Farmer: Jared Goff's laid-back nature leads to first round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah, but there is zero motivation for a smokescreen.

Keeping it quiet? Yes, there is motivation for that. Smokescreen, none.
The reason is that Wentz was the obvious choice initially following the trade. The media, the "experts", even the masses here at RamsOnDemand....the reason for the smokescreen is because everyone had it right initially.

The trail has successfully been thrown off of the truth which was/is Wentz to LA. Goff to Philly.
Now, the NFL will get it's wish of Oooh's and Ahhh's on Thursday.

nighttrain

Legend
And for the record I preferred Wentz too at first with his size and intensity, however, Goff's body of work is better and I can't get by the 56/1 Touchdown to Interception ratio that sealed the deal for Goff in my book.

Wentz is more to my liking seems more structured and intense, but Goff's favoite player of all time was Joe Montana and nobody was cooler than Montana and I bite my tongue as I type that. However, I would like Goff to change his favorite teams please.
if he has a Montana like career i'll be one happy camper
train

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
In the end, something has made all the Wentz supporting analysts change their minds to Goff the past two days. That should tell us something.

All aboard the Goff hype train! Tell the Niners we got our own #16 now! (Unless he switches to 9.)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All aboard the Goff hype train! Tell the Niners we got our own #16 now! (Unless he switches to 9.)

In Goff's interview with Gruden, he spoke about the number and that he always wore 16 and it's presently available so Heaven Can Wait for Tom Jarrod or Jared Goff.
Rams1.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still, he occasionally has to throw his dad a brush-back pitch, lest he become an overbearing helicopter parent. The two had a brief phone call Thursday after Jared had returned from a quick trip to L.A., where he dined with Rams owner Stan Kroenke and team executive Kevin Demoff.

"Have you gotten a workout in today?" Jerry asked, unable to resist a nudge.

"Dad," Jared said, raising his voice. "Stop!"

From the full article, I don't recall reading Wentz went to dinner with those two, though I'd imagine it happened.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the NFL has asked the Rams, Eagles to stay publicly undeclared on which QB they're taking(which we know to be the case).....why would the Rams tell a trusted insider like Silver who it is so he can publicly leak it?

It's Wentz. It was always Wentz. The Browns wanted Wentz too. The Eagles/Niners wanted the #2 leftovers (before the Rams trade). When the Browns bowed out the Eagles moved up knowing who was gonna be there at #2 (Goff).

Immediately following the Rams trade everyone called it as Wentz because he was the obvious choice...it took about 24 hours for the NFL to work that "obvious" choice into a smokescreen lead by the Rams and now the Eagles directed towards the media.

"The Rams will choose Goff and that's your story."
giphy.gif

Why would the Rams tell Silver? Because they were dishing out a lot of fake information to appease the NFL and Fisher wanted to give his friend the real scoop.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I love Goff and still prefer him as the pick.

But there's just something about Wentz, he exudes leadership and swag, and it isn't going to take him long to take over that Eagles locker room. He's the anti-Bradford and the overthrows you see on his deep passes in college won't be overthrows in the NFL.

IMO they're both going to be perennial pro bowl level players. Barring injuries of course.

You can't comment on a QB with taking a jab at Bradford in there. Okay, we get it by now.

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
In Goff's interview with Gruden, he spoke about the number and that he always wore 16 and it's presently available so Heaven Can Wait for Tom Jarrod or Jared Goff.
Rams1.jpg

However his Instagram shows him also wearing #9 in high school. ;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
Funny @Memphis Ram anytime I come across a youngster that thinks he's a Quarterback my first question to him is, can you throw under duress?

Yet, it's a shame that most Pro Day, Combine, All Star Game practices sessions/workouts, that I've seen provide very little, if any at all. Hopefully, teams step it up in their private workouts even though a kid with smaller hands can still focus a bit on throwing a wet ball more there then in actual game action when he'll have plenty more on his mind.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
However his Instagram shows him also wearing #9 in high school. ;)

Did see that too and you never know because Bradford took a totally different number, but Austin Davis and Joe Germaine donned 9, Ron Jawarski 16, so here's hoping Goff goes with 16.:cheers:

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I truly believe there's only TWO people who actually know who they're gonna take and that's Fisher and Snead; don't think they've told anyone-----no need to. They're secretive that way (like last year with Gurley); they'll tell everyone else on Thursday. They've had a few play on words, even accidently dropped a hint.....they've always known who they want.
So anyone who has "sources" is probably incorrect.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I truly believe there's only TWO people who actually know who they're gonna take and that's Fisher and Snead; don't think they've told anyone-----no need to. They're secretive that way (like last year with Gurley); they'll tell everyone else on Thursday. They've had a few play on words, even accidently dropped a hint.....they've always known who they want.
So anyone who has "sources" is probably incorrect.

The Rams do like playing it close to the vest, then again the Goff flipping pretty much began after the Phiily move up, pretty hard to pull the wool over the eyes of your basic wound way too tight East Coast writer, if anything they (Phiily) are the ones (sorry Mojo) whom let the cat out of the bag

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams do like playing it close to the vest, then again the Goff flipping pretty much began after the Phiily move up,
:)(Sorry) but as i recall the flip flop happened within about 24-48 hrs after the Rams moved up to #1

Everyone said Wentz initially, then the Goff seed was planted.