Farmer: Jared Goff's laid-back nature leads to first round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
IMO, Farmer thought the Rams were going Wentz, but nows feel like many others the selection will be Goff. Mike Silver is dialed in with the Rams and he reported that Goff's private workout in the rain where the ball never hit the ground swung the pendulum the other way.

Mike Silver didn't "dial in"... He got it from the horse's mouth...

Mike Mayock, Greg Cosell and others do actual film work.

Mike Silver just did this. "hey Fish, who are you taking?" "Goff, but we're telling all the LA guys Wentz." "Cool, thx"

If that's dialing in, he's got the sweetest paying gig in sports...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike Silver didn't "dial in"... He got it from the horse's mouth...

Mike Mayock, Greg Cosell and others do actual film work.

Mike Silver just did this. "hey Fish, who are you taking?" "Goff, but we're telling all the LA guys Wentz." "Cool, thx"

If that's dialing in, he's got the sweetest paying gig in sports...

I think it was more to that and plenty of film guys love Goff too, Silver went into detail with the Rams private workout, the fact that the heavens opened up and there was a downpour, whereas, Wentz was inside in North Dakota.

Anyway I like listening to Mike Mayock, but he was a big Jason Smith fan so because of that I close my ears to his evaluations.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sure would be sweet IF they take Goff and he wins that job. Seeing him start his career with a big win over SF would be glorious.

He will start the first game and right in front of all Whiner fans they will all walk away shaking their heads in disdain to what could have been with Goff now in horns.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wentz is more to my liking seems more structured and intense, but Goff's favoite player of all time was Joe Montana and nobody was cooler than Montana and I bite my tongue as I type that. However, I would like Goff to change his favorite teams please.

I'll revel every moment Goff slays the Whiners.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think it was more to that and plenty of film guys love Goff too, Silver went into detail with the Rams private workout, the fact that the heavens opened up and there was a downpour, whereas, Wentz was inside in North Dakota.

Anyway I like listening to Mike Mayock, but he was a big Jason Smith fan so because of that I close my ears to his evaluations.

Mike Silver is personal friends with Jeff Fisher, was inside the Rams War Room last year and as he's intimated repeatedly (I've been talking directly with him on twitter), he's getting his information directly from Fisher.

This call on Goff, he said, was based on his knowledge inside the organization. Nothing else.

I'd link his tweet to me, but I'm too lazy atm. Plus, I dunno that it matters. But, if it becomes important, I'll look for it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd link his tweet to me, but I'm too lazy atm. Plus, I dunno that it matters. But, if it becomes important, I'll look for it.

No worries, but he did an interview and I forget who with, but he spoke about the private workout with Goff in the rain and ball never hit the ground. Now Silver is a Cal-Berkeley alum and might have been there, but he did talk about the fact that it rained actually made a better case for Goff because not one ball hit the ground and many questioned if Goff could throw if the ball was wet.

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
Before these past couple days, the Goff-Wentz thing had everyone 50/50. Now, especially this morning, I see these "analysts" and beat-writers pretty much saying it'll be Goff. It's now closer to 95/5.

And, even though I was a huge Wentz guy, I'm okay with this. Because either of them would be an upgrade to what we have now. And let's face the fact that Goff is the most accurate. And has the most passing experience. They rarely ran it at Cal.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
All these guys saying goff is the guy and even farmer flipping and saying he was wrong is overly telling. Goff is our man, and I love it!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Before these past couple days, the Goff-Wentz thing had everyone 50/50. Now, especially this morning, I see these "analysts" and beat-writers pretty much saying it'll be Goff. It's now closer to 95/5.

And, even though I was a huge Wentz guy, I'm okay with this. Because either of them would be an upgrade to what we have now. And let's face the fact that Goff is the most accurate. And has the most passing experience. They rarely ran it at Cal.
It's kinda fucked up they ran so many running plays but had goff passing. Put hackenberg in Goffs shoes, he'd be even more fucked up now. Goff adapted and excelled. It really is crazy how well he did in that system.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am dialing in to Goff. He will have some rough games this yea, but the quality will shine through. Get ready for a WINNING record this year, boys!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
No worries, but he did an interview and I forget who with, but he spoke about the private workout with Goff in the rain and ball never hit the ground. Now Silver is a Cal-Berkeley alum and might have been there, but he did talk about the fact that it rained actually made a better case for Goff because not one ball hit the ground and many questioned if Goff could throw if the ball was wet.

