Easley Injury (Season Ending)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call Donald NOW
And tell him what? This doesn't change anything for the team. If anything it just makes it so Donald won't report before week 1 now watching somebody get hurt in camp. Colts might be without Luck week 1 we might be without Donald.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And tell him what? This doesn't change anything for the team. If anything it just makes it so Donald won't report before week 1 now watching somebody get hurt in camp. Colts might be without Luck week 1 we might be without Donald.
I was under the impression that Donald would it out the season. But if he's gonna play regardless than nevermind

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No offense, but thats pretty morbid. How is someone elses injury going to benefit Donald?

Based on the assumption that they were both going to start at the defensive ends positions. If Donald threatens to sit out, and this is an ACL tear, that leaves us with no one of quality to start at defensive end. In order to get at least one starter in here, the Rams will be tempted to give in to Donald's demands.

And the threat of Donald sitting out at least the 10 games he's allowed to is real. He's clearly focused on money right now and this is a golden opportunity to get more.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was under the impression that Donald would it out the season. But if he's gonna play regardless than nevermind
Huh?? That makes zero... And I mean ZERO sense. When was the last time a player sat out an entire year (Palmer does not count)?? AD loses more than he would ever possibly gain in that situation.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Not a good thing because he finally survived and played a full season last year.

Truth is Easley had bad knees and injury issues since his college days at Florida and with the Patriots.

We all know way too well the sad reality of the NFL. There will be more Rams injuries of various degrees before the season opener.

I don't like it one bit but every team will need to have some good fortune for their core players to survive camp, preseason and the duration of the regular season.

This is the short list for the Rams that comes to mind. And don't anybody use the Jinx or Curse crap because Injury History is what it is and by posting it means nothing more than being aware.

Everyone knows the rest of these guys could be fine all season and some others that have been durable can jump to the top of the list.

D. EASLEY- KNEE (could be lost for season)
Robert QUINN- BACK
EJ GAINES- FOOT
Josh FORREST- KNEE
LeMarcus Joyner- currently on the PUP will his injury linger?
Maurice ALEXANDER- currently on the PUP will his injury linger

John SULLIVAN- BACK
Rodger SAFFOLD- SHOULDERS
Rob HAVENSTEIN- FOOT
Todd GURLEY- KNEE
Nelson SPRUCE- KNEE-Leg
Lance DUNBAR- KNEE-currently on the PUP
Tavon Austin-WRIST- current soft tissue ?

ambulance.jpg

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Not a good thing because he finally survived and played a full season last year.

Truth is Easley had bad knees and injury issues since his college days at Florida and with the Patriots.

We all know way too well the sad reality of the NFL. There will be more Rams injuries with of various degrees before the season opener.

I don't like it one bit but every team will need have good fortune for their core players to survive camp, preseason and the duration of the regular season.

This is the short list for the Rams that comes to mind. And don't anybody use the Jinx or Curse crap because Injury History is what it is and by posting it means nothing more than being aware.

Everyone knows the rest of these guys could be fine all season and some others that have been durable can jump to the top of the list.

Robert QUINN- BACK
EJ GAINES- FOOT
Josh FORREST- KNEE

John SULLIVAN- BACK
Rob HAVENSTEIN- FOOT
Todd GURLEY- KNEE
Nelson SPRUCE- KNEE-Leg

ambulance.jpg
Seriously this team is going to need a triage tent on its sidelines. Why are we plagued with so much injuries?...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We all know way too well the sad reality of the NFL. There will be more Rams injuries of various degrees before the season opener.

I don't like it one bit but every team will need have good fortune for their core players to survive camp, preseason and the duration of the regular season.

Robert QUINN- BACK
EJ GAINES- FOOT
Josh FORREST- KNEE

John SULLIVAN- BACK
Rob HAVENSTEIN- FOOT
Todd GURLEY- KNEE
Nelson SPRUCE- KNEE-Leg

ambulance.jpg
That injury list really isn't much different or worse than every team.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Lmao. This team cannot ever even make it through training camp without a major, season-ending injury to one of its better starters. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. This team is cursed.

And this team was never going to compete for a Super Bowl this year, with or without Aaron Donald. If he won't honor his contract the man can sit. And that is totally independent of Easley's health. If Donald only had 1 year left on his deal I might have more sympathy. But he has 2. At some point you have to draw the line and refuse to be strong armed. I mean, what's next?! We draft a generational talent 1st overall, he balls out his rookie year as expected, and then holds out for more dollars going into year 2? Give me a break.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
That injury list really isn't much different or worse than every team.

You are exactly right.. I only listed them because they are Rams and some of them are key starters.. I forgot Jamon Brown who has also been injured the last 2 seasons.

Anyway, I was just mentioning that there is a recent injury history for some key players and like any team, a chance they might get banged up again. We have to hope our depth is capable to step in and hold up should a few go down for any length of time. No doubt several teams are in the same boat.

Rainram

Starter
Am I the only one who thinks this puts pressure on AD? The team needs you that much more in this moment. He'd lose points with some people if he still holds out.

It's one thing if one guy misses a few days of camp.

It's another to let your DLine be in complete flux and go through most, if not all, of training camp with only 1/3 of its DLine.

About time to step up big fella.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
DAMNN!!! Looks like being snake bitten is not skipping this era of Ram football either :mad::mad::(

But in all seriousness, this sucks. We WILL prosper. There's a reason why Coach Bum and his coaches have such a strong reputation. They can COACH!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who thinks this puts pressure on AD? The team needs you that much more in this moment. He'd lose points with some people if he still holds out.

It's one thing if one guy misses a few days of camp.

It's another to let your DLine be in complete flux and go through most, if not all, of training camp with only 1/3 of its DLine.

About time to step up big fella.
He's not holding out for the team this doesn't really change anything. He's holding out for him, who knows if he returns without a deal or not. I really hope the FO doesn't panic and make a bad contract offer.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok..so we only 72 sacks this year instead of 82...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. I mean, what's next?! We draft a generational talent 1st overall, he balls out his rookie year as expected, and then holds out for more dollars going into year 2? Give me a break.

Impossible. Under the current cba a rookie contract can't be extended until after their 3rd season. Thus Aaron Donald. Not sure how the rams weren't ready for it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one reason why I wasn't comfortable counting on Easley as a starter. But we'll be fine. Next man up.