Eagles trying to trade OG Evan Mathis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
I like him more than Blalock, especially if the Rams plan on going OL in the first 2 rounds.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We get Mathis, give them their #2 back for next year, scrap any conditional pick in return - and call it a day?

wmc540

Pro Bowler
We get Mathis, give them their #2 back for next year, scrap any conditional pick in return - and call it a day?

I think you would have to make the trade conditional on the other conditions not being fulfilled. That would be epic lol.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

I wouldn't give up a 2nd for a 34 year old high paid guard. hes no more than a one year stop gap if that.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Noooo, that seems way too much. Isn't this guy getting up there in age? He's solid for sure, but a premium pick? I would say a fourth would be fair.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

I wouldn't give up a 2nd for a 34 year old high paid guard. hes no more than a one year stop gap if that.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Noooo, that seems way too much. Isn't this guy getting up there in age? He's solid for sure, but a premium pick? I would say a fourth would be fair.

Irish

Starter
He is worth a 5th-7th, they will probably get a 4th from someone.

The OL market this year SUCKS

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
From an article last offseason:

Eagles also shopping Evan Mathis

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Eagles-also-shopping-Evan-Mathis.html

Add another Pro Bowler to the list of players the Eagles are shopping.

Guard Evan Mathis has been placed on the market, according to NFL sources, who confirmed an NFL Network report Wednesday morning.

Mathis, who was voted first team All Pro by the Associated Press last season, wants a new contract, according to a source close to the situation. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, approached the Eagles about a new deal in February and the team responded by suggested a trade, NFL sources said.

Rosenhaus shopped Mathis around at the NFL combine in Indianapolis in February and since then, but there haven't been many nibbles from teams. The Eagles view Mathis as a very good guard in their system, which requires a good deal of zone blocking, but many other teams have been lukewarm about him because he's not considered a traditional mauler, league sources said.

--

Maybe I'm not crazy. But then I look at the list of teams and I'm pretty sure none of them run a ZBS.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yes. This makes sense on why they haven't gone all in on an OL yet, if we're negotiating with them. I'd give them their 4th back. Yeah, he's getting older, but he also didn't play much until he was like 28-30, so less wear and tear on the body.

He's the best OG in the game.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
What use do we have for
A pro bowl guard?

What? Like Davin Joseph?

We've been bit by the old FA offensive linemen too often in the past for me....

That said I can imagine he'd fill a hole for us for one year allowing us to draft a stud WR in the first round - then replace him next year with a plug and play first round pick.

TxRamsFan

UDFA
Older guy? Yes. Productive? Absolutely.

Attachments

• 2015-03-12-13-30-26.png
    2015-03-12-13-30-26.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 175

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
From an article last offseason:

Eagles also shopping Evan Mathis

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Eagles-also-shopping-Evan-Mathis.html

Add another Pro Bowler to the list of players the Eagles are shopping.

Guard Evan Mathis has been placed on the market, according to NFL sources, who confirmed an NFL Network report Wednesday morning.

Mathis, who was voted first team All Pro by the Associated Press last season, wants a new contract, according to a source close to the situation. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, approached the Eagles about a new deal in February and the team responded by suggested a trade, NFL sources said.

Rosenhaus shopped Mathis around at the NFL combine in Indianapolis in February and since then, but there haven't been many nibbles from teams. The Eagles view Mathis as a very good guard in their system, which requires a good deal of zone blocking, but many other teams have been lukewarm about him because he's not considered a traditional mauler, league sources said.

--

Maybe I'm not crazy. But then I look at the list of teams and I'm pretty sure none of them run a ZBS.
Most importantly. We don't.
I wouldn't give anything for him.