Easley Injury (Season Ending)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Would you want a Defense without Easley and Donald?! We can only plug so many holes, and thats barring there are no more injuries going into the season!!

That's not what I am saying. I was responding to the person who said, and I am paraphrasing to the best of memory, " Easley is down so the Rams must sign Donald this week, now!" First, they each play a different position. One plays RE and the other, LE. Second, we know Donald and the Rams will have his contract situation resolved by the start of the regular season. Easley's loss doesn't create more pressure on the Rams to sign Donald any sooner, nor does Donald gain any leverage. If Easley's spot is LDE, then they have to find another player to compete at that spot ; Donald can't help there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wade's scheme is drastically different in that regard.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Easley-Suffers-Season-Ending-Knee-Injury/746e4f24-b69b-4fd3-9a4d-52296e055ea1

Easley Suffers Season-Ending Knee Injury

The Rams were dealt unfortunate injury news to start the fifth day of training camp, as defensive lineman Dominique Easley has suffered a season-ending knee injury.

“We received word that it is going to be an injury that’s going to require surgery, and he’s going to be out for an extended period of time,” head coach Sean McVay told therams.com just after Wednesday’s walk-thru. “But he’s a guy that’s done all the things we’ve asked of him. And we love Dominique. We’re going to embrace him.”

This is, unfortunately, not Easley’s first season-ending knee injury. He tore the ACL in both is right and left knee while playing his college ball at Florida. Easley also finished both of his first two NFL seasons with New England on the club’s injured reserve.

The injury appeared to occur during an 11-on-11 drill during Tuesday’s practice — the first of the season in pads. Easley was seen unable to put weight on his left leg before being carted off the field for more examination.

Easley represents a significant loss for the Rams’ defense, as he was projected to be a starter at the beginning of camp. The defensive lineman was productive in a rotational role for Los Angeles last season, recording 3.5 sacks, 50 total tackles, 21 quarterback pressures, and eight quarterback hits, according to the Rams’ coaches stats.

“It certainly is a big loss for us because he was doing a lot of great things — really counting on him,” McVay said. “But it’s going to open up the opportunity for some other guys to step up, and we accept that and expect that.”

So who will the Rams look to in order to fill the void? McVay sounded like there will be a lot of competition between the inside pass rushers.

“You see guys like Ethan Westbrooks. I think it’s going to make Michael Brockers that much more important not only in base, but in some of those sub packages that we’re running. You look at a guy like Tanzel Smart. I think it opens up the door for Louis Trinca-Pasat — a lot of guys that have done some good things,” McVay said. “But now they’ll get an opportunity to compete with some of our guys that we’re expecting to start, and we’ll see how they do.”

As Easley goes through his rehab process, McVay said the organization will be there to help him.

“Love him,” McVay said. “We’re going to embrace him, and then we’re going to go through this with him together.”

McVay is expected to further address Easley at his press conference following Wednesday's practice.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Easley Suffers Season-Ending Knee Injury
So who will the Rams look to in order to fill the void? McVay sounded like there will be a lot of competition between the inside pass rushers. “You see guys like Ethan Westbrooks. I think it’s going to make Michael Brockers that much more important not only in base, but in some of those sub packages that we’re running. You look at a guy like Tanzel Smart. I think it opens up the door for Louis Trinca-Pasat — a lot of guys that have done some good things,” McVay said. “But now they’ll get an opportunity to compete with some of our guys that we’re expecting to start, and we’ll see how they do.”
Appears that McVay is up to date on the main three DE's who are in direct line to fill the Easley vacancy. He already has Westbrooks in with the 1st team & now they have inserted TCP & one would guess that rookie Tanzel Smart is in the batter box to fill in on our DL. I agree with McVay it does make Brockers the current best talent on this DL.