Oh, I know all of that. I'm just sayin he wasn't figuring anything out. He was told, point blank, who it would be. Now, if he was there at Berkeley for the workout or was told this story...doesn't really matter. Silver simply got it from the horse's mouth.

That's it. No tape, no analysis, no 37 interviews with people around the league... nope. He knows Fisher, he asked Fisher or Fisher decided to tell him.

Pretty simple, really. Further, Fisher put on record to Silver that he was openly disseminating false information to other reporters.

So, if you're other reporters with "sources" with the Rams after reading that... you had to be feeling pretty crappy. "hey... *calls source* hey source, we're still good, right? I know Silver' saying Goff, but it's really Wentz, right?" Source: "Sure, c'mon, it's silly season, can't trust what you read...you can trust me..."

And, funnily enough they did it with some of the biggest names on the LA Sports scene... Fred Roggin...Sam Farmer...

/shrug. Fisher's gonna be Fisher.

If this works, he's a baller and no one's gonna care that he burned the local media over this for his friend in the National Sports Media complex who won't give two rat farts about the Rams on a daily or weekly or even monthly basis.

If it doesn't work, as I said in another post, he's just been makin' pitchforks. And frankly, unless you work with hay, makin' pitchforks is a really dumb thing to do.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Much different from Bradford, been reported that when he worksout with the team, he's right in the center of it all and guys come to him. Not sure if that is what you were implying,m but this article does point out after the first year, he tried to be more of a leader regardless the intense players many of their detractors will find them overbearing like Brady and the quiet ones like Eli Manning, his detractors will find him detached.

Well it's mostly a joke, because it's ridiculous that some of these players get blasted for their demeanor, and others don't. Can't have it both ways I don't really care how they act, as long as they produce.

Seems like Sam and Jared Goff have the same type of personality. Plus, I don't think Sam Bradford is very different from Jared Goff. I don't believe for a second Sam's teammates didn't believe in him. Dude had many games lost because of other reasons. Also there is this: http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/the-bradford-speech.20483/

Memphis Ram

Legend

Hopefully someone with the team was smart enough to make sure that some pass pressure was simulated at the same time. You know, made him feel rushed while he was doing it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hopefully someone with the team was smart enough to make sure that some pass pressure was simulated at the same time. You know, made him feel rushed while he was doing it.

Funny @Memphis Ram anytime I come across a youngster that thinks he's a Quarterback my first question to him is, can you throw under duress?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think I read there is 1 year 10 months difference between Goff and Wentz, Wentz being 23.

Jared Thomas Goff
Born: October 14, 1994 (age 21)

Carson Wentz
Born: December 30, 1992 (age 23),

Exactly right @CGI_Ram 1 year 10 months.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Mike Silver is personal friends with Jeff Fisher, was inside the Rams War Room last year and as he's intimated repeatedly (I've been talking directly with him on twitter), he's getting his information directly from Fisher.

This call on Goff, he said, was based on his knowledge inside the organization. Nothing else.

If the NFL has asked the Rams, Eagles to stay publicly undeclared on which QB they're taking(which we know to be the case).....why would the Rams tell a trusted insider like Silver who it is so he can publicly leak it?

It's Wentz. It was always Wentz. The Browns wanted Wentz too. The Eagles/Niners wanted the #2 leftovers (before the Rams trade). When the Browns bowed out the Eagles moved up knowing who was gonna be there at #2 (Goff).

Immediately following the Rams trade everyone called it as Wentz because he was the obvious choice...it took about 24 hours for the NFL to work that "obvious" choice into a smokescreen lead by the Rams and now the Eagles directed towards the media.

"The Rams will choose Goff and that's your story."
giphy.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the NFL has asked the Rams, Eagles to stay publicly undeclared on which QB they're taking(which we know to be the case).....why would the Rams tell a trusted insider like Silver who it is so he can publicly leak it?

It's Wentz. It was always Wentz. The Browns wanted Wentz too. The Eagles/Niners wanted the #2 leftovers (before the Rams trade). When the Browns bowed out the Eagles moved up knowing who was gonna be there at #2 (Goff).

Immediately following the Rams trade everyone called it as Wentz because he was the obvious choice...it took about 24 hours for the NFL to work that "obvious" choice into a smokescreen lead by the Rams and now the Eagles directed towards the media.

"The Rams will choose Goff and that's your story."
giphy.gif

Yeah, but there is zero motivation for a smokescreen.

Keeping it quiet? Yes, there is motivation for that. Smokescreen, none.