Defensive coordinator search

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think it'd ever be as actual DC, and I absolutely hate the guy as I know all of you do, but imagine Bellichek as a consultant. Imagine McVay actually getting to pick his brain for awhile.

It would only make McVay better which is obviously awesome for us.
I said this a few days ago too. I wouldn’t want him coaching but advising? Sure

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So just read somebody post blitz % on another site. The Giants were second behind Minnesota at 45.4%. Rams were 16th at 24.3%. But the Rams had 7 more sacks. Oh and Famgios Dolphins were 27th in blitz % but we're 3rd in the league in sacks with 15 more than the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shula interviewing in Miami is interesting and insinuates he is out of consideration for the Rams job.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Shula interviewing in Miami is interesting and insinuates he is out of consideration for the Rams job.
Alternative perspective, it’s leverage. Don’t promote me, I leave. I’ve used this one before.

Further, the Rams interviewed Staley yesterday. It takes time to make a decision of this magnitude. I don’t think Chris wants to say no to an opportunity if there’s potential in Miami. Is the expectation he crosses his fingers about the Rams job and tells Miami not interested in interviewing?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Maybe both Evero and the Rams want him back as DC. He wants to leave but Carolina not allowing it still even with his continued stated desire to be out. I think he might have been the top guy. Staley now seems likely

WestCoastRam

Legend
Lot's of inconclusive reporting on Evero. Tepper wants to keep. He's under contract. Someone (Evero's agent?) floated to a couple reporters how staying in Charlotte would be bad for his HC prospects. Don't know if Evero has any leverage to get out of contract though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alternative perspective, it’s leverage. Don’t promote me, I leave. I’ve used this one before.

Further, the Rams interviewed Staley yesterday. It takes time to make a decision of this magnitude. I don’t think Chris wants to say no to an opportunity if there’s potential in Miami. Is the expectation he crosses his fingers about the Rams job and tells Miami not interested in interviewing?
Possible yes. But he and McVay are boys. They're close. So I suspect it means he's not the guy.

Also and btw... If that is true and if Miami are moving on by interviewing candidates not named Staley these things seem to be drawing a picture.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's been some talk on twitter re: college coaches being tired of this new era and that there is more reason for them to push for NFL jobs. Find that interesting. Time will tell on whether that is a thing, but in this particular window we might have a surprise interview or two that are not on the radar due to this factor as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Whomever the new DC is, he’s going to want to bring in a couple of his guys too. It takes time.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm getting antsy. I don't want a retread at DC.. want someone who continues to evolve McVays mind and introduces him to the evolving defenses. Not a lot of the same that we've had.

I'd like a guy who will run an attacking hybrid, not bend but don't break.

Also someone who's going to bring toughness and attitude. I'm getting tired of being soft on defense and just getting pushed around.

I want to be the bad motherfuckers for a change.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

With him getting this job it looks like you were right matey. :clinkingbeer: