Did my browser take me to Rams Stalk?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I wish everyone could be a mod here for a week. It's something like this...

SisyphusGif.gif

You don't want me to have that kinda power. There would be like 10 members left after I'm done my week lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
(I've never been a member of Rams stalk but have heard stories

Picture a site where anything goes(or a circus without a ringmaster, or a classroom with no teacher where the children are screaming, throwing things around the room, and choking each other). Then every couple of months a mod stops by and bans a bunch of members without explanation and the whole cycle starts all over again. That's RamsTalk.

giphy.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
so what is that makes this board like rams stalk ? Is it being critical of players ? The coaching staff ? The blurb as a whole (I've never been a member of Rams stalk but have heard stories
No its more the posts like "Grob is stupid, why did they ever draft him" "Fisher has no clue the game has passed him by". The posts that are just constant raging with no real thought given to the circumstances and what might be a light at the end of the tunnel or at least constructive ideas.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No its more the posts like "Grob is stupid, why did they ever draft him" "Fisher has no clue the game has passed him by". The posts that are just constant raging with no real thought given to the circumstances and what might be a light at the end of the tunnel or at least constructive ideas.

Like the quote below you mean ?

He could not make a throw more than 7 yards down field. When he threw outside it was nowhere near a completion and didn't have any more zip than Keenum. When he was flushed he could not find a WR and could not be calm enough to throw it away. He certainly does not look like a plug and play guy. He might be decent in 3 or 4 years, maybe. Of course it was his first game but it looks like he is not close to the best player coming out of the 2016 draft, and maybe not the 3rd be QB. I can only pray that he gets better otherwise we're freaked for another decade.

But they should fire fisher .... 5 years no winning record .. no creativity on offense over those five years ....4-6 over ten games every year of those five

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just gets frustrating watching the team keep doing the same thing over and over again and achieving the same results and the coach says he has no intention of changing. The rest of the league is flying and Fisher is still taking the train.

tempests

Hall of Fame
This board has a long way to go before it devolves into that freakshow.

Rams Talk had board members posting crime scene pics of murder victims and threatening each others families. Relentless, spamming, relentless trolling, and moderators who did nothing about it and were even proud of their inaction.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, I'm thinking Stan doesn't read our board......
Probably not but I know for sure that KD does.

I see this same thread/argument in every sports forum I've ever inhabited. Bad teams, good teams,
Things go bad... some people complain "this message board didn't used to be like this."

I'm mean there may be some truth to some of it. But I've see this same line of debate played out over and over in every message board.

I think it's one way that people deal with losing.. they deflect.
I've read or been a member of virtually every other board out there. What you are seeing voiced by some are real concerns because there are some on here who don't respect the FACT that this board has always been different. I caution you not pretend to know a site you have been a member of for all of a few months. And I don't mean caution as a warning. I mean that you only insult people who know better by making those kinds of assumptions.

You are wrong here. This board originated when we had a been playing crappy for quite a while. It was actually built as a place to get away from the crap overwhelming all the other boards. If you think it is just like all the other boards and expect to be able to post like you read on them, you are probably setting yourself up for disappointment when one of us moderators has to step in for a correction.

the mods on this boards have made it abundantly clear what goes and what doesnt
fisher is poo poo stinky head is a no no
fisher needs to change his philosphy its outdated because of XYZ is all good
Interesting phrasing but... yeah... that is pretty much it. Show respect for those currently in the organization and (above all) for other members of this board and most of it is good.

I would only add that those who are simply constant downers and want to not only bitch in every post but also start a bunch of threads that are essentially vent threads are not going to be appreciated by many of the members and certainly not the moderators.

I hope every week and yesterday had to sit with my grandkids and bite my tongue which is normally not civil in a meltdown like that. Believe me no one torches them more than me sometimes to my own detriment but this is a sanctuary and I'd like to keep it that way. There are plenty of other places out there for the other nonsense.

And I'm fine with reasoned discussion. REASONED
Yep Bart. I hear you. If you are indeed a Rams fan, you simply can't be happy with what is going on. I'm pretty sure everyone within the organization sees what is happening and knows the fans are not happy. IMO - no amount of bitching is going to make them suddenly come to some sort of epiphany.

