Eagles trying to trade OG Evan Mathis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Mathis for a 5th, mark me down. That's a bloated contract for an old lineman and we've been bitten enough.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
We don't have a 5th, and he was on IR last year with an MCL strain.
Tempting, but scary to me.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Complete speculation, but I think this impacts Blalock and Wisniewski's asking price, if for no other reason than Mathis is a stud player and there is no way those 2 guys are going to make more than him.

Mathis is probably worth at least a 4th, especially considering his term.

Whiskey guy is worth no more than three million a year. Hudson was worth a third less than what he got, too.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Eagles trying to run the Wing T offense...

Per my sources, Mathis is a Ram
image.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
So the rumor is we are trading Tavon farkin' Austin before giving him ONE season with a starting caliber QB, after trading up to get him only TWO years ago?
For a ZBS guard in the twilight of his career and has the scent of Scott Wells on him...?

I think that might really pee pee me off.

The scary (and mutually exciting) thing is that this offseason, any rumor, no matter how batshit cray-cray it is, has to be considered a possibility.
I really don't like Tavon at all and that would make me mad. That should tell you how bad that trade would be.

V3

Hall of Fame
What about Givens for Mathis? Maybe Givens and Jones for Mathis?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would be very surprised if ATL isn't in the hunt.
He seems a better fit for Shanahan.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon's salary is about $3.5 mil this year, it would be a $7.5 mil cap hit to trade him. I wouldn't expect that to happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon's salary is about $3.5 mil this year, it would be a $7.5 mil cap hit to trade him. I wouldn't expect that to happen.

The cap hit to trade him would be around $3.8 million. The new team takes on his guaranteed base salaries.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Complete speculation, but I think this impacts Blalock and Wisniewski's asking price, if for no other reason than Mathis is a stud player and there is no way those 2 guys are going to make more than him.

Mathis is probably worth at least a 4th, especially considering his term.
Good then the Rams need to grab Blalock and Wisniewski' now!