draft picks by position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Snead's MO has been to trade #1 picks for proven talent. But we won't know until free agency is settled.

Wentz looks like he can still play. Hopefully the Rams find a way to keep him as Stafford's back up and heir apparent.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Wentz looks like he can still play. Hopefully the Rams find a way to keep him as Stafford's back up and heir apparent.
Backup? Sure.

Heir apparent? No way. We need someone better than Wentz as Stafford’s long-term successor.

Personally, I would be looking to draft our next QB1 in 2025. This year should be all about filling the defence with legitimate talent.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Have to edit this...just discovered we apparently don't have Denver's pick in the 6th. NFL.com shows that was used to trade up for Zach Evans last yr.
Never mind this. A Ramswire article mentioned this, but GBN shows we traded our own 6th rd pick to Buffalo for the trade up for Evans. So we should still have Denver's pick from the Kenny Young trade.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Snead's MO has been to trade #1 picks for proven talent. But we won't know until free agency is settled.

I could see Wentz in Atlanta if Zac Robinson goes there. Wentz spoke highly of him when talking about how he got him ready to play by learning the playbook quickly.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tankathon picks graphic. Not a bad haul of selection spots. And interesting mock by them for the first three as well.

View attachment 64065
And now we can add 3rd round comp pick, #101 (knocking all down one slot). Puka was picked at 177 last year, so that means we will have seven picks of that number or better, with four later than that. All for now of course, understanding that there will likely be more comp picks added prior to the draft for other coaches).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McClendon seems like a back up at best. At 6-4 306, seems a bit small for an OT or OG, with limited growth potential to get bigger.

Seems he was picked, like Bennett was, to be a back up only. Maybe they looked at his experience and considered him to be a guy that can step in soon, but maybe never good enough to be a full time high level starter.

So I am a little disappointed in that pick. Why draft an OT who is that small.

Well I’m not going to write off a 22 year old rookie.He is still young & don’t see why you’d think he can’t get bigger stronger.

All good though.It’s nit like there going to cut him until after the preseason the earliest if at all.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Well I’m not going to write off a 22 year old rookie.He is still young & don’t see why you’d think he can’t get bigger stronger.

All good though.It’s nit like there going to cut him until after the preseason the earliest if at all.
I don’t see McClendon becoming an elite starter, but I could quite easily envisage his becoming our “sixth man” on the OL.

WestCoastRam

Legend
McClendon seems like a back up at best. At 6-4 306, seems a bit small for an OT or OG, with limited growth potential to get bigger.

Seems he was picked, like Bennett was, to be a back up only. Maybe they looked at his experience and considered him to be a guy that can step in soon, but maybe never good enough to be a full time high level starter.

So I am a little disappointed in that pick. Why draft an OT who is that small.
Hard to know without a year in the weight program but given that he's coming from Georgia, he probably was in a mature weight/nutrition program so I think it's safe to assume his frame isn't gonna hold a ton more.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hard to know without a year in the weight program but given that he's coming from Georgia, he probably was in a mature weight/nutrition program so I think it's safe to assume his frame isn't gonna hold a ton more.
I was wondering if they could convert him to center if he has good movements skills and is intelligent and savvy enough to make the switch.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Well, a senior out of a program like Georgia, I dont see that kind of growth potential. And he looks lean. Heck you don't see many 6-4" OTs. And the scouting report states his length is an issue. Just seems like a guy that will never really be a starter.

NFL.com summary:

"A three-year starter and two-time national champion, McClendon has been a hardworking team leader at Georgia. His intangibles, however, are countered by a lack of ideal size, length and athleticism as either a tackle or a guard. McClendon needs to get stronger and will always have issues finding success too far away from home base, but he works to the whistle and has enough pass protection savvy for multi-positional consideration as a backup."

Weaknesses​

• Can’t count on quickness or power as an advantage.
  • Plays with tall pads and narrow base.
  • Defenders able to slip away from sustain tries.
  • Sluggish feet limit his overall range.
  • Change of direction in space is lacking.
  • Gets beaten to his pass punch by length.
  • Galloping heel-clicker in slides to meet speed.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I was wondering if they could convert him to center if he has good movements skills and is intelligent and savvy enough to make the switch.
Maybe... but probably not likely. Better to draft a center, see where Mike McCallister is after a year of training.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
As I've previously noted:

Rd:
1. Fuck 'em picks QB1 Trade up probably to 5 with Chargers. My thoughts it will be Penix or Nix.
2. CB
3. OT
4. Traded for Dotson
5. WR
5. RB
6. LB
6. X2 TBD
7. X3 TBD

