Don’t Let Their Record Fool You: These Are the Same Old Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've really become much more in control of my temper as I've gotten older. There aren't too many things that get my blood to boil almost instantly anymore...

I tell you what though. If someone uses that sosar line in my presence, they will see that blood boiling in my eyes immediately. They will know that they've just crossed the line with me... and I won't have to say a word.

Them there's fightin words.

Is it just me?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So three in a row isn't new?....Winning two road games within that 3 game win streak, isn't new? No let down after such a huge win over the Hawks, by going on the road and winning vs a non-NFC West opponent, isn't new?

C'mon man.

Same teams different order. If they beat Buffalo, I will start to believe, but this team has fooled me many times before. It takes much more convincing for me to become a believer. I was optimistic coming into the season but that Niners game really set my faith back a few weeks.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
If they are 4 games over .500 at the halfway point (3-1 in the 2nd quarter of the season) then I'll start to believe they may have turned the corner. But they need to get to 10+ wins before I can completely believe. Seen too many 4-5 game losing streaks to be convinced yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Put the stat sheets down and watch a football game, maybe?
But ... DVOA.
How can you dispute the infallible DVOA?

dvoa.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's almost like we're playing a 15 game season. Throw out the tape from the first game and start from scratch. And you're right.

Last 3 games on offense:
21 ppg
312 ypg

Defense:
16 ppg
379 ypg

We always seem to let up a lot of yards but that's kind of our philosophy.

Those numbers are winning football folks. Hopefully we grow more as a team and throughout the season those numbers will improve.
Except it's 18.7 offensive points per game

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I've really become much more in control of my temper as I've gotten older. There aren't too many things that get my blood to boil almost instantly anymore...

I tell you what though. If someone uses that sosar line in my presence, they will see that blood boiling in my eyes immediately. They will know that they've just crossed the line with me... and I won't have to say a word.

Them there's fightin words.

Is it just me?
Preach it bruh.

At least you are on the least coast. I am smack dab in the middle of whiner country. I get in in stereo when the Rams lay down against the mid-19th century claim jumpers. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

And what is with the Rams always laying down for the Whiners Monday Nights???

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
63/4 =18.1

If you don't take out the first game.

If you really want to sugar coat it then take out the first two games and you get 37+ 17=44 /2 = 22 ppg

Or since we really don't know what the offense really is we could do what mathematicians do and exclude the highest and lowest to erase the anomalies and say 9 + 17 = 26 /2 = 13 ppg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
63/4 =18.1

If you don't take out the first game.

If you really want to sugar coat it then take out the first two games and you get 37+ 17=44 /2 = 22 ppg

Or since we really don't know what the offense really is we could do what mathematicians do and exclude the highest and lowest to erase the anomalies and say 9 + 17 = 26 /2 = 13 ppg

Are you drunk man?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I still think the magic number to support this teams defense, special teams prowess and football philosophy is around
24 ppg
That number is only good for 13th in the league as of today but IMO the Rams roll to a 12-4 record if they could somehow reach that average.

15.8 ppg is a futile, uphill battle and puts far too much pressure on all three phases to play a near perfect game every week. We all know this so that's nothing Earth shattering....but i would say that anyone expecting at any point, no matter who the QB is, for this team be a team to be able to regularly score 28-35 ppg is delusional and naive.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still think the magic number to support this teams defense, special teams prowess and football philosophy is around
24 ppg
That number is only good for 13th in the league as of today but IMO the Rams roll to a 12-4 record if they could somehow reach that average.

15.8 ppg is a futile, uphill battle and puts far too much pressure on all three phases to play a near perfect game every week. We all know this so it's nothing Earth shattering....but i would say that anyone expecting at any point, no matter who the QB is, for this team be a team to be able to regularly score 28-35 ppg is delusional and naive.

I totally agree. 24 points a game is enough for the Rams to make the playoffs. Anything less is not. If you cancel the first game then the average looks close to 24 mpg at 22.3, but reality is that three games they scored 0, 9, 17. None of those are 24. With no running game, I don't think it is possible to consistently reach the goal.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
9+37+17=63
63/3= 21

Offensive points average is 18.6, not 21 but you were off by less than a FG. That's not too bad considering our defense is allowing just 14 points per game over the same time. That's more than a FG difference (4.6).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In any event, the 15-20 ppg is just not sustainable. With Cooper and possibly Spruce joining the fray it might give Keenum another inside option.