I think it is delusional to think that KD (for example) is reading this board and thinking, "man, we have to do something. I didn't really think about it before but the fans really think Fisher sucks and that GRob should be waived and that the move up to get Goff was a mistake. Good thing I read the fan boards, so I can better do my job."

Rather, I do think that when he reads a board where the posts are reasoned and not full of a bunch of disrespectful venom to wade through, he gets a sense of what the fans are thinking without feeling like he is simply wasting his time with mob mentality.

Despite a few people trying to say that we only welcome homer posts here, we are not doing that and this board has NEVER been about doing that. This board has always been about the reasoned discussion of our team and simply having fun BSing about our Rams. We encourage upbeat conversation but realize as well as anyone what we are seeing on the field.

A thing I personally would like people to think about before posting is if what they are saying is something they would actually find interesting - even thought provoking - maybe funny or entertaining or showing comradery - something people would find cool - an interesting thing they saw on the field. If that's the case, post away. But if you are going to post something and you know it is just taking an opportunity to bitch, and the vent thread is done, maybe you ought to hold your finger on the backspace key.

Fans can say they have a right to be angry and voicing that anger will make the ownership stand up and take notice. I would say that if your goal is to be angry and make sure everyone knows it, then go do it somewhere else. Please DO use those other sites to get your message across to ownership. But this is not the place for that. If someone is sitting across the bar from me and is telling me how angry they are about this and how pissed they are about that and that so and so sucks, and then a couple more came in and saw that was cool to do and started following suit, I'd be either butting heads with them or finding a different bar. Well welcome to our different bar.

And please.... if someone wants to look at a positive side or bring up something that is fun or positive to look at, don't go slamming him because you feel you have a right to be pissed or that you think he's blind. In fact, if any of you want to post threads that are fun and/or upbeat, I think we could ALL use them.

Cheers my Rams bruthuhs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And one other thing. I AM a proud homer and don't view the term as an insult until some "realist" accuses me of being blind for it. Homers rule!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
. If someone is sitting across the bar from me and is telling me how angry they are about this and how pissed they are about that and that so and so sucks, and then a couple more came in and saw that was cool to do and started following suit, I'd be either butting heads with them or finding a different bar. Well welcome to our different bar.

[/QUOTE]

This

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What's interesting is members who rarely post after a win but join right in to vent their spleen after a loss. :sneaky:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The saddest thing? I'm numb now.

I watched as they started the fourth quarter and turned to my GF and said... "they're gonna lose this game".

She's like "no way, they have a nice lead".

After the game, I slumped in the sofa and went numb again... it's been that way for years now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Like the quote below you mean ?

But they should fire fisher .... 5 years no winning record .. no creativity on offense over those five years ....4-6 over ten games every year of those five
No I gave some pretty clear critiques along with my hope that he grows and turns in to something good. In addition to saying another rebuild would be something I don't want for him or us.

And saying 5 years without considering the circumstances. 1 year of Bradford pretty good start 2 years with Bradford injured no team is going to prosper with the QBs they had to choose from and no there was no one else they were going to sign in those circumstances. 1 year with dumping Bradford's salary and getting a high draft pick and hopefully an NFL caliber QB who turned out to be not much better than Austin Davis.

So 5 years that have been painful but a lot better than the 7 or 8 prior to that and while building a dominant defense and special teams and trying to find the right piece at QB to get the rest of the offensive talent up to par.

Kind of like that.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This board has a long way to go before it devolves into that freakshow.

Rams Talk had board members posting crime scene pics of murder victims and threatening each others families. Relentless, spamming, relentless trolling, and moderators who did nothing about it and were even proud of their inaction.
oaaa_devo.jpg

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This place is nothing like RamStalk ... I used to read that forum during the GSOT days. You would see ridiculous posts about "FIRE MARTZ NOW!!! after he blew a challenge in a game they ended up winning by 3 TD's anyway when they already had 10 wins under their belt. It was ridiculous.

