Do we use the franchise tag?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If so Who?

• Joyner

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • Watkins

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 17.6%

• Total voters

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a little disconcerting that we have four huge free agents in NRC, TruJo, Joyner and Watkins and we don't know what's going on with any of them.

Psycho_X

Legend

Maybe that means the negotiating started officially yesterday once they notified his agent they wouldn't tag him. And maybe that tweet I posted earlier is a sign of good things happening with him getting resigned. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was in the tag Watkins camp before. Now I'm beginning to think Joyner should be the one. Watkins is good, but losing him wouldn't hurt as much. We got Woods and Kupp. I expect to see our tight ends more heavily involved. Don't be surprised to see Reynolds get more targets. As far as targets go, there's only so much to go around.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Here's my guess; ? NRC signs, Tru is gone, Joyner tagged, Watkins tests market and hopefully gives rams last offer. If rams lose out they better get robinson.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Here's my guess; ? NRC signs, Tru is gone, Joyner tagged, Watkins tests market and hopefully gives rams last offer. If rams lose out they better get robinson.

Sounds about right but I am afraid if Watkins does test the market he will be playing for some other team next season. I am a Watkins fan so I hope the Rams figure a way to keep him (And, Joyner!)!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's a Poll for you, Do we Tag, Joyner ( Price 16 Mil.) or Watkins ( Price 10 Mil)!!? Values are per NFLN! Tag Dead-Line 4:00pm EST Today!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Isn't the tag price the other way around? Receiver at 16 million? FS at 11? And there's another poll on this page.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A second poll for this? (y)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Life in the NFL. You can't keep all your good players. Joyner's tag cost would be almost 5 million less that Watkins. I have a feeling that will probably be the biggest factor in their decision.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Prove it contract tag at $16 million? He wants that much and the 2nd round ick be damned he can sign somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I don't "want this" but I'm predicting this is how this will go. Another team will pay him $15mill+ a year over several years just because of his age, potential and draft pedigree. We can rent him for another year to see if he's truly worth that for about the same price but for only one year. Personally, Id love to sign him to a Robert Woods type of contract. Much more franchise friendly salary and we get more time to see what we can do with Sammy

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s very funny to me that people are upset with the front office and questioning them because we haven’t signed any pending free agents yet. There have been 2 or 3 players in the entire NFL to have signed such a contract. Players want to hit free agency, it drives up what they get paid. Calm down, it will happen!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't get me wrong, I don't "want this" but I'm predicting this is how this will go. Another team will pay him $15mill+ a year over several years just because of his age, potential and draft pedigree. We can rent him for another year to see if he's truly worth that for about the same price but for only one year. Personally, Id love to sign him to a Robert Woods type of contract. Much more franchise friendly salary and we get more time to see what we can do with Sammy
If another team offers him $15 million then best of luck to both of them. I’ll take Reynolds and the comp pick.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think the bottom line is, we cannot let Joyner go. We have no viable replacements on the roster for him and I'm not a big fan of the free agent FS class. We cannot force ourselves to have to pick a FS early and then have them start right away. This is why this is an easy choice. We have potential Watkins replacements currently on the roster, and I'm not sure Reynolds is really that much of a downgrade. He was quite productive when he got the chance.

Psycho_X

Legend
It’s very funny to me that people are upset with the front office and questioning them because we haven’t signed any pending free agents yet. There have been 2 or 3 players in the entire NFL to have signed such a contract. Players want to hit free agency, it drives up what they get paid. Calm down, it will happen!

I think upset isn't the word to describe anyone unless I missed a rant some where. Concerned is a better way of putting it. Especially since we have so many, what some would call "premium", free agents hitting the market at their respective positions. I'll be upset if we don't retain several of them when the smoke clears.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too lazy to look it up, what time do teams have until to place franchise tags?