Don’t Let Their Record Fool You: These Are the Same Old Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Lurk moar...He is just mad. He is pro Seattle he has no impartiality just whining about the Rams blah blah bringing up no hard facts because they can be skewed.I cant believe these idiots get paid. Just another faux news like writer.

noob_ville.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This team has done nothing new. They won two out of three in he division and beat the Bucs. They do that every year. Beating Buffalo and making it 4 in a row? That would be something new. Winning the next two against out of conference teams, would be new.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Until the Rams go above .500 by season's end, can't blame the journalists for the crappy headline. I personally still stand by Fisher getting fired by the end of season unless he has a winning record this year and next. He best prove that he's a consistent HC if he wants to convince me that he can take it another level
What's funny is that now you have to include that caveat "go above 500 by season's end". That never had to included, because I don't know the last time we were 2 games over 500. I agree, that if Fisher doesn't make this team into a winner (9 wins or more), he should be fired.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team has done nothing new. They won two out of three in he division and beat the Bucs. They do that every year. Beating Buffalo and making it 4 in a row? That would be something new. Winning the next two against out of conference teams, would be new.
So three in a row isn't new?....Winning two road games within that 3 game win streak, isn't new? No let down after such a huge win over the Hawks, by going on the road and winning vs a non-NFC West opponent, isn't new?

C'mon man.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
What's funny is that now you have to include that caveat "go above 500 by season's end". That never had to included, because I don't know the last time we were 2 games over 500. I agree, that if Fisher doesn't make this team into a winner (9 wins or more), he should be fired.

The reality is that there is still plenty of games ahead of us, the Bills are 1 of many more to come after. Its all about endurance after this game we need to peak as high as we can now while its still early. Our O is struggling but I am confident they will work in unison as we move forward. I dont know the true difficulty of the Bills but they may be tougher than the Cardinals so I wouldn't take them lightly. We will soon find out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The reality is that there is still plenty of games ahead of us, the Bills are 1 of many more to come after. Its all about endurance after this game we need to peak as high as we can now while its still early. Our O is struggling but I am confident they will work in unison as we move forward. I dont know the true difficulty of the Bills but they may be tougher than the Cardinals so I wouldn't take them lightly. We will soon find out.
I was just pointing out that like clockwork, at whatever point in the season (previous to this one), we almost always slipped back below 500 the next week after. No, the Bills will be tough, and that's why we need to KILL them early, and never let up.

Ram65

Legend
I don't understand why you guys are getting bent out of shape. He is only saying what we all already know. History has shown us that the Rams are really really good at slipping back into mediocrity. As fans we all hope that this is the year we breakout, but less biased and more cynical minds would point to past seasons and ask whats different?

And the only answer we can give is our 3-1 record and hope it continues. I personally disagree with the fellow, but I don't hate him for having a perfectly rational opinion on our team. I actually kind of prefer to be looked at as underdogs.

I thought he had some interesting numbers. It's a slant from a negative angle which really doesn't matter.

A positive slant would be that the defense is making a productive transition from C Long, J Laurinaitis and J Jenkins has been improving and will get better. Alec Ogletree is showing why the Rams moved him to MBLer and a healthy E J Gaines will lessen the lose of Jenkins. The defense is moving up to a top level with an unknown ceiling.

The offense minus the first game has at showed signs of quick strike ability. The first game does skew the offensive numbers. They have managed to do enough to win three games out of four. I little more consistency and less penalties could show more points. At some point in the near future Jared Goff will get a chance to show why the Rams picked him #1. This could be the year the Rams turn the corner and make a playoff appearance.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
0*e9-vb0Vwk1i1QP2H.

The Rams gave the Titans two first-, two second-, and two third-round picks for the opportunity to take Jared Goff no. 1 in April’s draft. Yet, while no. 2 pick Carson Wentz has led the Eagles to an undefeated start, Goff hasn’t left the bench. Until he cracks the starting lineup, L.A.’s offense will go as far as Case Keenum will take it — and that isn’t going to be very far if he continues with a 55 percent completion rate, a 4–3 touchdown-to-interception ratio, 6.8 yards per attempt, and a 77.3 passer rating.

This is completely true. But the Rams haven't played the last 3 games like they played against the niners. Are they the Rams who got blanked or the team who won three straight, 2 straight on the road? Take out the SF game, as I'm sure every Ram coach and player would like to do and Keenum's numbers aren't anywhere near as bad as his 4 game total. He's still got the 55% completion percentage but he's thrown 4 TDs to 1 pick and that pick was a defected pass IIRC. He's averaging 232 yards per game, 8.08 yards per attempt and his QB rating is 94.8. Can he maintain that pace? If he can, I don't think we'll be upset with the results.

Through four weeks, just 22.9 percent of the Rams’ offensive drives have ended in a score (30th in the league). They’re 30th in points per game (15.8), last in yards per play (4.6), 31st in first downs (57), tied for 21st in passing touchdowns (4), and 23rd in yards per attempt (6.8).

Again, in the last 3 games it's 34.4% of drives, which would put them at #19.

