David Shaw Visited Rams Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Fisher might be a fantastic front office hire.

Maybe Fisher, Demoff and Mr Burns discussed this outcome and they decided not to waste any time in starting the courtship to land David Shaw??

Everyone who wants to see Fisher get canned should consider the possibility that he gets a promotion instead.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Probably ends up being nothing. :(

Shaw has his faults. But he also has done an impressive job at Stanford. And he's a very talented offensive-mind.(Gruden protege)

IMO, his game would translate to the NFL because of the pro style attack, thus being a Gruden protege, plus his teams seem to be well discipline and don't commit stupid penalties. Some call him conservative and maybe for the college game he is, but IMO, that might not be the case at the NFL level.

He would be my number one choice and if he did take an NFL job I believe he would stay in California...BTW, his dad Willie Shaw was defensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams under Rich Brooks....And like the rest of you I believe this is nothing, but it made me sleep a tad better last night for just the thought.

Like Father, Like Son!
maxresdefault.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Fisher might be a fantastic front office hire.

Maybe Fisher, Demoff and Mr Burns discussed this outcome and they decided not to waste any time in starting the courtship to land David Shaw??

Everyone who wants to see Fisher get canned should consider the possibility that he gets a promotion instead.

I want to see Fisher canned as head coach. I'm fine with him in the organization.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I don't care where Fisher goes as long as he is no longer the head coach of the Rams.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I want to see Fisher canned as head coach. I'm fine with him in the organization.
I agree completely with both of you. Fisher is very good with player relationships. Also him and Snead have had some great drafts together. I see no reason why he shouldn't have a place within the organization.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
Since when does a front office bring in another head coach candidate, and his staff, and parade them around the current coaching staff, and players? This has nothing to do with David Shaw being the coach of the rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care where Fisher goes as long as he is no longer the head coach of the Rams.
I agree
I don't dislike Fisher, but I don't understand what he's done to deserve any sort of position with the team. Sure, Linehan and Spags proved to be tragically bad hires, and Fisher cleaned up some of the mess, but he's leaving a mess of his own behind for the next guy.
All I care about is that he's not on the sidelines next season

As for Shaw, I hope this means nothing as I hope he doesn't end up coaching the Rams

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
What are the chances that Fisher interviewed his successor because he'll get moved into a front office job at the end of the season and be Snead's boss.

I have been saying this for a while. Fisher will move to President of Football Operations and hire a new coach to work with Snead!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Screw up on the job and get promoted...

keep-calm-because-i-got-promoted-6.png

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...ams-stanford-cardinal-david-shaw-jeff-fisher/

Potential Rams head coach candidate David Shaw visited the team today
By: Bryan Kalbrosky

usatsi_9689712.jpg

Stanford head coach David Shaw visited the Los Angeles Rams on Wednesday. Shaw is one of the most coveted collegiate coaches for an NFL job.

View: https://twitter.com/LATimesklein/status/804118879400173568

It’s entirely unclear based on our Twitter search why Shaw was with the team today.

But it’s worth mentioning his appearance considering we included him in our list of potential candidates to replace Fisher next season. He hasn’t expressed interest in an NFL coaching gig

Here’s what we wrote earlier this month about Shaw to Los Angeles:

“Shaw is 62-17 since he took over as the head coach of the Stanford Cardinal when Jim Harbaugh left in 2011. He has won two Rose Bowl titles and three Pac-12 Coach of the Year Awards during his tenure with the Cardinal.

It seems Shaw has no interest in leaving his alma mater for an NFL gig (via ESPN). He’s maintained that attitude for as long as he’s been on record when asked about the question.

Recent college coaches (e.g. Nick Saban for Miami and Chip Kelly for San Francisco and Philadelphia) have not fared well in the league. But I’d expect Shaw to perform better — if he ever chose to make the leap.”

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I wouldn't have any real problem with him being part of the front office - but I don't want him to have any say whatsoever in setting the team coaching philosophy.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Probably doesn't mean much. Fisher has invited a ton of coaches to see the new digs. I don't really see Shaw leaving his Alma mater, which is really as great a job as you can get. If he were to leave trading Northern California for Southern California with a QB he really likes doesn't seem like a bad trade.

Here are some Shaw quotes on Goff http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/...-praise-from-david-shaw-on-cal-qb-jared-goff/

“You have to get a calculator with Goff’s numbers,” Shaw said. “He’s awesome. He’s tall, he’s long. He has a quick release. He can paint the sidelines from the far hash. That’s big-time.

“Down the field, the balls are beautiful. They’re tight, coming down right where you want them. The kid’s really good. He’s the kind of guy you root for. He’s a humble kid. We’re going into this game with a lot of respect for this guy. He is that good.”

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't have any real problem with him being part of the front office - but I don't want him to have any say whatsoever in setting the team coaching philosophy.
Cant see how he deserves a front office job, but as long as it has nothing to do with the play on the field, I'm good....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, a Shaw interview would also satisfy the Rooney rule, just sayin.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Anyone know if Fisher has any press conferences lined up today ? I want to hear what he says about the Shaw visit. Maybe it's nothing, but it sure seems like it could be something given the current state of our team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone know if Fisher has any press conferences lined up today ? I want to hear what he says about the Shaw visit. Maybe it's nothing, but it sure seems like it could be something given the current state of our team.
Well, Shaw still has a bowl game to coach, so I'd think if he had a foot out the door, he might want to be careful about his players seeing stuff like this

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Maybe Shaw is trying to recruit Sean Mannion

Fisher may have gotten Mannion a few years of eligibility back being he's only dressed the guy for 1 game this year

image.jpeg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who invited him to visit? That's the key...

Recent college coaches (e.g. Nick Saban for Miami and Chip Kelly for San Francisco and Philadelphia) have not fared well in the league. But I’d expect Shaw to perform better — if he ever chose to make the leap.”
I thought Chip did well as a coach, with Andy Reid's players. Harbaugh & Pete Carroll are the college coaches that I think of that made the leap. Pac-12 baby!