I can see them improving depth at DB, LB and OL in the 6th and 7th round.
First, if we were reckless enough to trade to 5 for a QB, we wouldn't retain all of those picks (likely). Secondly, by almost all accounts, Penix/Nix have a high probability of being there at our pick anyways. If we were trading up that high, one of those top 3 QB's would need to be there IMO. Also, none of them are going to help us win next season, so I don't think McVay/Snead have any interest in that. I really wouldn't either at this point. We are a few key positions away from a real shot at taking the West. QB isn't one of them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t see McClendon becoming an elite starter, but I could quite easily envisage his becoming our “sixth man” on the OL.
How will his Rams career compare to Anchrum?

When your talking late round draft picks it’s always a little different of a thing.

Who know where a players career will be as players.You look back at the 2020 Rams draft.Les Sneads worst!! If you wonder why a team doesn’t make The PLAYOFFS?? Yes PLAYOFFS!!!

My point is the Dude is only 22 years old MAN. Can we give the young man a break & let him be him.

Meaning your right in your observation.Who knows.He played at Georgia & won 2 National Titles?? Stenson Bennett is how old ?

When you’re talking O’Line & in the Trenches,it’s a MAN’S GAME!!
If he hits the WEIGHTS HARD the next 3 seasons he could be a freaking STUD at 25 years old & not even in his prime.

I have a whole thing of how I’d build a team. It’s pieces like that that can put you over the Top. If he has a career like Joesph Noteboom it’s successful.

I can see the mentorship working well.Who & how the coaching staff is structured is a good thing. He could get cut as well ? I like the staff (MAUK,Wendle,Zak, & Jones) ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, a senior out of a program like Georgia, I dont see that kind of growth potential. And he looks lean. Heck you don't see many 6-4" OTs. And the scouting report states his length is an issue. Just seems like a guy that will never really be a starter.

NFL.com summary:

"A three-year starter and two-time national champion, McClendon has been a hardworking team leader at Georgia. His intangibles, however, are countered by a lack of ideal size, length and athleticism as either a tackle or a guard. McClendon needs to get stronger and will always have issues finding success too far away from home base, but he works to the whistle and has enough pass protection savvy for multi-positional consideration as a backup."

Weaknesses​

• Can’t count on quickness or power as an advantage.
  • Plays with tall pads and narrow base.
  • Defenders able to slip away from sustain tries.
  • Sluggish feet limit his overall range.
  • Change of direction in space is lacking.
  • Gets beaten to his pass punch by length.
  • Galloping heel-clicker in slides to meet speed.
Senior? He is only 22 years old 4th youngest on the roster.Scouting reports are often wrong.

Solid report though.Give him a full offseason though to at least draw a conclusion.He adds depth none the least.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Senior? He is only 22 years old 4th youngest on the roster.Scouting reports are often wrong.

Solid report though.Give him a full offseason though to at least draw a conclusion.He adds depth none the least.
He isn't getting taller and his arms aren't getting any longer.

RamsinNV

UDFA
And now we can add 3rd round comp pick, #101 (knocking all down one slot). Puka was picked at 177 last year, so that means we will have seven picks of that number or better, with four later than that. All for now of course, understanding that there will likely be more comp picks added prior to the draft for other coaches).
If you are referencing the 3rd round pick for losing Raheem Morris, the first one will not be until next year. That is my understanding anyway.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you are referencing the 3rd round pick for losing Raheem Morris, the first one will not be until next year. That is my understanding anyway.
We get one 3rd round pick this year, and one next year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Sorry, if this has been covered, I have had a crazy work week and very little exposure to the group.

My question is if I remember right each team maxes out at 4 comp pick's and now we gain a 3rd for Rah so I would assume our lowest comp pick drops off and is replaced by the Rah minority coach/exec clause.

This leaves us with the 3rd, 5th and now 2 6ths equaling the maximum of 4?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, if this has been covered, I have had a crazy work week and very little exposure to the group.

My question is if I remember right each team maxes out at 4 comp pick's and now we gain a 3rd for Rah so I would assume our lowest comp pick drops off and is replaced by the Rah minority coach/exec clause.

This leaves us with the 3rd, 5th and now 2 6ths equaling the maximum of 4?
Fortunately, the coaching Compensatory picks don't count towards that total of four, so we get the third on top of the 5, 6, 6, 6.