Denver; what do they do at QB?/They trade for Mark Sanchez of course

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One hit didn't change Foles. Nothing happened to him. Foles was who he was.

Fisher wanted to believe that 2013 Foles was the real one. Many people were already saying that was only due to the Chip Kelly offense playing bad defenses and that Foles was flawed........so yes I totally agree. It doesn't say much about Fisher/Sneads QB evaluation skills does it?

Denver just lost 2 QB, why is the assumption that Kubiak was interested in Keenum as the starter? If he was a FA, and they have experience together, it stands to reason he may just want him as a camp arm.

I think that many of us think they want him to start because they don't have a Qb starter and it was reported that the Broncos had a plan A,B,C. Osweiler, Kaep, Keenum. C seems to be the only one left.

The thing is, it's strange that Osweiler upped sticks and left after Manning hangs up his cleats, surely he was in prime position to take over the reigns of a Super Bowl winning team, unless he knew something we didn't.

There was much talk about this on the radio and several articles on the subject. They all said the same thing. Osweiler's ego was bruised. Think about it. He went to a worse situation in Houston for not a lot more money. Reports came out that he refused to talk to any Denver coaches or front office people for the last two months. The fact that they didn't try to negotiate his contract until they were positive that Manning was retiring, to the day, also stuck in his craw. So it was personal. Where would he have a better place to get to the Superbowl? Denver or Houston? He was just pissed. I don't blame him either. He is not great, but he played well enough to beat the Patriots during a crucial regular season game. He felt he deserved more respect and he wasn't getting it. We all want respect.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know it isn't good value, but isn't it possible that Case Keenum is there best option? I mean, if Fitzpatrick is off the table and trading for a guy like Glennon cant get done. The Broncos first round pick is nearly a second round pick. They could offer Keenum and risk it. What would they lose? They have a very good team. They could afford to lose the pick. Keenum was supposedly their plan C. so maybe they like him a lot.

Now the other side of the coin is this. Are the Rams being truthful by calling Keenum the starter going in or is that to raise the stakes and get someone to give up a first round pick for him instead? If he left the Rams would be in tough shape. But two firsts and two seconds, could move them pretty high on the draft board. Maybe to #1 and Wentz. Or, at least in a position to fill a lot of needs early, including future QB.
I was just thinking the same thing, about offering-up Keenum. And Trading up to #1 for Wentz! BUT IDK about offering Both first's and both second's to the Titans! Do you think they would Take #31,#43 and #45!?!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How do you know that Trevor Siemian isn't as good (or bad depending on how you look at it) as Mannion??
Bottom line is neither team has a legit QB right now and given what the Broncos have to offer and have proven, I have moreconfidence that their QB sich will work out fine.
Have you ever seen him on any NFL network features? At least Mannion has gotten some air time there and has been in some QB competitions. I have a friend who works at the stadium in Denver, I'll ask him about Siemian because I've never even heard of him that I can remember.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was just thinking the same thing, about offering-up Keenum. And Trading up to #1 for Wentz! BUT IDK about offering Both first's and both second's to the Titans! Do you think they would Take #31,#43 and #45!?!

Sorry, I am not a numbers guy. I don't know what the trade value charts add up to. But, my thinking is that if the Rams could make that trade and not owe any future picks then I would be all for moving those picks to get to #1 and Wentz.

Have you ever seen him on any NFL network features? At least Mannion has gotten some air time there and has been in some QB competitions. I have a friend who works at the stadium in Denver, I'll ask him about Siemian because I've never even heard of him that I can remember.

I have seen Trevor Semien play at Northwestern. Think of a poor mans Johnny Manziel. They are very very similar. Only Semien has his act together. But he is not a big durable sort. Good runner/scrambler. Keeps plays alive to some extent. I don't see a starter in him. But who knows? Some guys progress with the right coaching.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There was much talk about this on the radio and several articles on the subject. They all said the same thing. Osweiler's ego was bruised. Think about it. He went to a worse situation in Houston for not a lot more money. Reports came out that he refused to talk to any Denver coaches or front office people for the last two months. The fact that they didn't try to negotiate his contract until they were positive that Manning was retiring, to the day, also stuck in his craw. So it was personal. Where would he have a better place to get to the Superbowl? Denver or Houston? He was just pissed. I don't blame him either. He is not great, but he played well enough to beat the Patriots during a crucial regular season game. He felt he deserved more respect and he wasn't getting it. We all want respect.

thanks @Elmgrovegnome, still in the NFL-free zone of the UK here. I get it now, I bet he was mightily pissed at still being second fiddle, especially to a potential retiree, when, as you say he's good enough to be given the starter reigns somewhere...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
thanks @Elmgrovegnome, still in the NFL-free zone of the UK here. I get it now, I bet he was mightily pissed at still being second fiddle, especially to a potential retiree, when, as you say he's good enough to be given the starter reigns somewhere...

