Did my browser take me to Rams Stalk?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I don't think they intentionally shutdown the offense. I think they were playing a pretty good defense and with the weather, the penalties, Goff in there and as inept as the oline has been that was all they could do.

I agree completely

Gase said that they pressured the shit out of Goff, so you have validation from Miami's coach vs. the vent faction that finds nothing positive.

I know what I saw.

I know I don't come here to vent.

Hope the mods take this place back.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
in all seriousness though ... fish has had five years and we haven't gotten better every year ...and sure you can point to the QB situation ,, the lack of talent ,,,the move ..whatever ....fisher still hasnt got it done

this is his team...his players..his coaching staff ...theres no bleed over from the previous coaches its his game plan and game philosophy and it isnt working the rams have to be PERFECT on defense to win games

now i like Jeff seems like a stand up guy.. id love to have a beer with him.. he is loyal (too a fault) and in this world thats becoming a rare commodity but i dont want him as our HC anymore

id rather be losing games 35-38 than 10-14 or 0-28 to the worst team in football

8-8 was my bench mark for fisher ..since the 7-9 bs statement ..right now id take 7-9
Originally I thought Fisher needed to have this team in the playoffs in 4 years. All that changed for me with Bradford's injuries. The year of his first injury this team was on the way to the playoffs, I am convinced of that. Probably as a wildcard. The second injury for Bradford was a result of trying to live up to those expectations and pushing it too early behind a LT who was also coming back too early. With a healthy Bradford I think it is very likely that they would have been a playoff team for the last 3 years.

As many other have said this is a QB driven league now and we simply have not had an NFL QB since Fisher's first year. Thinking they were supposed to somehow win with that kind of handicap??? I don't see it.

This year with the move and trying to make a splash they made a great gamble, I wasn't really onboard because I thought they had a good prospect in Mannion, the career Pac 12 leader. Now that it is done I think Goff needs the rest of this year and next year to get up to speed. That part sucks but it is what they have committed to and I think when he is ready to lead a team we will see more scoring and fewer 14-10 games.

Its a process and without the most important part they were hamstrung with what they could try on offense. We just didn't have a guy who could throw it around the field 40 times a game and win even though they tried with Keenum.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not sure. We're badly coached. The Defense is legit - but then gives up stupidly late in the game. We had that game won when Goff scrambles for the first down ; stupid penalty. Etc etc....

Maybe we're really close. I felt that last year. I felt we were one position away. But I think we need a new starting C, RG and a LT.
I'm not sure about the oline and where the problems are, if it is players scheme, or coaching. I see Havenstien as worse this year than last it can only be because of scheme or coaching. They are a young group and thankfully have been healthy this year. If they can be together the entire year, next year I could believe they would be better. I'd like to see some senior leadership at center but getting a first tier FA to come to this team will be difficult, it might be better to stick with what we have for continuity and look at a new coach.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This team hasn't had a winning season in so long that there are people in this world already who are old enough to be cognizant of the fact that the Rams have never won in their life time.

That weighs on you.

Q729

Legend
This team hasn't had a winning season in so long that there are people in this world already who are old enough to be cognizant of the fact that the Rams have never won in their life time.
That weighs on you.
Yeah. After the decent success of the 80s, those fumes of success had me thinking the Rams were still a decent above average team. It didn't really sink in how shitty they were until I started hearing people expressing their condolences when they saw me wearing any kind of Rams gear. Obviously that subsided with the GSOT years, but now I'm once again living off of the residuals of a long-faded success.

I still believe we aren't as shitty as all those teams I see every Sunday that make me say to myself, "Ah, why are they showing that shitty team on TV again?..." But yeah, it's kind of interesting looking from the point of view of someone that has never known the Rams as a winning team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hope the mods take this place back.
We've never left this place. And though there may be more negative members here than we have had in the past, we try to keep a close eye on what is being posted and act when necessary. I suppose in a way, someone complaining that we are not doing enough tells us that we may be walking that line fairly well.

Believe me - moderating a board like this is tricky. We all have our preferences on how to deal with the board, the members, and how they react to the product on the field and the outlook for the future. We discuss it all the time because, like the many different personalities on the board, the mods have varying ideas as well. While it would be easier for us to have a hair trigger and ax anyone who crosses us or else take the approach of too many other sites and allow for a free for all with little to no moderation, instead, we try to achieve a happy medium where we can allow members to voice their honest concerns as well as the fun posts we all like.

It can be fun being a moderator but rarely is that fun from doing the job of moderating. We'd all like to just shoot the shit with fellow Rams fans without having to come down on those who lean negative or just go full bitch mode. But the reality is that there are many posters/members that offer very good discussion but sometimes get overwhelmed by the poor product we keep being subjected to on the field and finally have to break from their normal MO and get it off their chest. It's hard to blame them.

In the end, we try to do as much as possible to keep this place the ROD many of us have been members of since the beginning or close to it. But realistically, we'd have to shrink this thing down pretty small to get back to the tight group we used to be.

There are several people on here that I butt heads with from time to time. But that doesn't mean they are bad people or bad fans or that they don't belong here. It means we sometimes have to check ourselves as much if not more than we do the other members. I like the diversity of this board. While I love being a homer and talking to other homers, it is very interesting talking to others who see things differently as long as they are not being dickheads about it.

Bottom line is that this may not be the same ROD that was started back in 2010. We keep it as close to that as we can. But it is still the best Rams board out there and we will do whatever we can to keep it that way. I won't shy away from calling it like I see it when someone is being overly negative or a jerk to our members or the organization but I am unlikely to jump in every time a few members get into an argument either. And that goes for old members as well as new. The long time members will always have a longer rope. But that doesn't mean we will always take their side.

So to me, it is not a matter of taking things back. It is just a few guys doing the best we can to keep this place fun for as many people as possible while sticking as close as possible to why we all migrated over here.