Don't over-think it, It's time to start rookie QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Goff or Mannion?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell me, what football experience do you have? Any playing experience? Coaching? Scouting? Just curious.....
Tell me are you a Case Keenum fan? Because you automatically sound like one. No, I don't but I watch tape every night and I am trying to get my knowledge to that point. Hate on me all you want I couldn't care less but the fact is this. Keenum is horrible, he misses reads, he misses throws, yes the line sucks but when it doesnt keenum is just terrible. Watch Carson Wentz in the same types of situations and tell me that Keenum is good. Watch Dak Prescott. I'm really tired of the Keenum led us to 3-2 BS! He hasn't done anything. He is carried by an elite defense and a WR group that is among the most underrated I have ever seen. Keenum did nothing he just did what any backup can do. Make throws when receivers are wide open (although he can barely do that). Keenum finally was needed to do more and he proved he can't. It's time for him to take a seat on the bench. Watch the Bills/Rams tape I'm telling you Austin roasted Stephon Gilmore all game and Quick roasted Williams and Britt got open a fair amount of the time when Ronald Darby was on him.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You do realize that you're telling us you watched 1839 plays. Just now.
613 snaps X 3 = 1839
Well "just" was a poor choice of words. I am talking as in this week.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Dumb article.
None of us know how Goff is progressing.
Actually by all accounts he is starting to look like the best QB on the team. Vinny Bonsignore, Jack Wang, Joe Curley all praised Goff and Fisher even said he was ready this week. It's time to start the guy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well "just" was a poor choice of words. I am talking as in this week.
So you really watched one thousand eight hundred and thirty nine plays this week?
Did you also watch all 651 snaps from Foles 3 times (1953 plays) in order to come to the determination that Keenum is worse?

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
So you really watched one thousand eight hundred and thirty nine plays this week?
Did you also watch all 651 snaps from Foles 3 times (1953 plays) in order to come to the determination that Keenum is worse?
Nope, but I can if you want me too. I think Foles was better than Keenum but after the Clay Matthews hit he got destroyed and was never the same. Regardless neither is as good as Austin Davis. I'm still bitter about that. As far as this article goes I was all for us drafting Wentz, I created the Wentz bandwagon in Upstate NY (Yes those same Giants fans that laughed at me hate their lives right now...) but my thing is so Fisher and Snead passed on Wentz. I want to see why and maybe just maybe Goff ends up being really good. You gave up an entire draft for him which stopped your team from improving in my eyes until Goff actually plays. Just let Goff start Keenum has more INTs than TDs and the reason he is the starter is because he supposedly has "ball security"...

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jake, sometimes guys are not ready for the leap to the big time. Their enthusiasm is admirable. Their drive will pay off. But they need more coaching and time as an apprentice.
All I hear is that Goff is taking the step and is apparently ready.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Tell me are you a Case Keenum fan? Because you automatically sound like one. No, I don't but I watch tape every night and I am trying to get my knowledge to that point. Hate on me all you want I couldn't care less but the fact is this. Keenum is horrible, he misses reads, he misses throws, yes the line sucks but when it doesnt keenum is just terrible. Watch Carson Wentz in the same types of situations and tell me that Keenum is good. Watch Dak Prescott. I'm really tired of the Keenum led us to 3-2 BS! He hasn't done anything. He is carried by an elite defense and a WR group that is among the most underrated I have ever seen. Keenum did nothing he just did what any backup can do. Make throws when receivers are wide open (although he can barely do that). Keenum finally was needed to do more and he proved he can't. It's time for him to take a seat on the bench. Watch the Bills/Rams tape I'm telling you Austin roasted Stephon Gilmore all game and Quick roasted Williams and Britt got open a fair amount of the time when Ronald Darby was on him.

