EARLY RANT THREAD and VENT THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thordaddy said:
Every Bradford detractor is about to find out......he's what's right with this team

Do we know what his injury is?
Truth bomb.

Again,with Seattle coming in next week we may see an NFL record for QB futility in one game if Bradford is out.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Lesson said:
CGI_Ram said:
Here's a big vent for me:

WTF has happened to this defense?

Is it really Walton?

WTF!!!!!? It's loaded with top of the draft talent!!!

I am not happy when the offense sputters... but this defense was on a trajectory to be top 10 after last year. What has happened??

While I don't think the D played up to its potential today, I don't think they played poorly. Run D was pretty good compared to last week.

Pass D, now that I look at the stats, didn't seem too good, but I can't remember a play aside from Smith's TD that I thought was a result of a DB's play.

We kept the SS up in the box quite often to neutralize the run, leaving some gaps in coverage at medium range. There were a couple of plays early where the receiver caught the ball without a Rams player within 5 yards of him. The remainder of the yardage was gained by either Cam extending the play or YAC yards after some poor tackling by the secondary.

fearsomefour

Legend
SaneRamsFan said:
You can blame the refs for this debacle if you want. I agree all the personal foul stuff was handled like a bunch of amateur refs. I kept track of plays made by the rams to help their chances of winning and plays to hurt their chances. Score was 12-4. Guess which was which. Also I feel compelled to mention one of the negative plays was jake long llaying flat on his back and commiting a trj pping penalty that cost a td, against a player that had no chance to make a play. The most disturbing part was that was a pretty common sight today, the jake long on his ass thing. Ive amlways felt penalties are a coachable issue. We had five legitimate pppenalties called against us today that directly affected our chances of winning.either negating a first down giving the panthers a first down on third down or negating a score. That combined with the drops is why this game was lost. Worrisome at a level deeper than the loss.

Agreed. Long seems to lose his feet a lot....and the tripping call was the right call.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't agree with most of this.

The refs were horrible, that's a fact.

TA made a rookie mistake that cost the rams the ball, but had a very good game overall. Bradford was very good. Stacy was very good. The play calling was not consistently good, but a lot of it was.

I love that they used TA on kick returns and hope they keep him there. I love that they came out throwing down field. The pick 6 was a fluke. Running was impressive overall. The J Long penalty looked like a fluke that caused us a TD.

Quick had the dropsies. That hurt. The run d was very good.

For the first time this season, I see this a loss caused by the youth of team.

If Bradford is not injured too bad, I like where they are headed. If the ball and refs bounce our way some this game, they could have won pretty handily.

A55VA6

Legend
I want to say this.. What a nice catch and TD for Tavon even though it got called back. His returns were pretty good as well. He's got the ability to play in the NFL and we see glimpses of stardom. Hopefully it can continue.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
This will probably be my last post for awhile. Having my heart continually ripped out by this team over the past 43 years is bringing me to the conclusion that I need to find something better to do than watch continued disappointment each week. Each year brings renewed enthusiasm that it could be the year we get over the hump and prove that we belong. Today was just another one of those games that makes me shake my head and wonder why I sit and watch this crap... and it was. Blame can be shared by everyone from the players, coaches, referees, etc.

Not knowing the extent of Sam's injury, this is the only point I am going to make about this teams success/failure for the remainder of the season. IMO, the season comes down to one area that needs to take control of this team and that is the offensive line. Everything starts there. These guys need to take this team and hoist them on their shoulders and carry them through the rest of the season. Give our QB, whoever it is, time to throw, open the running lanes for the backs, and give second, third and fourth efforts. I don't see this team winning until this happens. We can't count on the receivers making big plays, so we will need to resort to the "dink and dunk" passing game, and that's okay if the running game becomes dominant. It appears, that the defense read too much of the press clippings over the off-season and think all they need to do is show up and play. I'm not sure what the happened to this defense, but they play too soft and lost the edge they played with last season. Special teams has been lackluster to say the least. Coaching has been terrible too. I could care less when people use the "youth" excuse as to why this team is struggling. If the coaches refuse to stress fundamentals and discipline, this team will continue to play like they did today. And it appears to me that they don't because we continue to see bone-headed mistakes.

I'm tired of the excuses! These guys are paid to play football. Come to practice everyday to get better. Play your asses off on Sunday. You make a mistake, then you come back and make a play on the next down. You continue to make mistakes then you get benched. Too much talent on this team to see this BS! This team needs a gut check, and it starts right now!

Great talking with other fans on this sight over the past couple years, but I think it's time I take a giant step back. I would love nothing better than this team to finish strong! And I will always be a RAMS fan! I wish all of you the best.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I said it earlier, people are getting mad at the refs for calls like the tripping on Long. Did they let some of it get out of hand. You bet. But to say we lost becuase of the refs I don't get. Young team or not you have to play smart and not put yourself into a position to even give the refs the chance to make those calls.

Long tripped the guy, it was obvious what he was doing. Point is he didn't need to and it killed the largest play of the game for us. You just can't do it. Just like Dahl, protecting your QB or not, can't run on the field and get stupid penalties. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact the guys were playing with passion and for eachother. But you have to control that energy. I will admit it seemed a little one sided but we all know what happens, last to react always gets the call against him.

