered in the final preseason game.
It's got to be STs...I guess with the lack of LBs they need to find STs help somewhere.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just remember, there are probably 2 or 3 guys that might still be cut depending on who we like on the wire, and we do need tight ends with the way this offense is built.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wonder who they're looking at, given its likely some guys (Jones) goes to IR or something similar.

Athos

Legend
5 RBs and 5 TEs? That seems odd from a non-mathematical standpoint.

Seems like overkill.

But remember, things can and probably will change with the roster. I'm betting there is SOMEONE out there on waivers the Rams want/will pick up.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yeah, I'm guessing Justice Cunningham, Barrett Jones, and Trey Watts are the names to watch in the coming days as the team adds players.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Wonder who they're looking at, given its likely some guys (Jones) goes to IR or something similar.
We only kept 5 linebackers, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us get another QB. I think a TE could be expendable, even in an exchange. RB could be expendable in a move also.

RamWoodie

Legend
First of all, I'm comparing them as prospects and not what they've done in the NFL. Obviously. Second, there were 5 1st round WRs in 2014. Are you done embarrassing yourself yet?
No. here's no embarrassment in being mistaken, which I was, and freely admit. However, that still doesn't make your point. You said the draft was deeper...there's NO WAY to know that except in hindsight.

"Prospects" are not what makes a draft deep...the ONLY way to know is in what they DO!

Athos

Legend
We only kept 5 linebackers, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us get another QB. I think a TE could be expendable, even in an exchange. RB could be expendable in a move also.

I say, eventually, drop a TE and RB. Pick up a QB and a LB. Or a QB (Shaw) and a RB (Josey). ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I expected to keep 10 offensive lineman, with our track record of injuries.

Got to believe Cunningham and Watts remain firmly on bubble.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, I'm guessing Justice Cunningham, Barrett Jones, and Trey Watts are the names to watch in the coming days as the team adds players.
I think it's fair to add Reynolds to that list, but yes, that would be my bottom list too.