I have watched tape and Keenum has done more that you give him credit for. How about those plays he made against Arizona that were called back becaus of penalties? The throws he made to Quick and Austin for TDs vs Tampa Bay? Nah let's just forget those and scrutinize every bad throw he makes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
but my thing is so Fisher and Snead passed on Wentz. I want to see why and maybe just maybe Goff ends up being really good. You gave up an entire draft for him which stopped your team from improving in my eyes until Goff actually plays. Just let Goff start Keenum has more INTs than TDs and the reason he is the starter is because he supposedly has "ball security"...
You will see if he's better. Just not on your timeline. A lot of us have watched plenty of plays (tape, video, film, whatever) of Goff in college, and we can see what the potential is. Regardless of how other rookies are doing, Goff is going to start when this staff can recognize that he's no longer trying to process information and is instead ready to step in with full comfort in what he's doing and ready to command the offense. That's been the declaration for many months. "We don't want to put any pressure on him." and "We want him to just step in and play." So if that takes a little while to come to fruition, then it takes a little while to come to fruition.

And Keenum is not the starter because he supposedly has ball security. He's the starter because he's the guy who, they think, gives them the best chance to win. That includes more than ball security. It means orchestrating the offense, checking at the line, calling protections, making sight adjustments, understanding all of the playbook, and making key throws in key situations (all of which he does and has done). When Goff is at that level, and not just skating along on his potential, then he'll become the starter. They said that too, so it'll happen. Eventually.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I have watched tape and Keenum has done more that you give him credit for. How about those plays he made against Arizona that were called back becaus of penalties? The throws he made to Quick and Austin for TDs vs Tampa Bay? Nah let's just forget those and scrutinize every bad throw he makes.

To be fair, those touchdown throws to Quick and Austin were under thrown and took forever to get to the receivers. On both occasions, the receivers made a good move to break the tackle and score. If a quarterback with a stronger arm was able to make the throw with the receiver in stride, they would have remained untouched

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
A blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
To be fair, those touchdown throws to Quick and Austin were under thrown and took forever to get to the receivers. On both occasions, the receivers made a good move to break the tackle and score. If a quarterback with a stronger arm was able to make the throw with the receiver in stride, they would have remained untouched
Also if he had any touch whatsoever that throw to Quick this past sunday is a TD

fearsomefour

Legend
Actually by all accounts he is starting to look like the best QB on the team. Vinny Bonsignore, Jack Wang, Joe Curley all praised Goff and Fisher even said he was ready this week. It's time to start the guy.
Dumb article was a poor way to put it....I actually enjoyed the article.
Talent wise he was the best QB on the roster when he showed up at camp day 1. So, it really depends how they are gauging stuff. Watching throws in practice doesn't mean the guy is ready to read and play in a real NFL game. Who knows? That is all I am saying.
Just the daily whine about Goff is tiresome. The guy could turn out to be Aaron Rodgers or Klingler, no one knows at this point. I trust the coaches to know what they want, to know when he is ready to start. If the team is winning then it makes it tougher for a coach to pull the trigger.

fearsomefour

Legend
This sort of thought process is not productive.
If Goff started this weekend and struggled, was late on throws, took sacks and threw picks there would plenty of apologizing for him. If Keenum makes some plays and beats a tough team on the road, nearly single handily in terms of offense, then it is luck....nonsense. Everyone understands him limitations. But, he has had some good games this year and some poor ones. This is who he is. But to say plays he does make are luck is just sort of silly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Also if he had any touch whatsoever that throw to Quick this past sunday is a TD
lol. No touch now?

Would you like to see a video of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady doing the same thing?
And don't come at me with their resumes. I'm talking about missing a deep throw on occasion.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

Say what? The TD to Quick was hit in stride. Quick wasn't even touched. The TD to Austin was where it needed to be.

So now every Keenum throw has to be perfect? I thought the job of a playmaker is, you know, to make plays. I can show you more than a handful of not so perfect throws top QBs make that had their WRs make a great play on the ball for a big gain or TD.

Well that squirrel has found more than a dozen nuts. Must not be so blind after all.

nanotech

Rookie
thbs.jpg
thbs.jpg