Pick 6, Austin fumbles when we're driving and they go get points., Quick drops an easy TD catch.
Long's stupid trip negates a perfect 70 yard bomb.

Add it all up and we're talking a 20 point swing and plenty of field position lost.

That's why we lost and continue to lose. Young, stupid growing pains.

Think of it like this- When was the last time the youngest team in the NFL won a SB or even made the playoffs?
Sucks, but is what it is. We'll get better, I believe that and I think 2014 is our year.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Ok so the pick six was a fluke. And long sticking his foot out in front of the defensive player was a fluke. And those legitimate penalties that cost us possesions were flukes. And that nonsensical playcall on 4th and goal was a fluke. And all those drops? Those were flukes. We sure got lots of flukes. Sorry. This was a horribly undisciplined game that should have been won. If it werent for all those pesky flukes.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
SaneRamsFan said:
Ok so the pick six was a fluke. And long sticking his foot out in front of the defensive player was a fluke. And those legitimate penalties that cost us possesions were flukes. And that nonsensical playcall on 4th and goal was a fluke. And all those drops? Those were flukes. We sure got lots of flukes. Sorry. This was a horribly undisciplined game that should have been won. If it werent for all those pesky flukes.

Who said any of it was a fluke?

RamzFanz

Damnit
SaneRamsFan said:

I'm not saying that. There were mistakes for sure.

The luck didn't go our way and neither did the refs. I'm just saying it wasn't all bad.

Stacy and Richardson combined for 95 total yards. That's pretty good against a strong D.

Quick had 97 yards. They threw to 9 different players.

Again Austin showed he's the real deal.

It was ugly for sure but I like what they showed they COULD do under better circumstances.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
Here's a big vent for me:

WTF has happened to this defense?

Is it really Walton?

WTF!!!!!? It's loaded with top of the draft talent!!!

I am not happy when the offense sputters... but this defense was on a trajectory to be top 10 after last year. What has happened??

It's a combination of people overrating the Rams players and the DC, Walton.

Jenkins is NOT the BPOT, like some kept proclaiming he was. Johnson should play FS in the NFL. The rest of our safeties are bad(excluding McD). Langford was a bad FA pickup as was Finnegan(really bad one there). Our DE's don't play the run very well.

Walton doesn't play nearly aggressive enough. He plays our CB's way too far off. Not enough blitzes. No creativity.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
RamzFanz said:
SaneRamsFan said:

I'm not saying that. There were mistakes for sure.

The luck didn't go our way and neither did the refs. I'm just saying it wasn't all bad.

Stacy and Richardson combined for 95 total yards. That's pretty good against a strong D.

Quick had 97 yards. They threw to 9 different players.

Again Austin showed he's the real deal.

It was ugly for sure but I like what they showed they COULD do under better circumstances.

I think we actually agree here. I will quit tiptoeing around my real issu. The mistakes that happened here today had nothing to do with ability. Undisciplined ppenalty riddled teams that turn the ball over and constantly drop ppasses are in my oppinion poorly coached. This staff needs to take a long look in the mirror. I am not freaking out here aand saying fire everybody, im just saying its part of the equation in why we have been generally bad this year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm depressed eating now.

*much *munch.... STUPID GAME.... *munch *munch

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
mr.stlouis said:

I feel your pain bro. 3 icecream cones box of dots a pizza grahm crackers and another icecream cone (drumsticks)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
SaneRamsFan said:
mr.stlouis said:

I feel your pain bro. 3 icecream cones box of dots a pizza grahm crackers and another icecream cone (drumsticks)

Now you're talking'...

had

Rookie
V3 said:
It's a combination of people overrating the Rams players and the DC, Walton.

Jenkins is NOT the BPOT, like some kept proclaiming he was. Johnson should play FS in the NFL. The rest of our safeties are bad(excluding McD). Langford was a bad FA pickup as was Finnegan(really bad one there). Our DE's don't play the run very well.

Walton doesn't play nearly aggressive enough. He plays our CB's way too far off. Not enough blitzes. No creativity.

Hmm. I'm wondering -- the Rams defensive personnel -- not what we thought? Not enough talent in the defensive backfield, or on the ends (in run support)?

I like the personnel. Seems like the guy running the D thinks his defensive backfield can't get the job done and is game planning with their failure in mind. Maybe I'm wrong. Seems like Jenkins has taken a step backwards in his effectiveness. Why would that be, I wonder?

Doesn't it seem, looking at this defense, that they're kind of like the offense was under McDaniels? Kind of lost, kind of floundering?

Hopefully these kids can start making more plays. Doesn't seem like their coordinator is helping them to do that.

All I'm gonna say is, wow, it's like St. Louis is immune to good football. We literally sold our souls for 1999-2004. It's like that was a dream, now.... and all along the reality has been this nightmare.

So, so much pain right now.

khel72

Rookie
Walton has this defense playing like the Detroit defense he came from. Undisciplined and Lots of stupid penalties. At some point you have to address the issue and it starts with the head coach. We continually draft guys with "high ceilings" that can't do the fundamentals like catch a ball or block. Give us some guys that are solid and can play smart. But most of all please don't give us Tebow! Totally feel better now!