Eagles trying to trade OG Evan Mathis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well i don't know, but we'd better get SOMEONE signed who can block.

jjab360

Legend
I'd trade a 6th for him. We need an OG bad and Mathis is elite. 33 years old sucks though, and a decent sized contract to boot. Can't trade away anything of actual value for him.

jjab360

Legend
They might be looking for another player for player trade, though.

I'd trade Tavon for Mathis and our 5th round pick back.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Anyone hear the rumor that the Rams are trading Tavon Austin for Mathis? One of my boys here in Philly said that is the rumor.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I want Sneads head on a stick if Austin goes for Mathis. Unless they throw in there late first round pick too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd be open to trading Tavon, but not for an old Guard who may not be any good 2 years from now.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I want Sneads head on a stick if Austin goes for Mathis. Unless they throw in there late first round pick too.
It would make sense since Tavon is just the type of explosive player that Chip covets but there has to some other compensation seeing that Tavon was the #8 pick just two years ago. I know the Rams have not utilized him to his potential but there is a lot of value in a guy who can change a game like Tavon can. We will see I guess.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
They might be looking for another player for player trade, though.

I'd trade Tavon for Mathis and our 5th round pick back.

No way.

Tavon's going to be an absolute star.

Let me just edit this - we need a guard yes - but Mathis is on the downslope now - so you get 2 years maybe out of him - and for that you swap a young kid full of potential? We can find a guard elsewhere.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Chip Kelly would need bodyguards if he did that. A first would be too expensive for T.Austin.
I'd take their 3rd rounder and Mathis for Austin.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So the rumor is we are trading Tavon farkin' Austin before giving him ONE season with a starting caliber QB, after trading up to get him only TWO years ago?
For a ZBS guard in the twilight of his career and has the scent of Scott Wells on him...?

I think that might really piss me off.

The scary (and mutually exciting) thing is that this offseason, any rumor, no matter how batshit cray-cray it is, has to be considered a possibility.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I like the player but at 34 that's too old for me. No more of these older players that are on the decline. Sign younger guys going into their primes or draft some lineman. He may have played well last season but his play could nosedive very soon. I'll pass and I hope the Rams do too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're trading Tavon for Mathis? I cannot believe that one for a second.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Eagles trying to run the Wing T offense...

Per my sources, Mathis is a Ram

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Eagles trying to run the Wing T offense...

Per my sources, Mathis is a Ram

2015-profecias-nostradamus.jpg