After the team signed Tavon Austin to a four-year, $42 million contract extension in August, Fisher clearly wanted to get him to 100-plus catches this year, but the fourth-year wideout hasn’t done his part. The speedy slot receiver has seen 36 targets — almost 30 percent of the team’s total — but has just 16 catches for 159 yards (9.9 yards per catch) and one touchdown.

In comparison, Brian Quick has turned his 14 targets into eight catches, 153 yards (19.1 yards per catch), and three touchdowns, while Kenny Britt has turned 26 targets into 18 catches for 281 yards (15.6 yards per catch). If it isn’t the league’s worst, the Rams’ passing game is certainly among them. So, if they’re going to contend for the playoffs this year, it’s going to be because of their defense.

Who said Tavon got that contract to get 100 receptions? Personally I think that comment (which I've heard before) is ridiculous. He demonstrated some of that contract value on his punt return to set up the winning TD. He's a multifaceted WEAPON. He doesn't have to catch 100 balls to earn that money. He returns punts, gains yards from scrimmage on the ground, catches balls and when he has success doing that he causes defenses to chase him, even if somebody else has the ball.

The Rams are the perfect example of why you shouldn’t trust what happens in Week 1. But they’re a pretty good example for why you shouldn’t trust what happens in weeks 2 through 4 either.

And if they win 3 of their next 4, we shouldn't trust what happens in week 5-8 either right?

FWIW, on the year the Rams defense has allowed a score on 25.5% of drives (19.1% TD; 6.4% FG). They've taken the ball away on 19.1% of drives, 21.3% if you count turnover on downs too. I don't think that's crappy.

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't understand why you guys are getting bent out of shape. He is only saying what we all already know. History has shown us that the Rams are really really good at slipping back into mediocrity. As fans we all hope that this is the year we breakout, but less biased and more cynical minds would point to past seasons and ask whats different?

And the only answer we can give is our 3-1 record and hope it continues. I personally disagree with the fellow, but I don't hate him for having a perfectly rational opinion on our team. I actually kind of prefer to be looked at as underdogs.

I don't have a big problem with what he said, I do have a HUGE problem with the tone of his comments...Say what you think, but don't use a condescending asshole tone..Lots of times what you say is less important than how you say it...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Here was another prediction of his before the season began this year.

44fcb7bc0db640f69348677bf83ba462.png

At a combined 4-8, these are arguably 3 of the most boring teams in the league so far.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I wasn't offended by the article though some of the accuracy from the talking points were out in left field.

The Rams to me after 4 games are the Rocky Balboa of the NFL. They do not win with flashy combinations or fancy foot work but they fight until the last seconds of every round with the heart of a champion.

These 2016 Rams keep punching back no matter how hard they're hit. This team will always have a punchers chance to win and it will break the spirit of many teams that are left on their schedule.

An NFL team with this type of mentality and strong will to win, is a very dangerous opponent in every fight.......

"Come on"!
rocky.gif

Q729

Legend
Started off 5-1, ended 7-9?
I hear ya. I mentioned that same season in one of the other threads; I don't remember which one. Maybe that "What Bills Fans are Saying" one. Anyway, I think that's what makes me jaded right now. lol.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
PA Ram,

Thanks for those stats. When you remove the 1st game, we're actually pretty decent. 21ppg over the last 3; Keenum's stats over the last 3 are pretty good----a 94.8 qbr would definitely get it done. Thanks again.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
PA Ram,

Thanks for those stats. When you remove the 1st game, we're actually pretty decent. 21ppg over the last 3; Keenum's stats over the last 3 are pretty good----a 94.8 qbr would definitely get it done. Thanks again.
It's almost like we're playing a 15 game season. Throw out the tape from the first game and start from scratch. And you're right.

Last 3 games on offense:
21 ppg
312 ypg

Defense:
16 ppg
379 ypg

We always seem to let up a lot of yards but that's kind of our philosophy.

Those numbers are winning football folks. Hopefully we grow more as a team and throughout the season those numbers will improve.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I did something I said I wouldn't this year...I ran through the rest of the schedule and was kind of surprised because I think there are a bunch of very winnable games left...Closing with the Cards (regardless of what they look like right now) and Seattle in their house looks a little rugged maybe...I think this week will tell us a bundle about this team...Bills seem to be the real deal after the last 2 weeks...Cheatriots in Boston (In the middle of winter) doesn't thrill me...As a few have said, long way to go, one week at a time..
Right now, I'm thrilled beyond belief compared to how I've felt a quarter through the season in many moons...GO RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jap

Legend
I don't have a problem with too many journalists anymore because their words rarely matter. I have no problem believing Case will try to win. However, I don;t care too much for the 'Cardiac Kids' approach this offense has taken. I just want them to get to the point where case is effective enough to get the defense to ease up on the hyper attention being paid to the Gurley Man. When the Express! starts to rumble, and Case can fully improvise with play action off of Todd's runs, that's when we will see some serious action.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Going to take more than four games to convince people the Rams are for real.