draft picks by position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Fortunately, the coaching Compensatory picks don't count towards that total of four, so we get the third on top of the 5, 6, 6, 6.
Thanks Dude, I wasn't sure how that worked. Makes sense otherwise you get penalized to a degree.

RamsinNV

UDFA
We get one 3rd round pick this year, and one next year.

Not sure why I had thought that it wasn’t until next year. Glad to hear it will be this year and next.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Backup? Sure.

Heir apparent? No way. We need someone better than Wentz as Stafford’s long-term successor.

Personally, I would be looking to draft our next QB1 in 2025. This year should be all about filling the defence with legitimate talent.

I wonder if the Rams will draft a QB #1 or trade picks to get a proven QB1?

Ram65

Legend
Speed speed and more speed. Add some nastiness too. Keep getting football guys.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends entirely on free agency. I hope they secure our two biggest needs (edge, corner) there. Then the draft is a fun game of win-win.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I wonder if the Rams will draft a QB #1 or trade picks to get a proven QB1?
I think that this might be a key indicator of McVays future plans. If he drafts a QB he is planning to stay long term, but if he doesn't he might be planning to leave when AD, Kupp, and Stafford does in a Year or two. Especially if they win another ring.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
WR is not an immediate need if Kupp stays healthy. This is a very good WR class, though, so I’d consider a “luxury pick” if the right guy falls.

OT comes down to whether we think the No. 19 pick could yield a clear upgrade over Jackson.

Not sure what your point is on CB. I said its a priority for Rounds 1-3.

The rest of your comments likewise don't seem to be addressing anything I said.
With a head coach/OC like McVay, WR is ALWAYS a need!!! Demarcus Robinson signs, not so much. We have Kupp who's missed 20% of the games over his 7 year career. And I don't think he was fully healthy all season. That ain't good. We have Puka. We have Atwell. We have Skowronek. We NEED another WR. Probably 2......another rookie and a vet signing.....if we don't sign Robinson. If we do, just a rookie will do.

Ironically, CB is ALWAYS a need too. It's a passing league. You need to stop the pass. I have a higher opinion of Kendricks than most but what do I know? Durant is good. Tomlinson? Haven't seen him enough but second year coming. Could be a big jump. We need to draft a CB and sign a vet. Same as WR.

I think we need another RB too. And a TE. Allen looks good. Higbee is injured and will be on PUP. Long? He's a blocking TE. We need another receiving TE. If he can block too, all the better. TE is a need.

OL? Sure. Always a need.
Edge is a huge need. (Passing league)
I'd like another ILB too.
QB? Sign Wentz. Draft one next year. Or take one lower this year.

If I were to list the positions of need from highest to lowest, I'd say:

Edge
WR
CB
OL
TE
RB
ILB
S
QB
DT
PK