Eagles trying to trade OG Evan Mathis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Don't like his age or contract. Unless it's for a low round pick, no thanks. I know I've been beating the O-lineman drum but I don't want to get a high priced player that will likely be slowing down and getting dinged up a lot(See Scott Wells). This would be a 1 year patch, IMO. If the Eagles ate a lot of his salary and only asked for like a 5th round pick, then sure.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Well it looks like Chip is trying to trade his whole squad. Lets start putting in offers for his best players.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'm hoping we aren't in the mix. That our "interest" is only possibly driving down Blalock's price. Age, big contract and zone blocking scheme doesn't scream out he'll be a good pick up for us.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm sure the Rams are "kicking the tires" on what a trade would be like as someone said earlier but his age and lack of talent in power blocking probably means that's all we'll do...

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
No thanks, 34 is borderline ancient, even for an OL. Dont want to lose any draft picks over an old guy.
What I envision, and hope for, is getting together 5 good linemen and letting them grow together as a unit. Impossible to do when you're bringing in older free agents every year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Since Snead apparently has the NFCE hypnotized, he may as well offer them one of his old fishing lures and a CD of Michael Buble'.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
This guy is a top guard...I'm all for it, his salary is decent too. I really think GROB will benefit from having this guy line up next to him

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm okay with a six or seven. Didn't realize he was so old. But six and seven round picks are virtually needles in a haystack. Most of ours in years past are long gone.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Evan Mathis - G - Eagles
The Philadelphia Daily News' Les Bowen reports a trade of Evan Mathis is "indeed close."

The team trading for Mathis is unclear at this time. The Dolphins have been rumored as having interest, although Miami beat writers have thrown some cold water on that. The Rams are also believed to be in the running for Mathis.

Source: Philadelphia Daily News
Mar 12 - 4:22 PM

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'd give a 6 this year and a 6 next for him if that's what it takes to get him done.