David Shaw Visited Rams Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@badnews , @Mackeyser , @dieterbrock Let's take a breath. First off, I can see what BadNews is saying. People have been attacking him simply because he has had alternative thoughts on Fisher besides fire his ass. Unfortunately, answering some of it with sarcasm or retort often falls flat in type. It seems to have resulted in a bunch of hard feelings between members I consider pretty damn good posters on most fronts - whether I agree with yawlz or not.

This whole Fire Fisher debate is pitting members against each other even when they somewhat agree with each other but on varying degrees.

I don't think anyone is happy with the product on the field so let's just let cooler heads prevail - eh?
The only time I ever attacked @badnews was when he once said that Keith Moon was the greatest drummer ever.
Of course everyone knows that title belongs to Neil Peart
Lol
It's all good, we're all Rams fans, we all want the best for the team. I didn't think I attacked on the topic but will be mindful not to do so

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The only time I ever attacked @badnews was when he once said that Keith Moon was the greatest drummer ever.
Lol
It's all good, we're all Rams fans, we all want the best for the team. I didn't think I attacked on the topic but will be mindful not to do so

Omar Hakim has hit the inappropriate button on you both

image.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the subject of Fisher moving up into the Front Office - I don't agree that because he is not shown to be a successful HC that he cannot be a football operations guy. I can understand some not wanting him deciding on a new HC because they fear he would pic someone with as dull an offense as his. Not sure how a more dull offense is possible but....

Anywho, I actually like a run based offense with a top defense as long as you can do both run and pass and not give up 50 when you finally do. I think Fisher has a very good football mind. After all - it's not rocket science - right? Nice cheap shot at @jrry32 eh? I just don't think he has made the right decision on the offense. I do however think he sees that and knows what a good offense looks like. He just doesn't know how to run it himself.

Regardless, it's just my POV and I expect some will agree and some will disagree. Spice of life - yeah?

I also can understand some being hesitant moving up based on his draft and free agency decisions. But if he lets Snead run the drafts and free agency with him and the new coach providing input on directions or type of players then I'm all for it. Fisher has his own issues with player evaluations as we've seen the last 5 years. But the biggest thing with me is getting him off the sidelines.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Orrrr .. He could be brought in as the New OC!
Shaw brought in as an OC? Can't see that why leave a major college as HC when you're making over $4 million a year to be an OC for a guy like Fisher?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lol
Nah man - everyone's good. I just wanted to nip it in the bud before it got too far. Cheers.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Do they have a higher GPA requirement for football scholarships too or just for normal accepted enrollees? Serious question
Stanford is a private school so they can pretty much do what they want, no matter what their posted requirements say. But I think @Elmgrovegnome is justified making the point they have a higher intellect player in general -- it just bothers me when its repeated since I think it tends to overrate Stanford, and I hate Stanford. But if interested here's an editorial at the Stanford student paper on the subject: http://www.stanforddaily.com/2015/02/22/the-price-of-athletics-at-stanford/

Basically the football team is probably the worst students at the school, but they are still much better students than other football schools across the country. This is always discussed as a hindrance, but it sometimes helps their recruiting since any player with a brain is going to consider Stanford because even if the football thing doesn't work out they are still guaranteed a 6-figure salary upon graduation. And I'm not even going to get into the whole "refs won't call holding on Stanford because they are too smart to hold" crap...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Do they have a higher GPA requirement for football scholarships too or just for normal accepted enrollees? Serious question

Yes. I don't know if it is as high as the general population but I know through following College recruiting of high school players that it is not as easy to qualify for a football scholarship at Stanford. Each year there will be a handful of recruits that will have interest in PSU or Notre Dame or wherever but they hold out to see if they can get there grades up to get into Stanford.

I think they can tweak their requirements anyway they want like mentioned above. But, I see enough evidence to think it is a little higher standard.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lol

John Henry Bonham, but he's now on the stairway to heaven.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Lol

HA!!! We all know I'm the greatest drummer!!! (as long as a dead horse is the drum....) :deadhorse::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:grouphug:

IMG_3937-e1451955795151-600x800.jpg