Don't over-think it, It's time to start rookie QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Goff or Mannion?

• Total voters

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched every snap Keenum has had with the Rams from three different angles and I can say he might be worse than Nick Foles...

I was with you jake until you said this. Foles was so bad I refused to watch any more games while he was starting. And it was costing me $12 per game whether I watched them or not because I had Gamepass. And I hate wasting money.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Some good stuff in your article. I agree our receivers are better than anyone thought they get open quite often But Austin Davis ? Come on he is worse than Keenum.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You do realize that you're telling us you watched 1839 plays. Just now.
613 snaps X 3 = 1839
I just translated this entire thread in to chinese
I'm working on Italian now
I'll let you know when I'm done

Ok, I'm done

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Tell me are you a Case Keenum fan? Because you automatically sound like one.
I am a RAMS fan. Keenum is currently the RAMS starting QB. I support the RAMS starting QB. Therefore, yes....I am a Keenum fan. Keep writing those brilliant articles though bro. Very enlightening...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just translated this entire thread in to chinese
I'm working on Italian now
I'll let you know when I'm done

Ok, I'm done
Daaaaaaaaaannnnnnng!

Did you translate it to Italian from Chinese?

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
It the Rams go 7-9 or 8-8 this year with Keenum at QB that would be a terrible but with Goff at QB for majority or at least half the season then I would be able to swallow that.
You gotta pretty mouth.Just sayin

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was with you jake until you said this. Foles was so bad I refused to watch any more games while he was starting. And it was costing me $12 per game whether I watched them or not because I had Gamepass. And I hate wasting money.

To be fair to Jake, Foles had equally unimpressive numbers at this point in the season. The wheels fell off against Green Bay in the 5th game. But we didn't really realize that until a few weeks later.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
To be fair to Jake, Foles had equally unimpressive numbers at this point in the season. The wheels fell off against Green Bay in the 5th game. But we didn't really realize that until a few weeks later.

The wheels fell off for Foles in Week 2 and Week 3. He had a gritty 3 TD game in Week 4 at Arizona but.............

Week 5 at Green Bay was just more of Week 2 and Week 3 and he proved what Chip Kelly knew all along. Keenum vs Foles vs Austin Davis....... Yikes we are really having this discussion :dizzy:

Week 2 at Washington
17/32 for 150 yards 1 TD.. 0 INT

Week 3 vs Pittsburg
19/28 for 197 yards 0 TD.. 1 INT

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jake, sometimes guys are not ready for the leap to the big time. 32Their enthusiasm is admirable. Their drive will pay off. But they need more coaching and time as an apprentice.
so, is this were Case is?

You do realize that you're telling us you watched 1839 plays. Just now.
613 snaps X 3 = 1839
That's what he said X....no amount of banter is gonna change it....LOLOLOL
I agree our receivers are better than anyone thought they get open quite often
wait a minute?!? You doubted my expert, practice analysis????? You didn't believe in Brian Quick either??????

@jakebogen95

preaching to the choir my man...keep fighting the good fight...when Goff DOES play...that's for YOU mr -X-, they'll all see your wisdom...talent is talent...cream rises to the top...the guy is hurting that...they ACTUALLY BELIEVE that he's no better than Case Keenum...

and really...Fish, Snead, Boras, Weinke, hell anybody that has seen these two side by side throw the ball, is completely wrong if they don't think Goff is not only better, but is a superior option as far as winning games....The same way Case has gotten better(hard to be worse than game 1) Goff will get better...and much better...

Britt needs a Goff.....Quick REALLY needs a Goff...Tavon is handcuffed without a Goff....Gurley is about to get knocked out without a Goff....Hell, play da man....prove US...the fans...the ones that buy the damn jerseys, wrong...

This is becoming a pride thing...sorta like me...every time I see a QB thread, I can't wait to voice my opinion on who should be, shoulda been starting at QB for my beloved RAMS....and it's a damn shame a team like Buffalo can sneak outta the Coliseum with a damn win because of careless, inept play at the most crucial position on the field....
16-16....3rd quarter....team feeling good...moving...that point right there...PROVES...this guy isn't the game manager he was put out to be....he helped LOSE the game....I guess none of you Keenum apologist care about that....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I seriously doubt anybody on this board said, let alone believes ... that.
Poorly worded....watching these games...my Dodgers are in trouble....