One thing I forgot, they also said that it sucks following a legend. Who wants to be that guy? So that may have figured into it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
One thing I forgot, they also said that it sucks following a legend. Who wants to be that guy? So that may have figured into it.

Yeh, I guess you've got the, "ahh he's not as good as Manning" or "Manning would have made that pass" bunch of fans - he could have done an Aaron Rodgers though and rocked it ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Point is, there is no way to say who is better or worse at this point.
Both the Rams and Broncos QB situation is bleak right now. If Case Keenum is our starting QB for 2016 then we can expect another 7-9 year

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that many of us think they want him to start because they don't have a Qb starter and it was reported that the Broncos had a plan A,B,C. Osweiler, Kaep, Keenum. C seems to be the only one left.
Maybe I missed it, but were was that ever out of Denver's mouth?
I've only seen that as speculation

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Point is, there is no way to say who is better or worse at this point.
Both the Rams and Broncos QB situation is bleak right now. If Case Keenum is our starting QB for 2016 then we can expect another 7-9 year
I don't buy the 7-9 record bit. Keenum is better than any QB playing for the Rams over the last 3 years and with a healthy Gurley and more experienced Oline the offense will be better than the last 3 years. I'm a bit more concerned with the defensive adjustments and Quinn's health. If they can perform as well as the team did last year they should be looking at double digit wins.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have seen Trevor Semien play at Northwestern. Think of a poor mans Johnny Manziel. They are very very similar. Only Semien has his act together. But he is not a big durable sort. Good runner/scrambler. Keeps plays alive to some extent. I don't see a starter in him. But who knows? Some guys progress with the right coaching.

My friend in Denver knows nothing about him. That alone tells me there is no question that the Broncos situation is without a doubt worse

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was 3-1 down the stretch. Tell me why you think so little of him
Did you watch him play?
He's fine for a spot starter but if he's our guy for the entire 16, we'd be lucky to get Shaun Hill/Austin Davis production
He was 3-2 during the soft spot in our schedule and couldn't beat the 49ers who had given up on the season months before.
He only had 4 TD in 5 games and threw for less than 140 yards in 3 out of 5 starts.
There's plenty to not be thrilled about

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cowherd claims that all of this info comes from his most reliable sources. TIFWIW.

nonetheless it is very believable.
John Elway looks at the QB landscape and says, A Peyton Manning, B Brock Osweiler and C Case Keenum
Yeah, that's believable all right. And if you pull my right leg it plays jingle bells

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Did you watch him play?
He's fine for a spot starter but if he's our guy for the entire 16, we'd be lucky to get Shaun Hill/Austin Davis production
He was 3-2 during the soft spot in our schedule and couldn't beat the 49ers who had given up on the season months before.
He only had 4 TD in 5 games and threw for less than 140 yards in 3 out of 5 starts.
There's plenty to not be thrilled about
Simple question you don't have to be snarky , did I watch? Would I be here if I didn't watch?

He did what he was asked to do within the offense. His throws were on time and he tried to play through a concussion. He had the team in position to win the SF game on the road after staying on the west coast all week after the Seattle win. That Seattle win was the first one in 11 years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Simple question you don't have to be snarky , did I watch? Would I be here if I didn't watch?

He did what he was asked to do within the offense. His throws were on time and he tried to play through a concussion. He had the team in position to win the SF game on the road after staying on the west coast all week after the Seattle win. That Seattle win was the first one in 11 years.
I'm not being snarky, just honest.
They scored 18 ppg in his 5 starts and he was shaky at best.
I ask if you watched the games because I honestly don't know how you could have and been able to see a starting QB in Keenum.
I am still holding out hope there's more to this off season where we get a legitimate QB. I didn't see anything out of Keenum to say he was any better than Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis or Shaun Hill