It's no fun reading negativity, but face it, this team is underachieving badly and has the talent to be much better. I get tired of reading about how bad certain players on offense are, how much they are overpaid, etc., etc., when I see that it's not the players themselves, but the coaching/scheming that is holding them back. I can look at those same players and know that, in the right situation, only the Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers of the world would find something to complain about. I suppose the thing that grates on my nerves the most around here how certain players are targeted as whipping boys and every mistake they make is amplified to say they are a bust, overpaid, blah blah blah. And occasionally we will see scorched Earth critiques where someone is targeted even though they have little to do with the problems we see on the field.

But while there is a lot of criticism going around, I find that many posters (if not a majority) are fairly level headed with their critiques, focusing on actual constructive points or rendering judgment on the Rams philosophical approach. It's simply maddening to see the same things that prevent this team from getting over the hump repeating themselves over and over. It's even harder when we all know that this team has talent on both sides of the ball and continues to have a worse record than many teams that are clearly less talented. There's only so much a fan can take.

In short, I don't mind the criticism if it's warranted, and it's discerning of the real cause of the problems without careening into bashing those who have little or nothing to do with them. I think most posters here will give credit where credit is due, and will give a guy a chance. But patience is only a virtue if it's applied in the right amount, beyond a certain point it's just being Pollyanna-ish (is that a word, or should I use more gooder english to say that?).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The saddest thing? I'm numb now.

I watched as they started the fourth quarter and turned to my GF and said... "they're gonna lose this game".

She's like "no way, they have a nice lead".

After the game, I slumped in the sofa and went numb again... it's been that way for years now.
What's even sadder is that I used to vehemently debate you on every turn, and now we are on same page
Lol!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No I gave some pretty clear critiques along with my hope that he grows and turns in to something good. In addition to saying another rebuild would be something I don't want for him or us.

And saying 5 years without considering the circumstances. 1 year of Bradford pretty good start 2 years with Bradford injured no team is going to prosper with the QBs they had to choose from and no there was no one else they were going to sign in those circumstances. 1 year with dumping Bradford's salary and getting a high draft pick and hopefully an NFL caliber QB who turned out to be not much better than Austin Davis.

So 5 years that have been painful but a lot better than the 7 or 8 prior to that and while building a dominant defense and special teams and trying to find the right piece at QB to get the rest of the offensive talent up to par.

Kind of like that.

But that's the thing with the right HC it wont be another rebuild just a re tooling ..with the talent we have in place now a FA period and a draft ....who knows what could happen

Heck a HC with a compentant plan for the offense could win with this roster now 10 possessions for the phins yesterday and no 3rd conversions until the last two drives .... a half decent offense would have put that game away by the end of the 2nd qtr ... the phins should have been down by 40 and in no shape to come back

Look I like fisher ... I like his brand of football ball control hard nose defense ball control ... but we aren't and can't run the ball and if that doesn't work ... there's no plan B or C and that is why he has to go

You did at Goff's performance as you're well within your rights too ... but as you say without considering the circumstances ... first start ..horrid conditions not one real route that was ran past the first down markers ....no run game to speak of .. but it's all subjective

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
But that's the thing with the right HC it wont be another rebuild just a re tooling ..with the talent we have in place now a FA period and a draft ....who knows what could happen

Heck a HC with a compentant plan for the offense could win with this roster now 10 possessions for the phins yesterday and no 3rd conversions until the last two drives .... a half decent offense would have put that game away by the end of the 2nd qtr ... the phins should have been down by 40 and in no shape to come back

Look I like fisher ... I like his brand of football ball control hard nose defense ball control ... but we aren't and can't run the ball and if that doesn't work ... there's no plan B or C and that is why he has to go

You did at Goff's performance as you're well within your rights too ... but as you say without considering the circumstances ... first start ..horrid conditions not one real route that was ran past the first down markers ....no run game to speak of .. but it's all subjective
I know they said they were not scaling back the game plan but that is not what I saw and I can believe it. I was very hopeful that Goff would come out looking like a 4 year vet, I'm a homer like that.

I don't remember many new HCs that don't want their own stamp on the team. There is a lot of talent on the Rams I wonder how many FAs would bail on a new HC??

I know it isn't popular but I honestly believe next year and the year after with the same staff and retaining their FAs ad this team will be a monster.