Don't over-think it, It's time to start rookie QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Goff or Mannion?

• Total voters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok Rams fans I'm a huge Keenum fan. Not because I think he's the greatest QB but because of the guys work ethic and story
What story? Goff will take over at some point, most likely this season. Then Keenum becomes a footnote to Goff's career.

Rick77

UDFA
Name
RICK LAIRD
Stupid penalties, big money man running out of bounds early, #76 costly mistakes, crucial drops and fumbles. And Goff ain't outworking Keenum, thats why he's on the bench.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stupid penalties, big money man running out of bounds early, #76 costly mistakes, crucial drops and fumbles. And Goff ain't outworking Keenum, thats why he's on the bench.

Based on what? Your assumptions?

And are you really claiming other guys aren't giving enough effort because they make mistakes? It's not like Keenum has 6 TOs in 5 games, including 2 pick sixes...

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
lol @ the ppl who are just thumbs downing everything and not even replying to the thread...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sam and Dave's "I'm a Soul Man" is blaring through my iTunes and for a few minutes, the house is empty and I got no problems. Pictures of John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd fill my head as I sit back and enjoy.

Sorry... carry on...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol @ the ppl who are just thumbs downing everything and not even replying to the thread...
Oh, I didn't realize your rapier wit and Shakespearean writing style were going unappreciated.
Which of these would you like to discuss in greater detail?

Tell me are you a Case Keenum fan? Because you automatically sound like one.
A blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
Also if he had any touch whatsoever
The Keenum apologists are really laughable to me.
t's preposterous Keenum is sooo average AT BEST it's just getting on my nerves.

You know, I did give you a very lengthy reply to your other OP, but I guess that wasn't worthy of a counter-reply.
Oh well. Let's see what you bring next time.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually by all accounts he is starting to look like the best QB on the team. Vinny Bonsignore, Jack Wang, Joe Curley all praised Goff and Fisher even said he was ready this week. It's time to start the guy.
I think the Fisher comment is a bit out of context. I thought that he was saying that Goff and Mannion are ready to play as in "they want to be in the game". But anyway, plenty of reporters are saying that goff is progressing.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Oh, I didn't realize your rapier wit and Shakespearean writing style were going unappreciated.
Which of these would you like to discuss in greater detail?

You know, I did give you a very lengthy reply to your other OP, but I guess that wasn't worthy of a counter-reply.
Oh well. Let's see what you bring next time.
Not you...I see others thumbs downing everything but not even participating in the discussion

RamWoodie

Legend
When then?
"no doubt he has the arm....but" but what?
What is he missing except for experience?

I think if you revisit last weeks game vs Buffalo you'll get a better sense of why most think it is time
No need to revisit the Buffalo game...if Goff would've been out there the Rams wouldn't have been in the game at all.

You can think what you want but preseason told me all I needed to know about Goff in three words which Fisher stated:

"HE'S NOT READY"...it's obvious too.

This has only to do with taking the time to ensure as best they can that Goff has gained the experience so that when he does start he can have reasonable success.

His time will come. Right now this team is in contention in their division...it's not time to experiment with a rookie that showed he's green!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
No need to revisit the Buffalo game...if Goff would've been out there the Rams wouldn't have been in the game at all.

You can think what you want but preseason told me all I needed to know about Goff in three words which Fisher stated:

"HE'S NOT READY"...it's obvious too.

This has only to do with taking the time to ensure as best they can that Goff has gained the experience so that when he does start he can have reasonable success.

His time will come. Right now this team is in contention in their division...it's not time to experiment with a rookie that showed he's green!

So because he wasn't ready 6 weeks ago, he can't possibly be ready now? Shit, I didn't know it worked that way. Thanks for enlightening us.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm not sure if this has been said, but I kind of feel like Fisher is waiting til the run game gets started. Without a run game life could be hard for a rookie.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I have no faith in Goff but I have hope. That's more than I can say for Keenum, we know what he is.

I say start the kid and lets get this thing moving. 7-9 here we come

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Based on Goff's preseason play. The game was too fast for him then and it's too fast for him now.

How can you be sure? Are you an insider, and get to watch practice? None of us have seen him do anything in 6 weeks.