I was trying to say, that Goff...lifetime starter....never road the pine (lucky devil)...never been told, naw, I wanna go with this OTHER QB.....I believe Goff has to be psychologically hurting that people think he can't get the job done.. That he's not better than Keenum.....When he watches a game, does he have that, "put me IN coach attitude?" Is he engaged? Looks like he's sitting back, kinda, like, well, I can't help...I better be quiet and try to learn...At least, that's how it looks....I'm hoping it hasn't killed his confidence....He should be chomping at the bit to PROVE, man I woulda hit that throw...I woulda side stepped that pressure...he should be really ready to take his spot...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Poorly worded....watching these games...my Dodgers are in trouble....

I was trying to say, that Goff...lifetime starter....never road the pine (lucky devil)...never been told, naw, I wanna go with this OTHER QB.....I believe Goff has to be psychologically hurting that people think he can't get the job done.. That he's not better than Keenum.....When he watches a game, does he have that, "put me IN coach attitude?" Is he engaged? Looks like he's sitting back, kinda, like, well, I can't help...I better be quiet and try to learn...At least, that's how it looks....I'm hoping it hasn't killed his confidence....He should be chomping at the bit to PROVE, man I woulda hit that throw...I woulda side stepped that pressure...he should be really ready to take his spot...
Yeah, I don't know about all that.
He seems to be fully on board with the process, and he knows this job is his for the next decade +.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The wheels fell off for Foles in Week 2 and Week 3. He had a gritty 3 TD game in Week 4 at Arizona but.............

Week 5 at Green Bay was just more of Week 2 and Week 3 and he proved what Chip Kelly knew all along. Keenum vs Foles vs Austin Davis....... Yikes we are really having this discussion :dizzy:

Week 2 at Washington
17/32 for 150 yards 1 TD.. 0 INT

Week 3 vs Pittsburg
19/28 for 197 yards 0 TD.. 1 INT

Foles's first 5 games in 2015
81/141
57.5%
956 yards
6.8 YPA
6 TDs
5 Ints
77.6 QB Rating

Keenum's first 5 games in 2016

88/152
57.9%
1096 yards
7.2 YPA
4 TDs
5 Ints
75.4 QB Rating

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
81/141
57.5%
956 yards
6.8 YPA
6 TDs
5 Ints
77.6 QB Rating

Keenum's first 5 games in 2016

88/152
57.9%
1096 yards
7.2 YPA
4 TDs
5 Ints
75.4 QB Rating
This isn't meant to agree with or dispute anything you said. I was just curious.

Bradford's first 5 games in 2010
115/203
56.7%
1159 yards
5.9 YPA
6 TDs
8 Ints
66.5 QB Rating

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This isn't meant to agree with or dispute anything you said. I was just curious.

Bradford's first 5 games in 2010
115/203
56.7%
1159 yards
5.9 YPA
6 TDs
8 Ints
66.5 QB Rating

Yep. Although, Bradford was a rookie back then. Then again, his first 5 games in 2012 were right on par with what Foles did.

Stats don't tell the whole story. However, I just wish Fisher would let Goff play. Keenum just isn't offering a high enough level of play.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
81/141
57.5%
956 yards
6.8 YPA
6 TDs
5 Ints
77.6 QB Rating

Keenum's first 5 games started in 2016

88/152
57.9%
1096 yards
7.2 YPA
4 TDs
5 Ints
75.4 QB Rating

WOW we have had a rough last 3 years at QB... Hopefully Case can hold court and not loose these next 2 games by being safe or careless for that matter...

Austing went 2-3 his first 5 games but a had better TD/INT Ratio than Foles/Keenum

Austin Davis first 5 games in 2014

9 TD.. 3 INT.. 2 Pick 6's.. at least 2 fumbles returned for TD's

1.. 22/29 235 yards 0 TD.. 0 INT
2.. 30/42 327 yards 3 TD.. 2 INT 1 for a pick 6
3.. 29/49 375 yards 3 TD.. 0 INT
4.. 21/42 236 yards 1 TD.. 1 INT pick 6
5.. 17/20 155 yards 2 TD.. 0 INT