Easley Injury (Season Ending)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
There's always got to be at least one of these every camp. :( let's hope it's only one this time. Damnt.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh?? That makes zero... And I mean ZERO sense. When was the last time a player sat out an entire year (Palmer does not count)?? AD loses more than he would ever possibly gain in that situation.
Players have threatened to do it plenty of times. Isn't that the point? Not to risk injury in the field when your play exceeds your current contract? It isn't likely but to say it makes ZERO sense is false. If hold outs were literally just about skipping camp then how does that pressure owners?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
This is Westbrooks and Longacre's chance to shine IMO. Hate to lose Easley, but it wasn't totally unexpected that he might go down suddenly to a knee injury. You still have Smart, Fox and LTP and the UDFA to spread out the reps, without AD99 at the moment. Hopefully a silver lining will appear in one of the players above stepping up.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hey, guys, hey, guys... you're not the Ravens. Half their team had knees explode already. One guy is replaceable. And front 7 is your strength.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Big blow. Easley was being counted on after the departure of Hayes in terms of talent up front(different positions but yeah). Somebody gets a chance to step up now, and there's no better time to do it than training camp.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
We'll probably have to dip into the "cuts" scrapheap during preseason, if the injury is serious.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I have a good feeling with Smart even though he might be a bit rough the first 8 games or so. Eager to see what Westbrook can do!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Tough one for Easley, I hoped he'd turn out to be a good addition - doesn't change too many things, at least it's happened now and not in Wk1 - we have time to work on plan B.

I hope its not as serious as some thing DE - get well soon.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Players have threatened to do it plenty of times. Isn't that the point? Not to risk injury in the field when your play exceeds your current contract? It isn't likely but to say it makes ZERO sense is false. If hold outs were literally just about skipping camp then how does that pressure owners?

My opinion is that if he sits ten then there will will be no extension this year...Means he might sit again next year and again he would not get extended...He will give up 2 years and it will cost him a lot of time to make up the difference...Rams would give up what is one of the best defensive players they have ever had....That's a real extreme scenario and I don't see any way they let it happen, but this could get real ugly before it gets settled.....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My opinion is that if he sits ten then there will will be no extension this year...Means he might sit again next year and again he would not get extended...He will give up 2 years and it will cost him a lot of time to make up the difference...Rams would give up what is one of the best defensive players they have ever had....That's a real extreme scenario and I don't see any way they let it happen, but this could get real ugly before it gets settled.....
Yeah I don't think it will either. I think it gets done by the middle of preseason. I was just pointing out that it is a possible. Dez threatened to do a couple of years ago. It's a big risk for the players but it's worth it sometimes for the long term investment

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dominique-easley-suffers-serious-knee-injury

• 2016 Was Easley’s second consecutive year with an overall PFF Grade above 80.0, coming in at 80.2, which ranked 30th out of 125 interior defenders.
  • Easley had played fewer than 276 snaps in his first two seasons but was able play 470 in 2016 setting career highs in sacks (4) and tackles resulting in a defensive stop (19).
%5E77F22666725B28580DED4F9C9A0FEC804F97EB8912AF020246%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So far we look talented and deep in the defensive backfield which could help compensate for the loss of Easley.